Parents forced to double spend on teachers' gifts
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  12
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Simona Guest

While I can imagine teachers taking a lot of the presents to car boot sales or charity shops I, somehow, cannot see them handing over a spa day or a Tiffany necklace? if true these are the gifts teachers receive

Registered Childminder since
    Jan 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I bought some boxes of the £1 celebrations! In my kids jr school, they have their house base teacher, then a dif teacher for English & maths, and then others! My eldest wanted to get 7 presents and found something on the Internet for a fiver each!!!! Errr - no!!!

I have bought my sons house base teacher a personalised notebook (£5 on eBay) as she has been great for him after his previous teachers at previous school.

xx

Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cherry View Post
    I had a brother and sister leave me Tuesday after 7 years, mother sent Granddad to collect and I didn't even get a thank you
    that's awful.
    if you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got

Sept 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Very good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cherry View Post
    I had a brother and sister leave me Tuesday after 7 years, mother sent Granddad to collect and I didn't even get a thank you
    I've got one leaving in a week, I know I won't be getting anything. I've given him birthday parties, birthday presents, Xmas presents and so on but never had so much as I card bad so I am not expecting anything next week when he's left.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Samijanec View Post

I've got one leaving in a week, I know I won't be getting anything. I've given him birthday parties, birthday presents, Xmas presents and so on but never had so much as I card bad so I am not expecting anything next week when he's left.
    Sad isn't it?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by murphf View Post

Sad isn't it?
    I feel it shows a lack of understanding for what our relationship is like with the little ones

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bumble Beez View Post
    Oh for goodness sake...since when has buying a gift for teachers become a competition?!
    I've always bought a little gift for my sons teachers, and DS makes a card...
    This year I'm doing something a little different...we've made these
    Found this idea on Pinterest and thought they were fun!

Attachment 7482

And was thinking about making these up for the new term...

Attachment 7483

Both these ideas are meant to be useful, thoughtful and will not cost the earth to make

Sarah x
    Those are fab

Im making smartie cookies tonight and putting them in a jar with a label saying Thank you for making me one smart cookie.

Think I saw that on pinterest I may spend a lot of time on there
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

8. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Sept 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Very good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by murphf View Post

Sad isn't it?
    I think so yea, even just a home made card would be lovely but I didn't even get so much as a happy birthday verbally.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Samijanec View Post

I think so yea, even just a home made card would be lovely but I didn't even get so much as a happy birthday verbally.
    Had one leave recently who was the same, I did get a thank you but really thought I might have got a card or flowers or something.

Nov 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Forced?? Between my 3 kids and various postings my kids have been at 11 schools. Not one of them forced me to buy the teachers a gift.

I don't buy the staff gifts. My twins made one of their teachers a calendar one year for christmas, and I bought a spike milligan nonsense rhyme book for my youngests reception class (an attempt to help the teacher get boys interested in rhyming and reading) but those 2 gifts were a choice, not a requirement.

What a lot of tosh. Always the same with the media. Attention grabbing headline, total twaddle thereafter.

Feb 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FussyElmo View Post

Those are fab

Im making smartie cookies tonight and putting them in a jar with a label saying Thank you for making me one smart cookie.

Think I saw that on pinterest I may spend a lot of time on there
    Yep that would be pintrest I saw it too.

Dec 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm making chocolates for my sons teachers. I love making them and my eldest son is at secondary school and has had the same form tutor for the past 4 years and she looks forward to getting hers!

feb 05
    Post Thanks / Like

I make a big box of cupcakes which I hand in for all the teachers at DS's school at Christmas and summer-didn't manage it this time cos our new soon to be adoptive daughter moved in the week before the end of term!! Will do them for the school going back instead to cheer the teachers up

July 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Well all I can say if any of my childrens teachers are expecting a villa, a Tiffany necklace or anything else from ***** list they are going to come unstuck!!

I have bought some vases (£1) and shall fill them with flowers, then wrap them, the male teachers have got jokey presents, again cheap.

One teacher is getting absolutely NOTHING as I don't feel she deserves a thank you, she'll be lucky if I even speak to her again after Friday!! I've never not bought a teacher a thank you present before so this is a first.

Carol xx

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12