Where is the thread about 'needless paperwork'?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  5
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Simona Guest

Default Where is the thread about 'needless paperwork'?

I can't find it anymore...has it been moved?

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Looks like it's gone.

Simona Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    Looks like it's gone.
    I wonder why?
    There is a very interesting discussion on LinkedIn on the topic ...so I shall follow it there and report any good bits!
    Thanks for your input and hope you had a chance to look at the research I had posted

Post Thanks / Like

I saw your original thread but didn't get chance to look at the research.

Perhaps you could pm me the link

Thanks

Miffy xx
    Keep smiling!

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by miffy View Post
    I saw your original thread but didn't get chance to look at the research.

Perhaps you could pm me the link

Thanks

Miffy xx
    Same here. I was going to look at the links this evening. If you get chance would you mind sending them to me in a pm?

Registered Childminder since
    may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I signed it last week when it was posted on the Independent Facebook page - don't know why it's vanished from here?

Simona Guest

Quote Originally Posted by hectors house View Post
    I signed it last week when it was posted on the Independent Facebook page - don't know why it's vanished from here?
    Thank you HH
    I have queried with admin the reason the thread was deleted as I think the links to the research were of interest to other members.
    The petition link would not have shown but it is easy to trace for those who want to sign.

I will repost the research link later.

8. Likes Mouse liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Simona

Simona Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    Thanks Simona
    Sorry for delay but still no reply from admin why the post was deleted?
    No point in reposting links if they get deleted again

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I removed the petition thread while I was checking with the other admins about whether it was appropriate for the forum or not because we do not normally allow petitions.

I appreciate there were other links in the post which is why I simply moved it while it was discussed.

Thank you

12. Likes Mouse liked this post
    Simona Guest

Quote Originally Posted by sarah707 View Post
    I removed the petition thread while I was checking with the other admins about whether it was appropriate for the forum or not because we do not normally allow petitions.

I appreciate there were other links in the post which is why I simply moved it while it was discussed.

Thank you
    Petitions are posted in this forum all the times
    the ones about C H A N G E etc usually are starred but members can find them if they wish...we know the reason behind this so I can' t buy that petitions are not allowed.

I myself posted the Millie's Trust petitiion about First Aid for all ...that was not deleted
    This particular petition about needless paperwork was not 'moved' but deleted ...it is in our interests to look at what is going on outside and join in.

If anything it would be respectful to inform those who post why their threads are being deleted...mine appear to be targetted all the time
    Info sharing should have no boundaries ...it is in the interest of independent CMs to know what is happening in the sector and make Individual choices of what is important to input in.

Sad day for freedom of speech and freedom of information .

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Simona View Post
    the ones about C H A N G E etc usually are starred but members can find them if they wish...we know the reason behind this so I can' t buy that petitions are not allowed.

I myself posted the Millie's Trust petitiion about First Aid for all ...that was not deleted
    This particular petition about needless paperwork was not 'moved' but deleted ...it is in our interests to look at what is going on outside and join in.

If anything it would be respectful to inform those who post why their threads are being deleted...mine appear to be targetted all the time
    Info sharing should have no boundaries ...it is in the interest of independent CMs to know what is happening in the sector and make Individual choices of what is important to input in.

With respect Simona why would I lie?

it is in a folder waiting to be checked by the forum owners... I am sure a decision will be made shortly.

15. Likes rickysmiths, bunyip liked this post
    Simona Guest

Quote Originally Posted by sarah707 View Post
    With respect Simona why would I lie?

it is in a folder waiting to be checked by the forum owners... I am sure a decision will be made shortly.
    Thank you for the explanation Sarah...I said it was deleted because it was not 'visible' any more and I could not find it anywhere else...you said 'removed'...not sure of the difference but I see the post has been reinstated.

I did send a private message a few days ago and all it needed was a quick reply to be told 'we have temporarily removed' the thread.

Nov 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Simona View Post

Tbf there is an item in the forum rules to the effect that members must seek permission before posting petitions. I'm kinda guessing you've read the forum rules since you so love to quote your favourite edited highlights at some of us lesser members.

If anything it would be respectful to inform those who post why their threads are being deleted..
    I'd have thought the lovely admin team, whom you might have the decency to remember give a lot of their time to support the continued success of the forum, have quite enough to do without having to give justification for applying the rules. Maybe they're so busy they even missed the Millie's Trust one? Maybe it's just that you like to quote some of the rules whilst forgetting the more inconvenient ones.

Anyway, that's why I never bothered to post a link to my petition which petitioned against the petitioning of all petitions.....ever. Sorry, I just like typing the word "petition" because I get to slip the word "t1t" in the middle without it being auto-deleted, so don't bother to point out the obvious.

Sad day for freedom of speech and freedom of information
    Always one for the subtle understatement, eh? But personally I'm not sure this is a major threat to freedom of speech and freedom of information, human rights, the continued existence of the species, etc. but I'm bring it up at my next Amnesty International meeting. You never know, they might even organise a petition in support.

Info sharing should have no boundaries ...
    Err.............. isn't this is the same argument used by Shami Chakrabarti and her sorry lot at Liberty for decades of supporting The Paedophile Information Exchange? But then we wouldn't want to criticise the freedom of speech movement now, would we?

mine appear to be targetted [sic] all the time
    Any possibility there might be a lesson in that? If I end up on the naughty step enough times (don't laugh, Mrs Bunyip sends me there on a regular basis ), don't I start to ask myself why? Or is it just the Joseph Heller thing, "'Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they aren't after you." ?

Btw, if anybody wants to see the original thread on "Needless Paperwork" I have a copy somewhere that I printed off. I've a suspicion it's buried beneath a pile of LJ's, parent questionnaires, consent forms, fridge temperature check records, NMRU receipts, and letters to my LA about the iniquities of EY funding schemes.

My personal opinion only (of course. )

18. Likes shortstuff liked this post
    Simona Guest

Quote Originally Posted by bunyip View Post
    Tbf there is an item in the forum rules to the effect that members must seek permission before posting petitions. I'm kinda guessing you've read the forum rules since you so love to quote your favourite edited highlights at some of us lesser members.

I'd have thought the lovely admin team, whom you might have the decency to remember give a lot of their time to support the continued success of the forum, have quite enough to do without having to give justification for applying the rules. Maybe they're so busy they even missed the Millie's Trust one? Maybe it's just that you like to quote some of the rules whilst forgetting the more inconvenient ones.

Anyway, that's why I never bothered to post a link to my petition which petitioned against the petitioning of all petitions.....ever. Sorry, I just like typing the word "petition" because I get to slip the word "t1t" in the middle without it being auto-deleted, so don't bother to point out the obvious.

Always one for the subtle understatement, eh? But personally I'm not sure this is a major threat to freedom of speech and freedom of information, human rights, the continued existence of the species, etc. but I'm bring it up at my next Amnesty International meeting. You never know, they might even organise a petition in support.

Err.............. isn't this is the same argument used by Shami Chakrabarti and her sorry lot at Liberty for decades of supporting The Paedophile Information Exchange? But then we wouldn't want to criticise the freedom of speech movement now, would we?

Any possibility there might be a lesson in that? If I end up on the naughty step enough times (don't laugh, Mrs Bunyip sends me there on a regular basis ), don't I start to ask myself why? Or is it just the Joseph Heller thing, "'Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they aren't after you." ?

Btw, if anybody wants to see the original thread on "Needless Paperwork" I have a copy somewhere that I printed off. I've a suspicion it's buried beneath a pile of LJ's, parent questionnaires, consent forms, fridge temperature check records, NMRU receipts, and letters to my LA about the iniquities of EY funding schemes.

My personal opinion only (of course. )
    Thank you for your input Bunyip which I had expected.

My understanding is that we can post petitions but have to accept that some may be starred so up to us to research the full link.
    If this has changed then I am not aware of it.
    As mentioned this discussion is on LinkedIn and I thought members may want to input into it so I shared it so we could exchange our experience.

As you read I did approach admin for a reason to the disappearance in a polite manner....I received a reply then the thread reappeared....there is no reason on your part to be personal and mentioning the unnecessary.