Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Registered Childminder since
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Let the Govt know what you think about childminder agencies

The Childminding Forum is totally dedicated to supporting all childminders including those English members who want to remain independent of agencies in the future.

The Forum has been actively campaigning against them since agencies were first mentioned - sponsoring documents, encouraging letter writing campaigns, Tweeting information, hosting sections for independent childminders, starting a Facebook group and providing a range of campaign information.

We would now like to ask EVERY childminder in England who disagrees with agencies to take a few minutes out of their busy lives and send a copy of this letter to the Department for Education - either by post, email or via Twitter. If you do not like the format of the letter, then please feel free to use it as a template and write your own.

It is very important that we make our concerns about agencies and 'More Affordable Childcare' known before it is too late.

Come on guys! One big push over the summer so they know what we think about agencies before September!! Share the link with your childminder friends, on your walls and in your groups!

The letter is here - Make your concerns about the Govt's plans known!

Thank you

Post Thanks / Like

I have written to my MP, Ofsted and the DFE. I think they are counting the number of complaints in a way which makes most of them not count. Perhaps it needs "Formal complaint about planned the agencies for childminders" or some defined wording we are not allowed to know in the title. I can't believe there were not hundreds more.

So I will resend and check they are being included as formal complaints.

Anni

Simona Guest

Quote Originally Posted by 4365 View Post
    I have written to my MP, Ofsted and the DFE. I think they are counting the number of complaints in a way which makes most of them not count. Perhaps it needs "Formal complaint about planned the agencies for childminders" or some defined wording we are not allowed to know in the title. I can't believe there were not hundreds more.

Anni
    There were well over 200 comments against agencies in the Children and Families Bill when it was open to opinions....

Oct 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I've just emailed Elizabeth Truss, my local MP, DfE and David Cameron. Lets hope they take notice!

Simona Guest

Quote Originally Posted by CH1957 View Post
    I've just emailed Elizabeth Truss, my local MP, DfE and David Cameron. Lets hope they take notice!
    Make an appointment and go and see her at her surgery...take the letter with you!!

Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

will send a letter AND have shared with my local CM FB group. Thanks Sarah
    if you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got

oct 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe we sud deliver them in person.
    Dust its Fairy Dust

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 4365 View Post

Anni
    I agree, there has to be some dodgy counting going on! I definitely wrote to DFE as well as Ofsted, PM, my MP, Liz Truss and several others ! ( can't remember who now! )

i'm going to send all of mine with 'formal complaint' written all over it!

oct 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

ive just redone my letter if you would like me to post it I will ..
    Dust its Fairy Dust

Dec 00
    Post Thanks / Like

I have written to the Prime Minister, Nick Clegg, Stephen Twigg (Shadow Education Secretary), Elizabeth Truss , Dept of Ed, and my local MP. Email address's for mp's can be found on the parliamentary website, they all seem to be:
    first name.second name.mp@parliament.uk

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by babs View Post
    ive just redone my letter if you would like me to post it I will ..
    I know that members are looking for all the help they can get with letter writing Babs thank you

Oct 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, I had a reply from my local MP today, which is quite a quick response, but doesn't say anything much really.

Quote:-
    [I]Many thanks for your email and attached letter setting out your concerns about the reforms in the area of child care.

I am grateful for the detailed analysis which is very helpful. I do not think it is the Government's intention to push people into working for agencies for the very reasons that are set out in the letters you sent me.

I will though keep an eye on this area of policy, certainly now I know the strength of feeling of local childminders like yourself. I]

Simona Guest

Quote Originally Posted by CH1957 View Post
    Well, I had a reply from my local MP today, which is quite a quick response, but doesn't say anything much really.

Quote:-
    [I]Many thanks for your email and attached letter setting out your concerns about the reforms in the area of child care.

I am grateful for the detailed analysis which is very helpful. I do not think it is the Government's intention to push people into working for agencies for the very reasons that are set out in the letters you sent me.

I will though keep an eye on this area of policy, certainly now I know the strength of feeling of local childminders like yourself. I]
    I thought your MP was Truss....obviously not...silly of me to say take the letter to her...although I wouldn't mind if I knew where she was!
    I an getting sooo tired of this agency promotion by the govt but it is obvious cms are raising concerns...my MP emailed the same reply!

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Are we all writing our letters?? Please let us know if you have written so we can definitely say 'a LOT more than 22 have been sent!!'

Dec 02
    Post Thanks / Like

I sent one to my MP too - Phillip lee.

16. Likes sarah707 liked this post
    Dec 00
    Post Thanks / Like

Had a reply from my MP. He "appreciates the concerns" but "as this is a consultation at the moment I think we should await the outcome and the governments response before coming to a conclusion".

may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bambini2 View Post
    Had a reply from my MP. He "appreciates the concerns" but "as this is a consultation at the moment I think we should await the outcome and the governments response before coming to a conclusion".
    Yes that is his standard reply - I got that one this time and last time when I e-mailed and wrote to him about Ratios!

Dec 00
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hectors house View Post
    Yes that is his standard reply - I got that one this time and last time when I e-mailed and wrote to him about Ratios!
    Perhaps we can organize a demo outside his office.
    Not sure from his reply whether he is for or against.

Dec 00
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Another email to Mr Clegg

Hectors House thought that everyone would like to see this email. It's my 2nd to Nick Clegg, i'm still waiting for a reply to the first.

"Dear Mr Clegg,

I wrote to you recently to convey my opinion on Childminder agencies. Having read even more on the subject I am even more strongly against them. I would urge you to read the following article in Nursery World:

A model for failure? | Nursery World

Trials of agencies are now underway. Perhaps you would like to look at :
    @homechildcare.co.uk to see for yourself the true cost to childminders of belonging to an agency. £40.00 per month for support and mentoring alone, something that until recently was provided to me by Somerset County Council for free.

The Nursery World is providing a sterling service to all early years providers and yesterday i was made aware of an article highlighting a statement that you had given and that will be included in the speech "Balanced Working Life".As a childminder the words "Not award outstanding unless the availability of flexibility is high" make me want to weep. I work four days a week, often 10 hours a day. Paperwork is done in the evenings and at weekends. My fees are £4.00 per hour per child. That covers the hours the child is here not all the extra evening and weekend hours. I now realise where I have been going wrong in my business . It's quantity of hours NOT quality of care that will finally let me get the outstanding grade that I so desire.

Perhaps this policy could be rolled out to other sectors,food outlets for example. Here in Somerset there is a star rating system, 5 stars could now mean open 24 hours a day just ignore the quality of the food and rats in the kitchen..

I fear that my days as a Lib Dem voter could be over.It would seem that you have lost your way."

i wonder if I will get a reply to this one.

21. Likes N/A, hectors house liked this post
    Simona Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Bambini2 View Post
    Hectors House thought that everyone would like to see this email. It's my 2nd to Nick Clegg, i'm still waiting for a reply to the first.

"Dear Mr Clegg,

I wrote to you recently to convey my opinion on Childminder agencies. Having read even more on the subject I am even more strongly against them. I would urge you to read the following article in Nursery World:

A model for failure? | Nursery World

Trials of agencies are now underway. Perhaps you would like to look at :
    @homechildcare.co.uk to see for yourself the true cost to childminders of belonging to an agency. £40.00 per month for support and mentoring alone, something that until recently was provided to me by Somerset County Council for free.

The Nursery World is providing a sterling service to all early years providers and yesterday i was made aware of an article highlighting a statement that you had given and that will be included in the speech "Balanced Working Life".As a childminder the words "Not award outstanding unless the availability of flexibility is high" make me want to weep. I work four days a week, often 10 hours a day. Paperwork is done in the evenings and at weekends. My fees are £4.00 per hour per child. That covers the hours the child is here not all the extra evening and weekend hours. I now realise where I have been going wrong in my business . It's quantity of hours NOT quality of care that will finally let me get the outstanding grade that I so desire.

Perhaps this policy could be rolled out to other sectors,food outlets for example. Here in Somerset there is a star rating system, 5 stars could now mean open 24 hours a day just ignore the quality of the food and rats in the kitchen..

I fear that my days as a Lib Dem voter could be over.It would seem that you have lost your way."

i wonder if I will get a reply to this one.
    Brilliant...'quantity over quality'...Clegg does have something else in common with Truss...remember the ratio issue? she wanted quantity at the expense of quality...Clegg stopped her with his 'intervention'

What goes around comes around dear Lib Dem leader...someone will stop you in your tracks!

Lets get more letters like this sent to him...which makes me realise I have not as yet tweaked my original letter to him, better get going now my anger has boiled over!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast