Feeling excied!
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Feeling excied!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Feeling excied!

I everyone. So I finally got my certificate on Monday and I have just rung a mum from toddler group who was interested in me taking her little girl. No answer so left a message! Also have a couple more to contact. I am excited to get started but a bit scared about the EYFS even though I have read it over and over and been to a workshop run by the council.

I just have a quick question about numbers. Now I gave 3 of my own, 6, 4 and 2. My 4 year old starts school on the 8th September. I have seen someone mention that they must have done 10 full days before they are classed as rising 5. Have I understood this right?

Thank you.

Registered Childminder since
    Jan 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

They need to be attending full time (ie 5 mornings + 5 afternoons = 10 sessions.) So if your child is doing a staggered start to school (ie the first week just going for the mornings, then the 2nd week going for mornings and for lunch, then from the 3rd week staying for the whole school day) then you would only be able to count them as a 'rising 5' from the first day of full time school. I hope I've explained that ok! x

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, that's right. A child has to be in full time school before they count as a rising 5. So until Sept 8th you will only have 1 early years space.

As things stand at the moment you could take on one EYs child & 2 over 5s, giving you a total of 6 under 8s. One word of warning though. If you took on that number of children now and your daughter then moved into the over 5s age bracket, you wouldn't then be able to take on another EYs child as you will already have your maximum of 6 under 8 (2 Eys and 4 over 5s).

You'd be best taking on 1 EYs child and one over 5 now. Then when your daughter starts full time school you could take on another EYs child.

4. Likes FussyElmo liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh ok that makes sense now. She is only doing 2 mornings then starts full days so that's good. The lady who wants me to take her little girl also wants me to pick up her little boy from pre school but I have explained to her about numbers so hopefully she can hold on for a little longer!

Thank you for explaining it. I just don't seem to be able to get my head around it. I have written it all down in my diary with names and ages so I don't go wrong!