Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    feb 10
    Post Thanks / Like

Default anyone with a cleaner??

Hi,
    My brothers girlfriend only 17 but theyve been together over a year has wanted to be my assistant ever since leaving school. I've had a lack of places due to having 2 dds under 5 so considered it.

But while its been going through ive had more and more doubts, shes a little dim, it might be a little restraining as she cant be left alone with any mindees due to her age, she doesnt drive and has no intention of and i can only seat so many in my car, i would be responsible for extra ljs etc (and any paperwork i give her to do i would be constantly double checking cos that just me ) and i like my wokload now i dont think i want to be any busier.

Ive warned from day one that this may never happen, ofsted may not increase numbers and there may be no families needing care etc, but ive had an idea following a thread i was reading the other day about cleaners, she has passed her crb and ofsted accepted as an assistant, so i have asked her if she would like to work as a cleaner for now. (obviously this wont pay her a proper wage but shes doing a few hours at college now and again so it wont interfere with that, and it gives me a chance to know if i would want her as an assistant)

She loves cleaning and likes this idea.

My question to those of you with cleaners is how much would you want done in 3 hours??? I dont want beds changing. I know its all knew to her so i dont expect miracles but do want enough, and also if she finds this ok im hoping to help her find work with others, so she needs to be worth recomending

TIA x

sep 08
    Post Thanks / Like

there was another thread about cleaners and most seem to get more done than mine in 3hrs. Having said that my cleaner is very thorough and wish i could afford to have her every week

When i started with her i left instructions of what i wanted doing in each room. She managed to do it all and floors were gleaming.

In answer to your question she:
    swept and mopped all downstairs floors (2 laminated and 3 tiled)
    polished/dusted living room and dining room
    hoovered stairs, wiped banisters, hoovered landing
    cleaned and mopped bathroom

As i say other cleaners on here seem to do more but i was more than happy for £21

After having 3 cleaners and with this girl needing instruction i would leave list of exactly what you want doing in each room

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Mine cleans the bathroom from top to bottom, cleans the kitchen (no washing up, just hob, surfaces, cupboard doors, sink and floor) and then I leave her some ironing and on a good day she will do 5 of hubby's shirts. I also have her for three hours. I'm sure I could get more done myself in that time but hey ho.

Sept 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Maza View Post
    Mine cleans the bathroom from top to bottom, cleans the kitchen (no washing up, just hob, surfaces, cupboard doors, sink and floor) and then I leave her some ironing and on a good day she will do 5 of hubby's shirts. I also have her for three hours. I'm sure I could get more done myself in that time but hey ho.
    good god, what are you paying her for??????

In 2.5 hrs my cleaner vacums & dusts whole house 2 x bedrooms, changes 3 beds, cleans & mops bathrrom & kitchen inc all surfaces, and does ironing for the 4 of us (not realy dd's things tho!)!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Marnie x

feb 10
    Post Thanks / Like

I was hoping she would be able to hoover, mop and dust downstairs, clean the kitchen (cuboard fronts and worktops) hoover the stairs and landing and clean bathroom.

Im going to wirte her a list as someone suggested as she hasnt done anything like this before but i want it to be reasonable does that sound reasonable for 3hours??

(could i chuck in ironing a few of hubbs shirts?)