Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Simona Guest

Registered Childminder since
    Nov 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

From all I was reading on this yesterday, it is up to each LA to set how they want to approach it in their area, what tools they want to use, what meeting(s) to recommend etc.

Actually, it is up to the LA whether they introduce these joint 2yr childcare/health chacks AT ALL- it is OPTIONAL!

So, yet again, it is all up to local LA to do it their own way. With the lack of LA support to CM and EY, and the lack of EY staff in LA nowadays, I wonder how/who/if/when this is going to happen at all.

Will wait to see.

Simona Guest

Quote Originally Posted by moggy View Post
    From all I was reading on this yesterday, it is up to each LA to set how they want to approach it in their area, what tools they want to use, what meeting(s) to recommend etc.

Actually, it is up to the LA whether they introduce these joint 2yr childcare/health chacks AT ALL- it is OPTIONAL!

So, yet again, it is all up to local LA to do it their own way. With the lack of LA support to CM and EY, and the lack of EY staff in LA nowadays, I wonder how/who/if/when this is going to happen at all.

Will wait to see.
    In the pilots those who participated ...5 settings and 5 LAs....were allowed to develop their own model....something the DfE is very fond of...'different models' as in Cms agencies.

No point in speculating what will happen but we will have to wait... as you say...when we start saying 'in my LA we can do this but the one next door does that'....152 variations on the theme

Reading the report I think that will be the least of the problems considering the input, commitment, time, cost, organization, IT challenges, training, delivery, knowledge of child development and clinical judgement required for what...in effect...should have been in place a long time ago and which will bring to the surface the inadequate training, lack of integrated working and air the problem we have had for a long time...being taken seriously by other professionals and the waste of time the Progress Check has appeared to be so far in some LAs when no one has taken notice of the contents.

Something makes me think the EYFS 2008 and related DCSF policies should have been kept by those who reformed the EYFS in 2012

I hope the IR works and wish this every success...for the sake of the children it is designed to help and support.