Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Facebook

Registered Childminder since
    Sept 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Very good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sarah707 View Post

The first few days were a bit dodgy - we set it up - we watched and saw how it was going - we put very strict boundaries in place - we brought more moderators on board - we are very proactive now.

Why people can't just skim past things they don't like and focus on the positives of the group is beyond me.

We honestly can't win
    This is what I do so maybe that's why I never notice the negative posts?

As for the rest of you post I'm afraid as always it's a case of, you're damned if you do and you're damned if you don't!!!

2. Likes Rick, Chimps Childminding liked this post
    Oct 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD! Hurrah
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

With more than 3000 different opinions it's not possible to please everyone. Perhaps we just need to remember that when we get the odd negative comment and not get upset

4. Likes Richard liked this post
    Sept 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Very good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MTK007 View Post
    With more than 3000 different opinions it's not possible to please everyone. Perhaps we just need to remember that when we get the odd negative comment and not get upset
    I agree, everyone sees written text differently, what can be funny and light hearted to one can seem cold and callous to another, it's a really difficult medium if communication...

Aug 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good - YAY!
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree that this is true, but I do feel for Sarah 707 in that it seems she was named personally. I'm glad that prompt action was taken to stop the thread, and glad too at the number of members on here who have spoken out in her defence, I'd like to add my name to that list, I'd defend Sarah and all the mods, what they do is a key element of what makes this forum worth being a part of! Cheers to you all and long may we continue to chat, debate, have opinions and argue. Now, when's the next party? :-D

7. Likes Rick, Chimps Childminding liked this post
    Oct 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD! Hurrah
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MessybutHappy View Post
    I agree that this is true, but I do feel for Sarah 707 in that it seems she was named personally. I'm glad that prompt action was taken to stop the thread, and glad too at the number of members on here who have spoken out in her defence, I'd like to add my name to that list, I'd defend Sarah and all the mods, what they do is a key element of what makes this forum worth being a part of! Cheers to you all and long may we continue to chat, debate, have opinions and argue. Now, when's the next party? :-D
    It was ridiculous. Probably just an ignorant person who doesn't appreciate our Sarah the way way we do! We don't let it affect us though. Let's continue to chat, debate and share good practice! Oh and that sounds like an invitation.....everyone round Messy's house...there's just the 25,000 of us

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MessybutHappy View Post

Party did I hear the word party.

I echo what everyone else is saying fb is a wonderful medium used correctly. However there is a small majority which forget its a fish bowl which everyone can see in it.

People think its safe and post anything im not saying our page is brilliant and we do get posts which get out of hand and we miss them. But compared to some pages - I cringe when I see the posts.

The forum is the best place to come for advice for its community. I betting sarah has had lots of support from you guys today. Though bunyip we need to have words again about calling another moderator gorgeous. We are trying very hard to get the same sort of atmosphere on the fb page :-D

Lastly everyone if you do see a post which makes you cringe tag or message admin their names are at the top of the member list. Like you would press the report button on here.
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

mar06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

I have been on the fb page over weekend as been busy so didn't see it but I'm a regular and post and comment and Sarah you are NOT going anywhere and that's And that's an order
    You have been and still are as well as many other on here and the fb group such a help and the positive sharing of Info and sharing paperwork has been a Hugh Hugh life saver for me and many others
    Please everyone keep up the good work and don't let this silly things ruin it for us x

Aug 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good - YAY!
    Post Thanks / Like

It was ridiculous. Probably just an ignorant person who doesn't appreciate our Sarah the way way we do! We don't let it affect us though. Let's continue to chat, debate and share good practice! Oh and that sounds like an invitation.....everyone round Messy's house...there's just the 25,000 of us
    Oops, did I miss "online" in my post?! Sorry folks, but I'm in holiday and living up to my name!!! Not having parents in each morning means I can slob out with no guilt! I'm very happy but my house is very very messy and defo not partyable in!!!

Aug 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good - YAY!
    Post Thanks / Like

MTK007's drive however looks very spacious & uncluttered....room for a bbq, stage for the dancers...and with a youngster I'm sure he'd be pleased not too have to travel?!!!!
    :-D

13. Likes Rick, hectors house liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I came off as I felt patronised and bullied,I have come off a few pages about Childminding as it turns out the same every time.
    Alyson x

Nov 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Very Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I didn't know about the fb group - liked the childninding page but never thought to search for a group - will have a wee look! Xx

Oct 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD! Hurrah
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by barbarella68 View Post
    I came off as I felt patronised and bullied,I have come off a few pages about Childminding as it turns out the same every time.
    I'm sorry to hear that. There is so much good info and sharing though that might be worth putting up with the occasional opinionated post. We can't over-sensor people but we do step in if it goes too far. We have helped so many people on our FB group, people who give out wrong information that they believe to be correct (mainly ratios connected!) and we put right.

But of course if FB isn't for you, then please carry on using the forum. We are still committed to keeping the forum the way you want it

Simona Guest

Personally I feel it is unpleasant and I am disgusted that some people can go on a medium and bully others for no reason whatsoever other than cause trouble and cause them to feel threatened/bullied/patronised

I hope you have the means to ban them...or are they devious enough to come back under a different name?
    I am so pleased I am not on FB...I have seen and heard enough

18. Likes hectors house liked this post
    Oct 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD! Hurrah
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Simona View Post
    Personally I feel it is unpleasant and I am disgusted that some people can go on a medium and bully others for no reason whatsoever other than cause trouble and cause them to feel threatened/bullied/patronised

I hope you have the means to ban them...or are they devious enough to come back under a different name?
    Yes we can ban people (and have done so) and obviously we don't tolerate threatening or demeaning behaviour. If someone kept coming back with a different name they would need a lot of accounts. We go through every request to join in detail, checking what groups they are in, have they got any friends (have they just made up an account) etc.

You do a lot of good work for the forum so please carry on doing that, we respect your decision not to be on the FB group.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Simona View Post

I love Facebook, but agree that it's not for everyone.

As in every walk of life there are people who think they know better than everyone else & like to let the world know! The knack is to ignore them & concentrate on the people who you do want to hear from.

I have several real life friends blocked. Not completely, just their constant status updates, always moaning about something or other. Rather than get upset or annoyed about it, I change my account settings so I don't have to read them all!

There is a lot of good on Facebook - you just have to learn to ignore what you don't like & not take it too seriously!

21. Likes Rick, sarah707 liked this post
    Oct 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD! Hurrah
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    I love Facebook, but agree that it's not for everyone.

As in every walk of life there are people who think they know better than everyone else & like to let the world know! The knack is to ignore them & concentrate on the people who you do want to hear from.

I have several real life friends blocked. Not completely, just their constant status updates, always moaning about something or other. Rather than get upset or annoyed about it, I change my account settings so I don't have to read them all!

There is a lot of good on Facebook - you just have to learn to ignore what you don't like & not take it too seriously!
    That's a better answer than mine

mar06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

Agree with above

aug 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh Sarah I don't want you to leave. Sorry I started this I will keep on it but as others have said here is more private. When I think about it fb is often a place where people often post things that they could regret later. I can often go for days without fb but it is difficult to not be on here way too often.

25. Likes sarah707 liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I love this forum and am so grateful because I promise you I wouldn't be where I am today without all your hard work!
    X

27. Likes Rick, bunyip liked this post
    Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I have just left the fb group tonight after the latest discussions turned quite nasty and pointless to be honest. It is a shame after all the hard work by the admins but to be honest I don't want to be associated with a group that is supposed to being supporting each other but instead of turning on each other
    Pixie Dust

29. Likes AgentTink liked this post

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast