OFSTED gets tough on teaching, safeguarding and safety
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  5
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Simona Guest

Default OFSTED gets tough on teaching, safeguarding and safety

What inspectors will look for from Nov 2013....teaching is something we discussed in another thread

Glad to hear there will be a consultation on it

Ofsted gets tough on teaching, safeguarding and safety | Nursery World

Registered Childminder since
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

A consultation will be a waste of time if they fail to listen to the results - as they have ignored every other consultation so far

We already teach - we already have safeguarding embedded in our practices - we already keep children safe and healthy - so we will be fine!

I am wading through the documents for an e-book I am writing and I haven't seen anything scary yet

3. Likes Rick, hectors house, rickysmiths liked this post
    Simona Guest

Quote Originally Posted by sarah707 View Post
    A consultation will be a waste of time if they fail to listen to the results - as they have ignored every other consultation so far

We already teach - we already have safeguarding embedded in our practices - we already keep children safe and healthy - so we will be fine!

I am wading through the documents for an e-book I am writing and I haven't seen anything scary yet
    Yes we do already teach, always have and do all the things to keep children safe but in the past Ofsted have put too much stress on 'paperwork' in my view while ignoring what our practice is really about: teaching and getting children to achieve

I look forward to the consultation. I am in a way happy if the inspection report will in future focus mainly on teaching there may be a change is perception of what we do and how parents see us.

I feel this is positive step not scary at all, I feel the new framework is more clear on what the aims are...only time will tell when we get to see the first reports in November

Registered Childminder since
    Nov 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Over the years I have been part of several consultations where changes have been made based on the consultation results so I always take part - the worst thing that can happen is that the government report that only a few people responded - the % response is always taken into account.

So.. If there is a consultation .. All childminders on this forum should respond .. Only then will voices be heard .. Like in the ratio debate.

And only then can we moan if we feel they have not listened.

From what I can see the proposals are not much different to what most childminders already do - but the data in our county does not look good in the area of OfSTED grading and I know of several other areas that have a significant amount of below good grading - this is why the government feel they need to focus on quality.

This forum is doing loads towards helping childminders improve their practise and most who post do not need this interference to ensure good quality childcare is happening.

Wow, its Friday night I am still debating the government initiatives ... Where's the red wine!!!

6. Likes N/A, Ripeberry liked this post