Right.... Early years educator?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi I've been childminding for nearly 2 years now. I don't have my level 3. Will I need it soon? I'm getting worried about this. I've tried looking for courses for the new early years educator but can't seem to find any? Can anyone help me please. TIA
    Last edited by bunnyjess; 04-09-2014 at 02:01 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone please?

Registered Childminder since
    may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bunnyjess View Post
    Anyone please?
    Could you phone local colleges in your area or speak to someone at your Local Authority - I have just looked through my local training booklet to see if any courses in my area (obviously no good for you) but it seems they aren't running any currently although several childminders in my town are doing theirs and have managed to get a loan to pay for it.

I don't think it came in as law that all childminders or pre-school employees had to be level 3 qualified - I know it was discussed at length last year with the "More Great childcare and more affordable childcare" discussions - so I wouldn't worry too much about not being qualified yet.

Not sure if there are any on-line courses or distance learning courses you could do instead?

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you hectors house. I'll look into it more. My early years advisor is not helpful at all

Simona Guest

HH...you are right ...The DfE does not want cms to be qualified at Level 3 despite the Nutbrown review which recommended it
    It was due to come in as compulsory in 2015 but that got thrown out by this govt

Bunnyjess...the EYE is now current and many providers will not start delivering it until October so you may still be in time to enrol if you want to
    As advised you could ring your LA...if they are helpful...or contact a college near you

Are you a member of any associations?...they will deliver EYE...PLA give a 20% discount to members for instance, pacey will do it as will Parenta
    You would need to fund it yourself or get a loan which you would repay only when you earn £21,000
    If you are under 24 it is free and fully subsidised

Hope it helps but in answer to your OP ...no it is not compulsory