funding :-(
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  5
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: funding :-(

Post Thanks / Like

The government really don't understand the concept that some women have children because they want to nurture and love them and spend as much time as possible with them even if it means scrimping by with just one parent working for a few years. For those families without that luxury and both parents need to work they may want their precious babies to go to a likeminded person who will do their best to provide a similar experience to the one Mum is reluctantly unable to give. I'm speaking from my own experience as a Mum and it would have been my worst nightmare to put my children in a big institution (nursery / school) at such a young age.

Registered Childminder since
    Pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kirstylob View Post
    My DO recently told us at a training session that all newly registered CM's could offer funding as soon as they has their certificate, didn't even have to have their first graded inspection! Maybe that's just my area.
    This is the same in east cambridgeshire, the only thing they say is they try inspect you earlier rather than possibly waiting the full 30 months for first inspection, however if you are then graded below good you can not take on any more funded children until you get good/satisfactory.

Simona Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Ripeberry View Post
    The face of childcare is changing for the worst
    I share that feeling with you...childcare is becoming unrecognisable.
    Not only childcare but the whole thinking is wrong, when the 'childcare market' is all that matters we are heading for a disaster, when parents are denied the right to stay at home and care for their children for just 2 years before they are put in schools
    I haven't heard many complain though.

And I fear it will get even more ugly now the govt has no restrains and can do as it pleases....I fear what Ofsted will now do together with DfE...the first 100 days of this govt will be telling.

Providers have raised concerns about children's well being and the length of hours they are now in institutions for a very long time ...nurseries will now expand without any problems as the planning laws have been eased and preschools will struggle to offer 30 hrs because their premises won't be able to open all hours.
    Cms will see children shifting to nurseries who do wraparound care and holiday schemes and create strong links with schools...we need to raise our concerns at this, we can't sit and watch.

Schools will have to stay open all day just as Gove wanted, school holidays may be reduced...sounds impossible but I think it will be pushed.

we really need to educate the parents....those who in the past have moaned childcare is too expensive without allowing themselves to admit we fund it for them and this govt has doubled our costs
    Parents will be very disappointed when they ask for 30 hrs and providers will be unable to offer them.

I have spoken to many who cannot see how they can give double the hours at the current rate of funding or how they will accommodate all the parents to get what they 'think' is free.
    Family and Childcare Trust have just published their latest childcare survey...that will be the right push the govt needs.

I can only say that fast tracking all the changes means we have a summer of new policies to look forward to by Sept 2015...if not I will certainly chew on my many hats.
    Has anyone noticed how quiet Ofsted have been for a long time?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12