False allegation - is this all worth it?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    jan 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Default False allegation - is this all worth it?

I have been working with children for 22 years, qualified nursery nurse etc etc I have only been a childminder for 12 months and quite honestly I am wondering if the whole thing is worth the stress and strain. I have already had a non payer which I pursued and won that was just before Christmas and now this a false allegation (or 3). I had an incident last week which was unfortunate but I dealt with it appropriately (no child was harmed) and I called Ofsted to check I had done everything right, I got an unannounced visit yesterday and the inspector was nice about it and ran through what happened, checked I had done everything and THEN told me it was my adjoined neighbour who made the complaint which in the inspectors words was exaggerated plus he told me she had made 3 other allegations which were 100% false, he told me he had no concerns over them and would not be investigating them and they are not recorded. I am now left a bit emotionally battered and feel like I am a prisoner in my own home being watched from windows while we play in the garden etc Ofsted told me she might well do it again and they would have to investigate again so I decided to write her a formal legal letter last night putting her on notice that I would file for a court hearing to claim damages if she continued the malicious slander. I have nothing to hide from Ofsted, I do my job well and the parents are very happy and have a waiting list a mile long but it does not take away the resentment I feel for stupid people who obviously want to shut me down. I asked Ofsted why people do it and he said it is mostly non payers, neighbours and jealousy. This stupid neighbour had asked for a space for her child about 6 months ago but I don't have space so it could be linked, who knows.z

Nov '11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good!
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh my gosh poor you! Not sure what to say but didn't want to read and run, hope ur ok xx

sept 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

Raise above these people and get on with a job you do well ! smile and confuse them all. Stick with it.
    CWR

Nov 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Poor you ...please know you're not alone a lot of us have experienced it so we do understand how you feel ...Well done you for sending her that letter & try & look on it as positive - you had an unannounced inspection from OFSTED & they were pleased with what they saw!
    Blaze x

July07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Hugs

Some people obviously have nothing better going on in their lives than to moan and make others lives hell
    This is your lively hood and from what you have written about Ofsted, looks like you are doing a great job.

Obviously jealous of how well you are doing...rise above it

Post Thanks / Like

Even if she does continue to make complaints, Ofsted now know it is malicious so her complaints will not hold as much weight even though they are duty bound to investigate them.

Hopefully she'll get the message now you have sent her the solicitor's letter.

Hope you're OK, it's not a pleasant thing to have to go through. I'm surprissed the inspector told you who'd made the complaint - I didn't think they did that.

Miffy xx
    Keep smiling!

Apr 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh my, what a nasty piece of work she is, I think we all live in fear of this sort of thing happening.

Good for you for sending her the letter, now she's aware you know it's her and you will not be taking her malicious behaviour lying down she should have the sense to stop and get on with her life and stop interferring with yours.

Feb 11
    Non childminder member
    Little Learners
    Post Thanks / Like

Sending you big hugs

Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

oh hon how awful. don't give up otherwise your nasty neighbour has one. I'd be tempted to corner her next time you see her and say

'you'll never guess what, some awful person reported me with false allegations, the ofsted lady laughed at them when she came to see me. What on earth woudl make someone be so vile'

then just smile and walk away.
    if you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got

Apr 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Juggler View Post
    oh hon how awful. don't give up otherwise your nasty neighbour has one. I'd be tempted to corner her next time you see her and say

'you'll never guess what, some awful person reported me with false allegations, the ofsted lady laughed at them when she came to see me. What on earth woudl make someone be so vile'

Feb 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Juggler View Post

Oh yes, if you can manage it that would be a good way of dealing with it. Some people are so awful, why on earth it would even cross someone's mind to do something like that is beyond me.

Hugs to you, stay strong and remember there are lots of friends here for you xxx
    Francine X

Aug 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

That's just disgusting, how evil! Thank goodness you didn't have room for her child otherwise it could be whole lot worse if that's the type of person she is.

Well done for having an unannounced visit from Ofsted and them being happy! How cool is that!

I hope you don't hear anything else from this awful woman.

Keep your head up, you know you haven't done anything wrong and she's just being vicious.

x

sept 04
    Post Thanks / Like

Just wanted to send you some support. It sounds like your neighbour is jealous and as already said, rise above it. Ofsted are happy with you because you have done nothing wrong and it is your neighbour who is in the wrong. Keep strong.
    Alison x

sept 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Well done!
    Been there and it hurts but you have proved why your worthy of a long waiting list.

feb 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

sending you big hugs I know how you feel it happened to me and I got lots of support from this site, is it worth talking to your insurer's legal team about this? I'm thinking of asking minexxx