crying one year old
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Oct 13
    Post Thanks / Like

Default crying one year old

Help! We have a one year old girl three days a week from 8 am - 5 pm. As soon as she arrives she cries, no screams, all day, except for eating and sleeping, and in the buggy, (when its moving).

She wants 1:1 attention at all times, but still cries randomly. There is no interest in any toys and we can only stimulate her for a few minutes and she screams again. We have tried singing, peep-po games, musical toys, playing with her, with children, without children. Nothing seems to pacify her and she doesn't seem to be teething. Mum says that she does cry at home. (surely not all day).

Please help for our sanity!!!!

Apr,14
    Post Thanks / Like

Have you asked mum how she soothes her at home? There might be a special way she holds her, or a favourite toy (or dummy) which is being left at home.

Do you think some photos of mum/dad etc to look through together might help?

Probably not much help but didn't want to read and run x

Dec 87
    Post Thanks / Like

How long has she been with you? You could be talking about my lo because you describe her perfectly! Mine only comes one day a week so her parents and I knew it would be hard and it was (and from 7.45 - 5.15). Tried everything you have said and nothing worked and boy was it hard! Used to actually dread her coming and was really sad about it because mum and dad are lovely and I could see she would be too. It took 2 months and then practically over night she changed, don't think I did anything any different it seemed that suddenly something clicked with her and now she is happy and plays and the crying (screaming) has stopped. This only happened two weeks ago so I feel your pain. All I can advise is to hang in there and it will get better by a mile and then it's great and you will be glad you stuck it out. I have had this with a couple of children over the years and they all ended up to be brilliant kids in the finish. Hope it works for you as well.