Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Gutted

Registered Childminder since
    Aug 10
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Gutted

I know some of you saw my other post about a mindee whose mum sprang on me a couple of weeks ago that he cries at the mention of my name and doesn't want to come any more...

Well she's just given me notice because she thinks he'll be better off at a nursery.

I am so gutted. I've had him nearly 2 years.

All my children seem to leave on bad terms. I just want one to leave because they're going to school or moving away - not because their mum is annoyed about money or because they hate me so much that they cry when my name is mentioned!

jan 11
    Post Thanks / Like

aww big hugs hun. how old is he?? if you've had him 2 years then im assuming 2-3 yrs well he probably just wants to be with mum and doesnt realise he cant be. try not to let it get you down.

my 17mth old mindee has starting clinging onto mums lets and screaming in the mornings but thankgod mum knows its not that he doesnt like me its because he wants his mummy.

xx

Post Thanks / Like

I doubt he'll be better off at a nursery

Chin up, hope you get some phone calls soon

Miffy xx
    Keep smiling!

Mar 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    OUTSTANDING
    Post Thanks / Like

Im so sorry you are feeling low right now. Im sure something else will come along. Keep your chin up.
    If all else fails......add glitter!

Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

hon, you have just had a hopeless lot of parents. it's not you. don't think that. just think of it like this. they are making way for some new lovely parents and children who will appreciate you
    if you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got

sept 04
    Post Thanks / Like

Try not to take it to heart. My 4 yo mindee often 'plays up' in the mornings at drop off, saying she doesn't want them to leave, (she's fine when they've gone).
    As said above, I doubt your mindee will be better in a nursery. Hope you get some nice families interested soon

Post Thanks / Like

Must be a day for it .. I got given notice today by my pita parent also moving Lo to a crèche as I woulnt take her when sick ! Sure like crèche will! Grass is always greener

Sorry to hear about you you must be gutted after 2 years

sept 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

don't worry it happens ! I think parents are given into the child to easy the nursery isn't the answer it won't be long until the child complains about it. I have before and after school boy 4 who is crying and whining to his mum all the time so the mum said she is going to change her hours at work so she can take him and pick him up.
    CWR

Apr 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

my 4 year old cries like its the end of the world when he goes to pre-school on a monday morning and he always says he doesn't like it and he wants to stay at home but by the time he gets there its fine. I know he loves it because I'm friends with one of the staff and I know what he gets up to through chatting and photos. He comes out full of beans and what he has been up to. The other day I picked him up early because we had a dentist appointment and he cried because he had to miss the end of his session!

What I'm trying to say is please don't take to heart that he says he doesn't like it at yours - all he means is I'd rather stay in bed or I'd rather be with mum - it definitely does not mean he does not like it at yours!
    (Unless he sobs all day every day and I guess you may have picked up on that!)

He probably isn't able to express himself very well so saying he doesn't want to come anymore does not really neccessarily mean he doesn't like you! Please don't take it to heart - remember the happy days he's had at yours and focus on that x

Sept 03
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I have one (4) that comes out of school on the days that I pick him up and announces (loudly) "I dont' want YOU to pick me up!". I hate to think what the teacher thinks but he's been coming since he was 6 months old and loves it at my house, he cries when its time to go home and shouts at his mum to "Go away". Poor mum, I always reassure her that he didn't want me earlier either. As the others have said, try not to take it to heart.

Aug 10
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for all the lovely messages. He's 2.5.

I thought this WAS a really lovely family - I've always had good relationships with them all and they used to love me and write me lovely letters and cards.

That's what makes this all so much worse. It's so sudden and so different to how things have been for the last 2 years.

Aug 10
    Post Thanks / Like

I forgot to mention - she is paying me my notice but he's going to start nursery straight away - she isn't even sending him anymore!!

june 09
    Post Thanks / Like

sounds like an excuse to start nursery!