Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default what do you charge

i look after a boy 2 days a week 6.45 am till 9 am and then 11.45 to 1.30pm i dont charge while he is at nursary . if he gets into school i go to his mum will still want to use me , how much do you charge for for such a short time

Registered Childminder since
    May 03
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

my hourly fee is £3.80 between 8 and 6 and time and a half before and after those times. They would also pay while he was in nursery if I was dropping and collecting. i don't do sibling discounts either
    love Kate
    Save the earth it's the only planet with chocolate

BucksCM Guest

breaking it down, that's just 4 hours work...but it includes a VERY early drop off, breakfast, taking to nursery, picking up from nursery and lunch. (so 2 meals and then petrol, if you drive there)
    If you are charging by the hour, you must make sure that you are actually earning something and not putting it all to the expenses!
    I charge £6 per hour, so 4 hours would be £24...if you charge more for early hours then it would be more...£27 (if time and a half for the 1st hour)
    If you also charge for the time he's at nursery(which we are entitled to do) then it becomes 6 3/4 hours, £43.50 ( if time and a half for the 1st hour)
    I actually find it easier to charge a daily rate and if this was me I would charge £40 (half of the daily charge of £60 plus extra for the 1st hour. Unless you can fill the end of the day, he's taking up a days space...unless the parent wants to pay for the whole day, she's got herself a deal!
    At the end of the day you have to think about what spaces are taken by the part timers and are you happy to charge what you charge? If you take on more then will it work?