Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Registered Childminder since
    Nov 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Simona View Post
    Bunyip...Serco may even be interested...they were after all involved in the care of the elderly were they not? ...and look at the outstanding service they provided!!!
    Aren't they the ones who assess people for invalidity benefit? One of their Midlands assessment centres is on the first floor, with no lift and they won't allow wheelchairs on the premises...................... which I guess fulfils their target in cutting the number of applicants.

July07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry....that's just hilarious

Sleepovers at school? Who is going to sleepover with the children? Volunteers, parents, teachers, or just random people?
    I certainly wouldnt want to work all through the night and can yo Imagine trying to get these children to bed so they can have a good nights sleep ready for school the next day.

Ive experienced a cub sleepover and its not a pretty sight....lol

Im sure the people who think up these ideas are being paid far too much and spending a lot of their money on drugs....they are delutional
    Time Out.. The perfect time for thinking about what you're going to destroy next.

3. Likes Koala, Ripeberry liked this post
    July07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Thinking about it seriously, school children make up a lot of my wages so if I couldn't take these children then I would have to put up my prices for younger children.........

Meaning higher costs for parents or no business for me
    Time Out.. The perfect time for thinking about what you're going to destroy next.

5. Likes Tunja, The Juggler, Goatgirl liked this post
    Nov 05
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JCrakers View Post
    Thinking about it seriously, school children make up a lot of my wages so if I couldn't take these children then I would have to put up my prices for younger children.........

Meaning higher costs for parents or no business for me
    Lol! And the whole idea is to reduce childcare costs...and I thought there was a shortage of qualified childminders? Makes no sense at all...

Sarah x
    Sarah, Bumble Beez x x

7. Likes Tunja liked this post
    May 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

The one Free-School that did the sleep-overs only offer it on an occasional basis, so how is that childcare.

Wonder if it's a PTA fundraiser on a Friday night and the other parents use it to go out on the lash!

Post Thanks / Like

In the US and Australia schools run a far better assortment of reliable after school activities/summer school etc (again bigger focus on high school than elementary/middle school but still) which few schools in this country can cope with alone! Whatever activities my children sign up for till 4/415/430 in the afternoon are not reliable and invariably cancelled -but on the back of this they'll now be open till 6 voluntarily, or overnight?!

Sep 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Recently at a Schools Awards ceremony DD2 headmaster listed 25 education points that have been raised on the BBC new channel alone in the last month!! ranging from ratios to providing more lessons in how to de-stress, honestly the list was ridiculous!!

Feb 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good Apr 15
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't do many school runs but echo, no more need for school run childminders then!

My children go to boarding school but this seems nuts!!

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Well the issue is solved.

Mum at home for the first year.

Child in school at two.

All schools will be full boarding schools from day one.

All free because they are state schools

Mommy and Daddy can work any hours they want to and go out and party because their little one is in care.

Mommy and Daddy plan an 18th birthday party, buy little one their own pad with the money saved on childcare.

Lovely mommy and Dad only have to fund one year of child raising.

Problem solved cheap child care for all.

Nov 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Government's long term favoured option is far simpler than that, RS.

Boarding schools for those who can afford them.

Workhouses for everyone else.

14. Likes Goatgirl, rickysmiths liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry but this just get more and more stupid by the minute. Its like they are clutching at straws and pulling ideas out of thin air without thinking it through.

The rest of the world must be laughing in their socks at us
    we dont stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing

Simona Guest

Quote Originally Posted by bunyip View Post
    Aren't they the ones who assess people for invalidity benefit? One of their Midlands assessment centres is on the first floor, with no lift and they won't allow wheelchairs on the premises...................... which I guess fulfils their target in cutting the number of applicants.
    Bunyip I thought that was ATOS?
    will children who need a sleepover have to pass a special test?

In answer to those who ask who will be supervising those children ...cms of course!!!
    isn't that what the Childcare hub idea is about...flexible childcare between providers with cms doing lots of the care, none of the education and in this case patrolling at night to ensure children get a good night sleep!!!

Utterly laughable!

Mar 04
    Post Thanks / Like

Sometimes I wonder why parents have kids, I can't beleive it sometimes:-

Why would a parent want their kid to sleep over at school. Well I know why really, because they can't be to look after them themselves!

Can I have a moan?
    I had a parent moaning this morning because their nearly 4 year old won't go to sleep until 8pm, he is picked up from me at 5.30pm sometimes later gets home maybe 6pm and put to bed for 7pm. I know children need their sleep but maybe a bit of interaction would go down well.
    I know that a lot of my parents would jump at the chance to have their children stay elsewhere overnight just so they got some rest 'me time'. Am I just a moany or do others feel that some parents are just ridiculously lazy and selfish. Not all parents, I know, I am a parent too and I wouldn't dream of my child having a sleepover at school. How does it help out the parent? It just fuels idleness and their lack of taking responsibility for their children.

Sorry, i'm a bit off.

sep09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Koala View Post

Why would a parent want their kid to sleep over at school. Well I know why really, because they can't be to look after them themselves!

Can I have a moan?
    I had a parent moaning this morning because their nearly 4 year old won't go to sleep until 8pm, he is picked up from me at 5.30pm sometimes later gets home maybe 6pm and put to bed for 7pm. I know children need their sleep but maybe a bit of interaction would go down well.
    I know that a lot of my parents would jump at the chance to have their children stay elsewhere overnight just so they got some rest 'me time'. Am I just a moany or do others feel that some parents are just ridiculously lazy and selfish. Not all parents, I know, I am a parent too and I wouldn't dream of my child having a sleepover at school. How does it help out the parent? It just fuels idleness and their lack of taking responsibility for their children.

Sorry, i'm a bit off.
    oh dear Koala !
    In the past I may have used an occasional 'well-run' sleepover at school.
    I hope it doesn't make me one of the irresponsible idle ones!
    I didn't have the luxury of parents or family around to babysit , was in a new area , and didn't go out .
    Im sure my 2 boys would have loved it , a bit like a cub-camp , and a big adventure.
    I don't think its a bad idea at all , managed properly and offered occasionally.

But , it most certainly doesnt come under the heading of 'childcare' in the government sense - Im sure there aren't many parents with those working hours for a start!
    Its a luxury or a 'perk' to parents of one school out of thousands.

Simona Guest

Are parents expecting the schools to offer this for free or at a charge?
    How much are those watching over children while they sleep be paid?

Looks likely to me that cms will have less children to look after in future so I can earn money while sleeping...considering I have a wonderful bedroom for children, own bathroom, I can add bedtime story, homework, a good dinner, breakfast at 8am and take to school by 9am

That's me sorted and the rest of the day is mine!!

20. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Feb 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good Apr 15
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Koala View Post

Can I have a moan?

Sorry, i'm a bit off.
    As a parent of 2 children that go to boarding school I resent the fact you say I can't be bothered to do it myself. Without knowing everyone's reasons you cannot put everyone under the same umbrella

I am not defending overnight schooling at all, having children to farm them off is def not for me to have "time off" I work 6:30-6:30 and don't sit down till 9pm most evenings

Please remember this is an open forum pretty much and I am fed up of childminders moaning all the time about parents. If it wasn't for the parents we would not have jobs.

Jan12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Yep that's how I read it

Sounds more like a boarding school can't see how it would work

Also wouldn't it cost lots to set up- same sex dormitories staffing to look after the children etc - who would pay for that?

Mar 04
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rubybubbles View Post
    As a parent of 2 children that go to boarding school I resent the fact you say I can't be bothered to do it myself. Without knowing everyone's reasons you cannot put everyone under the same umbrella

I am not defending overnight schooling at all, having children to farm them off is def not for me to have "time off" I work 6:30-6:30 and don't sit down till 9pm most evenings

Please remember this is an open forum pretty much and I am fed up of childminders moaning all the time about parents. If it wasn't for the parents we would not have jobs.
    Not all parents, I know,

Simona Guest

The problem is that this govt does not think and considers what is already in place that could be explored and encouraged....their arrogance is beyond belief.
    Cms already do 'overnight' care and who knows that many more would not register for it if the need was there?

Rather than say the schools will be asked to help parents by providing 'sleepover' to help them what would have been the reaction had the govt said 'we would look into cms extending overnight care and facilitate the registration process'?

there is a vast difference between a 'sleepover' and 'caring' for a child when a parent does a night shift and that care is by a registered cm...
    which would the parents prefer?

Post Thanks / Like

These 3 hours care are ok for before and after school, not that I agree, but what happens in school holidays
    Mandy xx

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast