Important message about 2,3 and 4 year old funding
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  12
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Simona Guest

Default Important message about 2,3 and 4 year old funding

CAN all cms please report if they are encountering any problems with their LAs or still be the subject of 'conditions'
    It would be useful if the LAs could be named but not compulsory.
    All LAs will rewrite their Code of Practice now and then contact cms...many will have contacted cms already
    All non network cms will get to hear how to draw the funding from September.

The DfE has published the new guidance for LAs and the funding for 2,3 and 4years olds
    http://media.education.gov.uk/assets...ce%20final.pdf

We can all interpret it any way we like but the message is clear:

1. all good/outstanding cms are now able to do the funding

2. In some LAs satisfactory cms can be used if there is a shortage

3. If you do not get any 2 year olds you can still be funded for 3 and 4 year olds

Pacey are running a survey on it so please go to Pacey Local and click on the link...takes 2 seconds

Please lets not waste this opportunity for equality...many cms have fought hard for this 'inequality' to be removed once and for all from this area of our provision.
    I know I discussed this with Truss when I met with her exactly a year ago.

Despite her lack of any knowledge in EY matters Truss has acted on this and I have already been in touch with the DfE stating the Guidance is really not clear enough and many LAs will continue to impose conditions.

Please contact your LA and find out all details and feedback if any conditions are imposed.

Registered Childminder since
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I have this morning recieved this responce, to my email, from my LA:

Thanks for your email

I appreciate that this is a worrying and quite unsettling time for all practitioners working within childcare.

We will be looking at the points you raised and in particular implications for child minders and I will be discussing them in detail with my service manager as we move forward into another period of local authority re-design. As soon as I have some response from above I will be back in touch

So no definitive answer yet, however there is discussions and as soon as i know more information i will lpost on here.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Does this mean rates will change as well from September? Or can LAs still set their own amounts?

Simona Guest

The rates remain the same but the govt is looking into introducing a 'national formula' in future.
    LAs also have to publish their formulas and we can 'compare' it to other LAs.

many cms are concerned the 2 yo funding is ok but drops too low when the children get to 3.
    This means many children will be moved from one setting to another because it will cause a sustainability problem

this we can argue against later but at the moment 'inclusion' is vital and no unacceptable conditions.

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

My network are expecting the new guidance from our LA on Wednesday so will feed back once I get it
    Debbie

May 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

just emailed my development officer but she is on annual leave so just an automated reply - I am graded good but thought I had to have level 3 and be accredited before I can offer funding?
    I love my friends who live inside my laptop xx

Simona Guest

It does not say that on the new guidance...if LAs impose these conditions we need to have it clarified
    Let us know what your EY say when you get a reply

Keep posting your experiences...thank you

may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Have just phoned my LA - I had forms back in January just as MGC hit the fan, so didn't fill them in - they are having a meeting on Wednesday about funding issues and will send me out a new form after the meeting, so will wait to see if it is any easier than the last one!

Simona Guest

Your LA should inform you 'how to draw' the funding, you should be asked to provide your bank account details as the money goes straight there ..or at least I hope that is the way all LAs do it??
    we should also do the census...in other words tell them how many children in our settings get to be funded for their records.

This usually happens the term before but the DfE has only just released the Guidance so LAs have to move fast to get funding to us by 1 Sept

Ex CM
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Non childminder member
    01/01/09
    Post Thanks / Like

My council make it so difficult to access funding that I've never bothered with it. Also I don't like the idea of working for a lower rate. I'd rather be less full than have lots of funded children and have to mess around with even more paperwork.
    Is this their plan to bring down the cost of childcare? Give out lots of childcare funding but we can't get a decent rate from it?
    Need a laugh? Visit my website: www.unclegargy.deviantART.com

Simona Guest

Ripeberry...The very reason the DfE is removing the way LAs fund now is because they have imposed too many conditions and excluded too many cms

I admit I am happy they are doing so and also many many more families will access the 15 hours via cms which they were prevented before and made their childcare more costly and also meant we lost children to preschools

I do agree with you the funding is not good to sustain our businesses but if you read MAC I think the govt is addressing this (3.34 to 3.38 page 31)

I am not rushing into doing the funding...my LA can wait a bit the same way they made me wait for inclusion for years!!

I have fought since 2009 for this equality and, despite the fact I don't trust this govt, at least something is being done to address the discrimination we have faced for a long time.

12. Likes Ripeberry liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I am with Wiltshire Council and they are brilliant we just had 2 evening courses last week on how to claim the funding.
    3 and 4 year old funding is for Satisfactory,Good and Outstanding though Satisfactory Childminders must be shown to be working towards good.Only good and Outstanding Childminders can claim for 2 year olds.
    Very helpful
    Alyson x

14. Likes N/A liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Forgot to say that we also got loads of paperwork telling us lots of facts and phone numbers of people to call if problems.
    Alyson x

feb 12
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm currently going through the process of joining the register of providers here in norfolk and restrictions still apply. I have my good, green rag and level 3 but have also had to write a business plan with financial plan/forecast! Was up till late the other night doing it and still haven't finished.
    Got my new dw coming out Wednesday to discuss it and go through it with me.
    Am I wasting my time, if things are going to change anyway?
    X

Simona Guest

Quote Originally Posted by barbarella68 View Post
    I am with Wiltshire Council and they are brilliant we just had 2 evening courses last week on how to claim the funding.
    3 and 4 year old funding is for Satisfactory,Good and Outstanding though Satisfactory Childminders must be shown to be working towards good.Only good and Outstanding Childminders can claim for 2 year olds.
    Very helpful
    I am so pleased that some LAs have seen sense and working with cms on this...well done and good to hear you get lots of info.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

We have a meeting at the end of the month - I can ask more questions then and feed back to you

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Simona View Post
    It does not say that on the new guidance...if LAs impose these conditions we need to have it clarified
    Let us know what your EY say when you get a reply

Keep posting your experiences...thank you
    Am more than happy to check with my LA.... have read through the document but cant see for looking... which is the specific clause if anyone can tell me that I can go to my LA and say 'it sais in black and white that all childminders from September graded outstanding or good can offer a funded place with no other criteria'? (or words to that effect )

Simona Guest

Quote Originally Posted by tashaleee View Post
    Am more than happy to check with my LA.... have read through the document but cant see for looking... which is the specific clause if anyone can tell me that I can go to my LA and say 'it sais in black and white that all childminders from September graded outstanding or good can offer a funded place with no other criteria'? (or words to that effect )
    Page 10 Section A3 Quality

A3.1 Providers who deliver the EYFS
    A3.2 Fund a provider based on the Ofsted judgement
    A3.3 Fund any provider Good or o's

The guidance needs to be read together with More Affordable Childcare
    Look at page 17 2.39
    page 18 2.41

Some LAs are responding, in fact have responded a while back and allowed cms to be included
    If the message is clear to some it has to be clear to all...even my LA has now realised all good/o's cms are in this

I did say straight away the guidance is not very clear but it is also NOT unclear: musts and should need to be challenged
    I am also waiting to see if Pacey step in and have asked the DfE

Post Thanks / Like

The calendar sent with my funding forms said on the bottom of it that childminders could only provide funded sessions for 3 & 4 yo if accredited with PACEY.

Miffy xx
    Keep smiling!

Simona Guest

Miffy...That is not correct...all Good/o's cms are able to do the funding from September

In fact many are already doing so ...so where is the reason for excluding the rest?
    LAs will resist this but it is truly up to each cm to fight her corner now

Please ring Pacey and see what they say or look at pacey Local...
    email the DfE ministers@education.gsi.gov.uk
    ring the DfE 0370 000 2288
    tweet to them or look them up on Facebook.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast