Welcome to your new section of the forum!
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  61
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Registered Childminder since
    Jan 90
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you I'm remaining idependent until the day I tidy my toys away for the very last time x

2. Likes mandy moo liked this post
    Oct 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you sarah.
    Ill be staying independent and quite fancy putting that on my business cards! Sounds far more professional I think.
    Maybe we should chain ourselves to the gates of no 10. Will be a nice rest if anything! ill bring my pop up tents and some wine...

4. Likes mandy moo, JaneyB liked this post
    Feb 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Sarah. I am always amazed at how much great work you do for us. I am with you all in staying independent. It's the reason I started I got it in to my head I could do better than the nursery I was working for and have a less stressful life and I do.

6. Likes cbj1609, NessaTT liked this post
    Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I too will be independent for as long as I'm a childminder. When I'm not allowed to be any more I won't be minding
    if you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got

8. Likes mandy moo liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nipper View Post
    Yes but let's be honest, would most of our parents understand the difference. Most of mine when I tried to explain about the changes ET was planning, were none the wiser.
    My parents are the same

My daughters work at a nursery ...parents the same there have not got a clue

Some of my parents said they are not bothered !!

Angel xx

Aug 90
    Post Thanks / Like

I have been a childminder for 25 yrs + and have seen and worked with many changes. There is no way I will work with agencies.

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I am not worrying about being independant until something is put in writing. PACEY managed to get the independent ruling so now we have a choice anyway and are still working so that agencies are not formed.
    Debbie

Sept 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I will remain independent...

boo

June86
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I am staying independent, never did like anyone making decisions for me.

Post Thanks / Like

I will be staying independent unless someone is going to pay me £40,000 a year TAKE HOME, and with that does ALL my paperwork and planning!!!

Being serious though I'm just so confused by it all. Don't know if it will ever make sense!

Jan 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

This section is great Sarah and others.

I have been thinking the same as many of you. We became Registered childminders because we want to be independent self employed childcare professionals. Not answering and abiding by other peoples rules. Wanting to continue thinking for ourselves and put into practice "Best Practice" for the benefits of the children we dearly care for and give parents satisfaction and peace of mind.

We don't want to be governed and ruled by agencies checking up on us to see if we are abiding by this rule or that rule. It's an insult to our intelligence. We are capable of running our own business because that's what we are and do - Self employed Childcare Professionals. We don't want to be babysat!!!!

I'm am annoyed by the gov't always wanting to get a piece of anything that looks like its thriving. STAY STRONG AND HOLD ON TO YOUR INDEPENDENCE

LOVE U ALL

Simona Guest

Chatterbox Childcare I think we need to be realistic: agencies are coming and the fact the pilots are only going to be from Sept to Dec is rather revealing!

we need to send a strong message on why 'remaining independent is best, what we need in place when agencies arrive, or if that is missing where we get the support and training required and how we get parents to come to us for enquiries...brain working away on these at the moment!

As far as I am concerned I have been 'independent' for many many years apart from the statutory training offered by LA the rest I have bought independently and have had no input from EY at all...still got a degree and managed Outstanding all by myself
    sorry I lie... I got my first visit 2 weeks ago from my consultatnt to tick their boxes just by answering all questions on their targets sheet...

What I woud like to know how much LAs get funded for cms' support and when not provided what do they do with the money?
    I know that is what gets Truss annoyed and now she is acting on it by providing agencies!
    How many times over the last many many years cms have complained at the discrepancy in support and the fact some LAs provided networks while others didn't starting a two tier system that now will become multi layered....

I can't remember how many articles I have written on the 'exclusive' club that is the networks, how many politicians I have written to since 2008

Unfortunately our representing associations did not listen to us and what will they do now? stop the agencies from being formed?
    While everyone is up in arms about ratios and all are asked to sign petitions ...how many have signed the one against agencies and who, apart from PACEY, has actually come out against agencies? PLA? UKCMA? *******? most of them are sitting around the DfE table developing the agencies but as 'observers'...who are they kidding?
    I know tomorrow is April's fool!!!
    Last edited by Simona; 31-03-2013 at 06:00 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Default remaining independant or agency

i will remain independant

Jan 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for doing this. I will be an independent childminder until I can see that to be part of an agency benefits the children I care for AND benefits me. I cannot see this ever happening!

Please let me know if there is anything that I can do to help.

Jan 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Agencies haaa

I will never join an agency independent to the end or ill pack it all in....

Hi sarah chat soon hun x

20. Likes sarah707 liked this post
    Jan 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

may i just mention if we have no choice but to join an agency and pay a fee too would you be passing the fees on to parents coz i will.
    so how does this make childcare cheaper for parents? and if an agency is going to dictate the fees unless they are inline with what we charge now
    what are our options? we cant all open up agencies... there will be no childminders to manage lol
    i was hoping they would just give more control and assessments etc to LA no more ofsted inspections just our development worker visits?
    its all very upsetting

Mar 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

The day I join an agency is the day I pack in.

Nov 05
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bindy View Post
    The day I join an agency is the day I pack in.
    Seconded...I will give up childminding if I am forced to join an agency

Sarah x
    Sarah, Bumble Beez x x

Simona Guest

I forgot about this thread...good to revisit
    Nothing has really changed ..still as clear as mud!
    apart from the fact agencies are 'trialling' not piloting, apparently there is a slight difference
    The other is that PLA has really come out against them and been very vocal and other providers are coming out against them too.

Lets not worry about fees...we need to know what agencies will charge and who picks up the bill...so far it seems it will be cms otherwise parents fees will go up as for the rest of us I would guess our fee will be reviewed

The nasty surprise, for me at least, was that 10 out 0f 20 agencies are LAs....and they will have to charge cms to stay sustainable
    As for those who want to stay 'independent' we have to wait but must be sure we find support, advice, face to face help and training that matches that on offer to agency cms because for them it will be part of the package...for us not so sure without LAs support but there are independent trainers who will step in.

And lastly the C&F Bill will have amendements to make all cms in an agency 'registered and inspected'...so that will change everything as Ofsted will make no savings if that is passed
    And if that goes ahead we are still going to be independent?

We must follow development very closely and continue to object to them... we have just over 2 months before the trials are over and we will be consulted on agencies!

If agencies will be made compulsory Truss will have a lot to answer for because that will be a broken promise

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12