Calm down was not aimed at anyone in particular Simona

Grrrrr

Angel xxx

Registered Childminder since
    Mar 90
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

The informative feedback from the meeting with Lord Storey is on Penny's blog (please do not delete this because I mentioned her name!) lord Storey has suggested the sector needs to come together on this and of course we all are trying to achieve the same goal. This forum is extremely popular with childminders and promoted widely, it is a shame that when members of this form are asking where they can find more information posts that signpost them to certain ones are 'not allowed' to be shared

Nov 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

But Simona, surely any media that gets the message out there is good.

Childminders use so many different forums and boards, we really need to increase our presence, not shut it down.
    You can't control that. People will stay with what's comfortable to them - it's up to those of us who do use yours and Penny's sites for information to go out and tell them.

At the moment, I think we should be starting up debate on the sites like ***** and Mumsnet. We need to get parents and other childcare professionals involved. Many seem to think it was all over when the ratios were scrapped. Personally, I don't believe we've seen the end of even that debate.

Simona Guest

Sorry Angel I know you were not directing this at me in particular

Smiley...that website is available for all to see and connect to if they wish
    I have seen the feedback and that is why I said we are ALL doing what the Lord suggested but I am disappointed UKCMA did a very short feedback which I linked here at the start

If this forum does not allow a link to the website that has to be respected...we can still get there if we want

The sector will come together when the consultation is out on agencies...from what Sue Gregory said and all the other big chiefs in Ofsted I questioned at various conferences that is not now but in the near future...then we can call the sector to support but it does not mean that there is no campaign going on
    What can they do now that they have not already done?

At the PLA conference I was taken aback from the opposition to agencies from preschools...they were shouting at Ofsted and the woman had to tell them to 'calm down' as she gathered feelings were high
    At the conference in London it was Kidsunlimited that put a question to Ofsted on agencies...and she was very blunt telling Ofsted they are not needed

So we have support but we maybe be under shock because of the news the LAs are piloting agencies...that is what gets my blood pressure up and I know many cms will question them as I have mine

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kiddleywinks View Post
    Sarah was trying to get the feedback from UKCMA yesterday

I would have hoped that as the views they received, about 100, were from members and non members alike, the feedback would be made accessible to all asap.
    I haven't been informed about any feedback from UKCMA yet Kiddleywinks - I did ask them to let me know when it was published.

I am not at home so I don't have all my log ins - but I would be surprised if they have put it in their member area when, as you say, comments were submitted by members and non members.

I would have expected an email alerting everyone to feedback on such an important subject as well.

I'll do some more checking when I get home later x

6. Likes Kiddleywinks, loocyloo liked this post
    Simona Guest

UKCMA have fedback and it is on their website ...I picked it up on Twitter and posted it for all to see...as I said it is very short but more info is available to those who want to look for it.
    UKCMA do not appear to have a forum for members unless I have missed it?

apr 87
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Celyn View Post
    I don't understand why you say it's a facebook campaign.
    The collation of reports, petition, blogs is web-based:

Http://Www.******************.com

Welcome to all.
    How can childminders get information from various sources when links are starred out as in this helpful post?

Nov 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I had no idea about Simona's site - I'm not often on here, either, these days - although I'll certainly take a look.

I did find my information on Penny's site. That's what I'm saying - we won't get the message to as many as we can by sticking to one place.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

The forum is working very hard to ensure all childminders are fully supported through the changes that are coming - childminders who want to belong to agencies and childminders who want to stay independent are equally welcome here.

The forum is against agencies - yes of course it is - it sees absolutely no benefit whatsoever in childminders paying a percentage of their income to an agency!

But agencies are already here - they are going ahead - it is our job to make sure childminders are fully informed and aware of their options.

For childminders who want to stay independent, as well as the forum itself, we have added a new website and a new Facebook page. This is part of the forum's commitment to reaching out to all childminders, whatever their chosen medium.

When UKCMA publishes their (hopefully more detailed) feedback we will let you all know - as I promised yesterday.

Please respect the fact that we are all looking towards the future in different ways.

Thank you

11. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Simona View Post
    UKCMA have fedback and it is on their website ...I picked it up on Twitter and posted it for all to see...as I said it is very short but more info is available to those who want to look for it.
    UKCMA do not appear to have a forum for members unless I have missed it?
    They don't have a forum - but they do have a member section - I'm not at home so I can't log in and check. I will look later and get back to you x

Simona Guest

Thank you Sarah
    What I have read is enough ...if there is further input and you feel like sharing that is fine too.
    My understanding is that both cms members and non members were invited to input ideas so any feedback should be available to all...but it really does not matter to me as I have responded to their tweet

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12