OFSTED statistics show a drop in providers including CMs
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Simona Guest

Default OFSTED statistics show a drop in providers including CMs

Post Thanks / Like

No surprise there is there? Do you think it might help the penny drop? I just posted a link to this article on the DfE FB under the Agencies recruitment thread as the stats bear out what everyone has said. Loads of comments on there about CMs giving up.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not surprised, but I am very. Sad about this.

I am relatively lucky, as in my area we have a very good network coordinator, but I really feel without her, a lot of CMs would have been lost. Having worked in nurseries and childrens centres, I know without a doubt, my quality of care, is ten times better than what those settings offer. It's a shame for those children missing out! X

Registered Childminder since
    Apr 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

its really not surprising at all and very sad.

Simona Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebell View Post
    its really not surprising at all and very sad.
    My view is that neither Ofsted, or DfE or Truss can be surprised that the negative way cms are being addressed is causing a negative result due to their flawed policies.

However, the statistics do show a drop in 'registered cms' but they do not show how many 'CMs assistants' are in the system and not quantified or classified as CMs...something that PLA in its response has rightly addressed and requested figures on.

lets see what the figures say when PLA gets a reply

Registered Childminder since
    Jul 10
    Post Thanks / Like

It's not surprising and it's only going to get worse once agencies come into effect. When I started minding I was sure that I would be doing this job until I retired, however, now I'm not sure what I'll be doing this time next year.