Sick of doing the samey things - any ideas!!
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Nov 10
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Sick of doing the samey things - any ideas!!

Hello all, I have a 15 month old tomorrow who i want to do a mothers day pressy with but I always seem to do the same thing with him, picture frame, handprint tulip card etc. he is also not very advanced for his age so am a bit limited what I can do. Any ideas please so things arent so samey all the time???

Jan 03
    Post Thanks / Like

What about decorating a teapot shaped card and staple a teabag to it so mum can enjoy a cup of tea?

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

let him paint on a flower pot and pop a pretty flower in it?

Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I am sure mum will be delighted with whatever you give her, because her son did it for her.

Dont worry too much
    we dont stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I buy canvases, blob some paint on and give the children/babies brushes, stampers etc and let them just spread the paint round with those and their hands. Each one they make is unique and completely their own work

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

We are doing hand prints again because that's what the children have chosen!

I get a bit bored with them too so bought some glitter glue pens and heart stickers for them to use - we'll research hand decorating art first.

Hth

Penny1959 Guest

Mine have painted pots - recycled cardboard ones - very forgiving for when young artists apply loads of paint or squash in their hands.

We also have made cards - using my latest idea - double sided sticky tape!

cut a pice of tape and either let child choose where to stick it or you decide - one piece at a time -take off backing paper - then give them some glitter or sequins or whatever and get them to shake or spoon or sprinkle with their hands (what ever child prefers) all over the card - the bits of course stick where the double sided tape is - when the card is picked up and shaken - you can then repeat if you want more colours or extra patters / sections of the picture - most little ones can do this themselves

Penny

Nov 10
    Post Thanks / Like

Fabulous, thank you ladies Quick trip to Home Bargains in the morning I think to get some resources!!xx

oct2004
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hayley102 View Post
    What about decorating a teapot shaped card and staple a teabag to it so mum can enjoy a cup of tea?
    Love that idea! Fab

Nov 10
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Penny1959 View Post
    Mine have painted pots - recycled cardboard ones - very forgiving for when young artists apply loads of paint or squash in their hands.

We also have made cards - using my latest idea - double sided sticky tape!

cut a pice of tape and either let child choose where to stick it or you decide - one piece at a time -take off backing paper - then give them some glitter or sequins or whatever and get them to shake or spoon or sprinkle with their hands (what ever child prefers) all over the card - the bits of course stick where the double sided tape is - when the card is picked up and shaken - you can then repeat if you want more colours or extra patters / sections of the picture - most little ones can do this themselves

Penny
    Where did you get these from Penny please? Cant find anything like that near me

June 11
    Post Thanks / Like

The kids did butterfly prints and painted paper plates to look like flowers, today we are going to glitter up our butterflies and stick them to our paper plate flowers.

The butterflies have come out amazing! In fact 18 month old I think is the best lol

We also linked it a litttle to spring with a visit to the park coming up looking for new flowers etc... ties in nicely lol

Post Thanks / Like

We've done plants in pots and cards. The youngest ones just finger-painted some flower shaped cards but at least it's all their own work!

Miffy xx
    Keep smiling!

Post Thanks / Like

Any chance of a pic Emma butterflies sound amazing

June 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by zippy View Post
    Any chance of a pic Emma butterflies sound amazing
    Will try lol. The kids decorated cereal boxes so they can stick their flowers in it, I think there was more glue, glitter and paint on my table than the boxes