Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Recriutment agencies

Found via DfE website:

http://www.rec.uk.com/press/news/2421

Post Thanks / Like

http://www.rec.uk.com/regions-sectors/sectors/Childcare

More ^

Apologies for brief posts - too busy to expand, will do later on...

Post Thanks / Like

I have just added my comment to the thread on the DfE's FB page, along with many other Childminders.

https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbi...ser=1390153161

Registered Childminder since
    apr 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    'good'
    Post Thanks / Like

I have put my comments on too

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Simona Guest

I won't be able to add my comment as it is on FB but I wonder if anyone shares my concerns over agencies???

I think we are worrying about agencies an awful lot and in the wrong way...or at least attacking the problem from the wrong angle? this is my view of course

yes they are a worry,
    no ....we do not want them nor is there any evidence they will work,
    no evidence they will lower the cost of childcare to parents
    no evidence they will raise quality in their CMs
    plenty of evidence they will cost CMs a lot of money due to the fact they are 'self-funding' and will need to make a profit
    there is a lot of confusion on the models and who runs them and their expertise
    there is little mention that the children will benefit from being with a CM in an agency
    there are Safeguarding concerns
    there is confusion about whether new CMs need to register with an agency or not
    there is contradiction on whether agencies will be for CMs who need a lot of help or will they want higher graded CMs
    how will those LAs who are an agency support one group of CMs but not the other?

there is confusion on what kind of burdens they will reduce for CMs...if any....please clarify if you feel this is clear to you
    it is, so far, very clear that the overwhelming majority of CMs will not join an agency...some may want to trial them but that is it so far...just out of curiosity and being kept informed

so ....my question is...why are we constantly asking questions about them instead of asking DfE, Ofsted and Truss why independent CMs are not the priority but something that is not even a concrete plan is??

why are we allowing DfE, Ofsted and Truss to put independent CMs on the back burner?

I have personally stated from the start that agencies are coming...the trials may go wrong but so far agencies are in the making...maybe the Lords will succeed in making the right amendements and if ALL CMs need to be inspected the whole agency bubble would burst?

I have always believed that there is nothing we can do to stop them as Truss and Ofsted need the idea to be seen to work...will it work?
    will those who join endorse them?
    but as long as agencies do not put 'barriers' in CMs' way then we may have to learn to live side by side...can we?...how?

This is where we should concentrate our efforts...at the moment agencies are not a threat to us but what is a threat is the fact independent CMs appear to have been left to their own devices, with little support from LAs who are themselves unsure what to do in future
    Wherever I go, whichever meeting I attend, I always hear about agencies and not enough about those who wish to continue operating independently

I would like to see a petition asking for Independent CMs to take priority over agencies and for I/CMs to be the focus because we are here and operating and looking after real children not the potential families agencies wish to attract with their pull on parents and false promises....agencies are still pie in the sky

lets concentrate on the reality.....I am sure many will not agree but as stated this is my view, does anyone share it?
    Last edited by Simona; 25-10-2013 at 09:01 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Simona View Post
    I won't be able to add my comment as it is on FB but I wonder if anyone shares my concerns over agencies???

I think we are worrying about agencies an awful lot and in the wrong way...or at least attacking the problem from the wrong angle? this is my view of course

yes they are a worry,
    no ....we do not want them nor is there any evidence they will work,
    no evidence they will lower the cost of childcare to parents
    no evidence they will raise quality in their CMs
    plenty of evidence they will cost CMs a lot of money due to the fact they are 'self-funding' and will need to make a profit
    there is a lot of confusion on the models and who runs them and their expertise
    there is little mention that the children will benefit from being with a CM in an agency
    there are Safeguarding concerns
    there is confusion about whether new CMs need to register with an agency or not
    there is contradiction on whether agencies will be for CMs who need a lot of help or will they want higher graded CMs
    how will those LAs who are an agency support one group of CMs but not the other?

there is confusion on what kind of burdens they will reduce for CMs...if any....please clarify if you feel this is clear to you
    it is, so far, very clear that the overwhelming majority of CMs will not join an agency...some may want to trial them but that is it so far...just out of curiosity and being kept informed

so ....my question is...why are we constantly asking questions about them instead of asking DfE, Ofsted and Truss why independent CMs are not the priority but something that is not even a concrete plan is??

why are we allowing DfE, Ofsted and Truss to put independent CMs on the back burner?

I have personally stated from the start that agencies are coming...the trials may go wrong but so far agencies are in the making...maybe the Lords will succeed in making the right amendements and if ALL CMs need to be inspected the whole agency bubble would burst?

I have always believed that there is nothing we can do to stop them as Truss and Ofsted need the idea to be seen to work...will it work?
    will those who join endorse them?
    but as long as agencies do not put 'barriers' in CMs' way then we may have to learn to live side by side...can we?...how?

This is where we should concentrate our efforts...at the moment agencies are not a threat to us but what is a threat is the fact independent CMs appear to have been left to their own devices, with little support from LAs who are themselves unsure what to do in future
    Wherever I go, whichever meeting I attend, I always hear about agencies and not enough about those who wish to continue operating independently

I would like to see a petition asking for Independent CMs to take priority over agencies and for I/CMs to be the focus because we are here and operating and looking after real children not the potential families agencies wish to attract with their pull on parents and false promises....agencies are still pie in the sky

lets concentrate on the reality.....I am sure many will not agree but as stated this is my view, does anyone share it?
    Simona - why not join FB temporarily just to post on there? or I am happy to cut and paste from here or a DM on your behalf if you would like me to. :-)

There are lots of us writing impassioned and very articulate comments on their thread - no support for Agencies so far.

Simona Guest

Quote Originally Posted by SammySplodger View Post
    Simona - why not join FB temporarily just to post on there? or I am happy to cut and paste from here or a DM on your behalf if you would like me to. :-)

There are lots of us writing impassioned and very articulate comments on their thread - no support for Agencies so far.
    Thank you for the offer Sammy...I appreciate it but I do not want to join FB or have a comment posted there...it was good to read a few so thank you for the link
    I am sure the comments are very articulate like those posted initially on the C&F Bill when we had the opportunity to do so

I prefer to comment/write/argue/discuss directly with those I feel should be doing something and... some are in agreement... that the emphasis has to be on ICMs and not constantly on agencies

aug 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

Just added my views. And when ET says how will we support yourselves we can show her this site. Also the support on fb. My herts fb page is great for county issues.

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Bumping.

Lets get as many comments as we can on this please everyone
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FussyElmo View Post
    Bumping.

Lets get as many comments as we can on this please everyone
    Thank you - I keep bumping on FB too!
    x

Post Thanks / Like

They have posted to say they are reading the comments with interest...