Likes Likes:  11
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Whoopy

Registered Childminder since
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Whoopy

Received this today x

Noel Quinn and Childminder Agency Trials
    As per our previous e-mail to all childminders and other professional colleagues last week we have come to the decision to withdraw from the Childminder Agency Trials with the DfE. There have been a number of factors influencing our decision and we have debated long and hard about this but feel that as a company we need to continue to focus on how we can support our Devon childminders within the context and priorities of the contract we have with DCC, but also with a longer term view on how we might support childminders in the future. We don’t feel that the agency route is the most relevant at this stage and this is not to say that it won’t be at some point in the future but we do need to be mindful of using our resources in the most cost-effective way.

We believe that Childminder Agency models will be developed over time (as they are now on the statute) and we would welcome involvement in the future. However, at this moment in time we cannot commit any further resources to the project until and unless we can see it as part of a more strategic, national approach to the development with tangible benefit to all childminders.

We will continue to work with partner organisations and childminders to ensure the sustainability of support for childminders in the future.

2. Likes Becci26, VeggieSausage, SYLVIA, sarah707 liked this post
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Oh dear how sad
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

4. Likes VeggieSausage, bunyip liked this post
    aug 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

Oops they realised like do many they won't make money.

Simona Guest

I wonder what Noel Quinn know that we don't?

Post Thanks / Like

It sounds to me look they've just put it on the back burner for now, my worry now is that this will happen with more set ups and the government will have to make it compulsory for us to join to make it viable x the fight for independence continues!

Sept 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by watford wizz View Post

We believe that Childminder Agency models will be developed over time (as they are now on the statute) and we would welcome involvement in the future. However, at this moment in time we cannot commit any further resources to the project until and unless we can see it as part of a more strategic, national approach to the development with tangible benefit to all childminders.
    I might be reading into it too much but I find this bit particularly interesting.....basically no one really knows what agencies are going to look like at the moment, there's limited guidance/direction coming from the powers that be and they don't think childminders will want to join as there doesn't appear to be any benefit in doing so hence they're not committing to anything for the time being until those in charge get their act together.....or am I getting ahead of myself?!

9. Likes VeggieSausage liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I find it encouraging that an established, experienced consultancy firm, that is in the perfect position to set up a childminding agency, doesn't feel it's worth doing. If they can't see any potential in it, what hope have newly formed agencies or nurseries etc, without experience, got? I'm hoping that come September, agencies will be few and far between.

Noel Quinn say they won't be interested unless agencies can benefit ALL childminders. I don't know whether that means they want a different approach (not the agency route) that all childminders can benefit from, while staying independent...or whether they'd be more interested if agencies became compulsory.

Whatever happens next, this has got to be good news for now

11. Likes VeggieSausage liked this post
    Nov 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Never mind. I'm sure Group4 will find it right down their profitable street.

13. Likes primula, tulip0803 liked this post
    Simona Guest

Quote Originally Posted by bunyip View Post
    Never mind. I'm sure Group4 will find it right down their profitable street.
    I could add a few more ...G4S...SERCO ...and some rich individuals already getting their greedy hands our NHS !

15. Likes tulip0803 liked this post
    sept 90
    Post Thanks / Like

There is no news from my LA about agencies in our borough so far,I thought there would be some info about them, leaving it a bit late? I maybe a bit dim but does every LA have to have them? are they compulsory? They will probably get the children's centre to implement them?

Simona Guest

Quote Originally Posted by primula View Post
    There is no news from my LA about agencies in our borough so far,I thought there would be some info about them, leaving it a bit late? I maybe a bit dim but does every LA have to have them? are they compulsory? They will probably get the children's centre to implement them?
    Why are you waiting for your LA to give you answers?
    Is your LA in the trial pilots for agencies which started with 20 but has now reduced as a few have hopped out??

The pilots have also been evaluated by an independent body and very important CMs get feedback from those...so I hope the representing associations will start asking questions soon as it is very quiet on that score...!

I am sure LAs are waiting for the outcome as well ...agencies will spring up in many shapes and forms though ....because there is no established model...or at least that is what is out there for us to gather info from

No agencies.... are not compulsory...they will be set up where there is interest by whoever has the money to invest as there is no funding for agencies

Unless you are considering joining one...which I would strongly advise you against....keep working, keep registered with Ofsted and look out for how to get on as an independent CM by looking for the support you need to stay so to match what an agency CM will get from them