Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Registered Childminder since
    sept 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default how much do you spend on food e week

i was just looking at our food bill per week it is about £100 per week. just wondered how it compares with other peoples.
    foxy

aug 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Mines about the same.Some times have to do a top up shop but that's usually to get fresh veg and fruit

Apr 02
    Post Thanks / Like

We try to keep under the £100 too - 2 adults, 3 kids and the mindees!

may 11
    Post Thanks / Like

mines 120-150 pw 2 adults 3 kids and mindees

Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

mine is £120-£140 week but I do lunches for my children for school and feed all the mindees their daily meals and snacks (not dinner). Then there is usually a few bottles of wine thrown in also
    if you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got

oct 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Mines £130 a week, my family is 5 kids lol, plus I feed 2 mindees.

LOOPYLISA Guest

Me hubby and dd £180 in asda sunday!

June 11
    Post Thanks / Like

DH does our food shop. He will spend about £100 in the butchers and get some really good deals, then will spend about £60 in Iceland. That is for the month then weekly we just get things like bread, ham cheese etc so spend about £20 a week. That feeds a family of 4, plus 2 mindees 5 days a week and 1 mindee two days a week

Nov 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Depends. If my hubby comes, then it can cost up to £120 a week. There are basically 4 adults (my teens are almost 16 and 6 foot tall), and one child, and the minded kids I proved cooked lunches and snacks for.
    If my hubby does not come, it costs around £40-£50 a week. That's how much money waste!! Plus when my hubby does come we also eat out at subway or macdonalds! Don't know why I insist on taking him!

Oct 96
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

getting worried now...................4 adults in our house and mindees have snacks only and our shopping bill is always between £150-£180 p/w.............but that does include all cleaning stuff and toiletries..and then there could be another £50 top up shop in the week for fresh fruit and veg, so usually £200 p/w

June 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

We are a family of 5 (2 adults, 2 teenagers who eat adult portions and a child), our food bill is around £100 per week.
    This includes snacks and drinks for Mindee's 5 days a week and a packed lunch for my own children 5 days a week.

HTH
    Toothfairy

sept 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

try and keep it at 60-100 per week but if I could purchase without looking I would probably spend 160. that's 2 adults 2 children and 8 minded children. We also have take away once a week £15.00.
    CWR

Aug '11
    Post Thanks / Like

Max 40 a week, 2 adults, 1 toddler 2 mindees. That includes nappies and toiletrees and cleaning stuff.

May 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

It depends how much beer and wine we buy!!!!
    Usually around £60 a week for 2 adults, breakfast, lunch and snacks for 3 mindees 4 times a week

Oct 96
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sunflowers View Post
    Max 40 a week, 2 adults, 1 toddler 2 mindees. That includes nappies and toiletrees and cleaning stuff.
    I'm really impressed £40 wouldn't cover my fruit and veg for the week

Nov 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sonia ann View Post
    getting worried now...................4 adults in our house and mindees have snacks only and our shopping bill is always between £150-£180 p/w.............but that does include all cleaning stuff and toiletries..and then there could be another £50 top up shop in the week for fresh fruit and veg, so usually £200 p/w
    Don't worry you are not the only one

About £80-£100 internet Ocado, £50 Iceland and extra fruit/veg/bread through the week. Milk is delivered by milkman about £30/month.Then there's sometimes Wilkos

That's 2 adults, 2 teens who eat like adults, 2 mindees 2 days a week with all their meals here and a dog.

I enjoy baking and ingredients don't come cheap

I spend what we can afford - if money is tight, I can cut back
    Happy to be back with the Greenies

Apr 10
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

We are spending anything between £180 and £250 a week, mind you we are feeding 9 mindees most nights plus 2 teenage boys who are like eating machines, they never stop.

We do use the cash and carry which keeps prices down

July 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good!
    Post Thanks / Like

We have a £75 p/w budget.

This is to include 2 adults, 2 children and various mindees!

Now I feel cheap lol

Aug '11
    Post Thanks / Like

you feel cheap twinkle toes.....
    our bill last week was only going to be £30! but I had one of those fiver off vouchers for Tescos valid when you spend £40... So stocked up on nappies (the £5 huggies) and got £5 of treats for free (nices cheeses and some biscuits for me and DH)

as we're on a debt management plan I've got rather good at being frugal, our weekly shop will always include a net of small oranges, bananas, grapes, pears/apples then carrots, onions, mushrooms, potatoes, parsnips etc

I've got rather canny at knowing which product works out cheapest, avoid bulk unless it is a really good saving, always look for the £1 4pint milk (we use 3 4 pinters a week) from our £80 weekly food/ toiletries budget I'll have £40 in my wallet for the rest of the week, usually £10-20 gets spent on incidentals, maybe some crafts stuff, sometimes a take away and almost every week I have £20 to stick in our fun pot... end of jan the fun pot had £100 in it although if you look in my cupboards/ fridge today you could possiby wonder what we're living on til Sat but I know I have the ingredients for cottage pie & veg tonight and chicken curry tomorrow night

whoops waffled there.... but I do get friends ask to come shopping with me to see how I manage it lol

Nov 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sunflowers View Post
    you feel cheap twinkle toes.....
    our bill last week was only going to be £30! but I had one of those fiver off vouchers for Tescos valid when you spend £40... So stocked up on nappies (the £5 huggies) and got £5 of treats for free (nices cheeses and some biscuits for me and DH)

as we're on a debt management plan I've got rather good at being frugal, our weekly shop will always include a net of small oranges, bananas, grapes, pears/apples then carrots, onions, mushrooms, potatoes, parsnips etc

I've got rather canny at knowing which product works out cheapest, avoid bulk unless it is a really good saving, always look for the £1 4pint milk (we use 3 4 pinters a week) from our £80 weekly food/ toiletries budget I'll have £40 in my wallet for the rest of the week, usually £10-20 gets spent on incidentals, maybe some crafts stuff, sometimes a take away and almost every week I have £20 to stick in our fun pot... end of jan the fun pot had £100 in it although if you look in my cupboards/ fridge today you could possiby wonder what we're living on til Sat but I know I have the ingredients for cottage pie & veg tonight and chicken curry tomorrow night

whoops waffled there.... but I do get friends ask to come shopping with me to see how I manage it lol
    I still can't see how you keep it that low with veg etc - but good on you for doing it and getting finances in order - all credit to you

I think you should post weekly bargains for us

I do tend to keep a stocked freezer/fridge/larder as living in the middle of no where - especially in winter - I don't want to be left with nothing if weather is bad.
    Happy to be back with the Greenies

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast