Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  7
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default @home childcare releases costs on website to get their on-going support

@home childcare has now released it fee's which i assume they will be charging for their part of their pilot that they are doing for the government. They are not offering the full agency criteria yet as you would still need to be individually inspected by ofsted and there is no talk of getting you clients.

£40 a month for
    SAM also provides the following:

• Regular SAM contact via home visits, email, telephone and peer group meetings,
    • EYFS training & support
    • Ofsted compliance support
    • Business support such as HMRC compliance, marketing, book keeping and finance
    • Parental engagement and support
    • Career progression advice
    • And, simply, being a listening ear when you need someone to be around

@Home Childcare - Support, Advice & Mentoring (SAM)

There is also packages for new childminders, which includes CYPOP5 and other such support
    Option 1 £599
    or
    Option 2 £299 (however introductory offer of £199) as long as you obtain funding from the government to do a Level 2/3 with them (this is where they make their money)

@Home Childcare - How Much Does It Cost?

Jan 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

£40 a month and they offer 'help'. I thought the idea was that they did everything bar looking after the children. A lot of money for a lot of rubbish.

Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

40 pounds a month for not a lot , i thought all we had to do was look after the children
    we dont stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing

may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds just the same as we used to get for FREE from development officer before she was made redundant - I always found the forum more help anyway so guess I will carry on and stay independent.

5. Likes watgem liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

That's quite encouraging - the cms I know who I think would be interested in an agency aren't going to want to pay £40 a month for that. They're wanting to end their individual Ofsted inspections. They're not going to pay £40 a month and still have to have an inspection!

7. Likes watgem liked this post
    aug 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

£40 a month doesn't sound a lot but I feel I'd still be paying for something I don't need and not really gaining anything

Post Thanks / Like

I see the word "support" is used a lot - well I get a lot of "support" here and I don't have to pay for it

Miffy xx
    Keep smiling!

10. Likes Richard, watgem liked this post
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

£40 a month for something you get free from the forum now let think about this.............................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................er thanks but NO thanks
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

12. Likes Richard, watgem liked this post
    Simona Guest

CPD £15 pm = £180 per annum
    SAM (support + advice + mentoring)£40 pm =£480 I would call this peer-to-peer support
    Total £660

CPD+SAM as a package = £600 (save £60)

something is missing....where is the cost for training such as First Aid or Child Protection?

Have I missed it?

14. Likes watgem liked this post
    Apr 01
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Simona View Post
    CPD £15 pm = £180 per annum
    SAM (support + advice + mentoring)£40 pm =£480 I would call this peer-to-peer support
    Total £660

CPD+SAM as a package = £600 (save £60)

something is missing....where is the cost for training such as First Aid or Child Protection?

Have I missed it?
    @Home Childcare - Training & CPD

"Our training and CPD can be **funded through our Development Programme route or purchased through our Pick 'n' Mix services and paid for monthly.

Our CPD training includes:

Our CPD Training Includes
    Line - Medium
    Tick box 3 EYFS topics e.g. observations & progress checks
    Tick box 3 Practical play topics
    Tick box 3 Child Development topics
    Tick box 3 Safeguarding/Health & Safety topics
    Tick box 3 Paediatric First Aid
    Tick box 3 Food Hygiene
    Tick box 3 Childminder pre-registration training i.e. CYPOP5 (included in our Starter package) "

Hmmmm

Post Thanks / Like

I know things could and do change, but I feel that all on offer I already receive for free. I get support from my coordinator and other early years staff linked with Surestart. Support from other minders and this forum and by using groups at Surestart and joining in with them.
    My only niggle and the one thing that draws me to consider the agency is the training. Training via the tado is so spars and a big moan about all training being in the day and c/ms can't attend because of the 2hour rule even if we have assistants. But looking at the training on offer by the agency it is pretty much what I could do anyway, or don't mind paying a one of fee for rather then £40 per month every month.

I don't see any many positives to using an agency, heard they do all paperwork too allowing us to be with the child more, but isn't the paperwork part of the job? I don't mind doing it just like changing a pooy nappy, it's part of the job. Lol.

But I'm open to consider using one and be convinced they could benefit us.

Simona Guest

I missed all that but have now found it...thank you for posting it though

I have been exchanging tweets with @Home Childcare since this morning!!
    They say
    'Cms who attended the event thought the charges are fair. We are doing things differently'

They certainly are by charging cms for what can be accessed for free!

They added
    'cms in their Focus Group (they stole my logo!!) think the cost is reasonable'...do they??

Is £599 as start up fee reasonable? let me get this right ...a new cm can get a grant for £250 from the govt then pays the agency £599?

Oh ...some of their services are 'funded'...I asked who funds them but got no reply

What this agency model looks like to me is a huge NETWORK at a huge cost

I have not seen anything about a contribution to 'inspections'...has anyone?
    Last edited by Simona; 05-08-2013 at 08:36 PM.