Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Registered Childminder since
    Apr 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I try to spend around £70 but sometimes it is more but I try not to spend over £100 per week (me, hubs and 2 school age kids). I don't provide food for mindees only biscuits and milk/juices etc.

We shop at Tesco but I do pick up lots of bargins at places like Poundshop etc.

If I don't write a list (and go online on tesco.com and check prices, add it all up) before I go I can end up spending over £130!

I refuse to shop on line and pay almost £5 for delivery when I could spend it on something else in store!
    Last edited by Mollymop; 09-02-2012 at 05:48 PM.

Jan08
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dave View Post
    We are spending anything between £180 and £250 a week, mind you we are feeding 9 mindees most nights plus 2 teenage boys who are like eating machines, they never stop.

We do use the cash and carry which keeps prices down
    lol you must be the size of house if you eat that much, i reccommend a course on budget control lol

sept 90
    Post Thanks / Like

this thread has made me wonder how much i do actually spend on food etc!! i do make a list of dinners for the week, i dont but loads of cleaning stuff or expensive washing powders/softeners etc. 2 adults + 2 big kids! and little mindess that dont eat much at all! but too many pets! I am now going to see how much i do spend!! i hate food shopping bores me to death, so try and do it online most of the time. Does anyone else think sainsburys is really expensive and the quality of fresh fruit and veg is rubbish??

Aug 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I spend about 250 pounds a week on food but do tend to prefer buying in M&S and Waitrose and spend a small fortune on fruit, esp. various berries!

Oct 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good :-)
    Post Thanks / Like

this thread is very interesting, i thought i was over spending

three adults, two children and 11 mindees .

40 - 50 @ asda
    20- 30 @ aldi

around £20 a week ( each time we call into the local co-op, picking up fresh bread, fruits and reduced things)

milkman is usually £7 a week

some weeks are cheaper becasue weve not used all, but my gosh i thought i was over spending.

i find mindees and my own two leave food, so i reduced the amount i was cooking, and preparing.

i doo keep and eye for reduced things too , freeze them.
    Weightloss -2lbs (14lb to go)

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

2 adult and 2 kids here and I probably average about £180 a week That does include a box of wine for the weekend

Its scary how much food costs now- I've just been to Sainsburys and got stuff for a roast chicken tea, fruit and veg and a few other bits and spent £50 and thats just for a couple of days. The apples alone that I buy have gone up 30p a bag since I last bought them and all those increasing pennies soon add up.

So glad I stopped providing food for mindees

Apr 10
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by therealbear View Post
    lol you must be the size of house if you eat that much, i reccommend a course on budget control lol
    Thar's a rude comment

Jan08
    Post Thanks / Like

Thar's a rude comment
    U reckon ??

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

We spend at least £200 per week on groceries. That doesn't include eating out etc.

There are 5 adults living here, up to 6 lo's for breakfast, lunch and tea and up to another 5-6 after school all of whom have a cooked tea.

I spend a lot on nice fruit and veg , berries and such are very expensive.

Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Something I need to keep an eye on -and write it all down as hubby does all food shopping!!! However we do have an allotment so we save alot on veg.

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I have shown these posts to DH and now I don't think we do so bad. Last week I fed 14 mindees everyday so that was 14 pieces of fruit for starters.

All adds up doesn't it? Now I do a menu for the week and buy only what I need unless there is really good bulk buy bargains - Branston Baked Beans are the best at the most at .25p each when you buy 4 for a £1
    Debbie

mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

I feel really, really cheap lol

We are a family of 3 adults, 2 children and at least 4 mindees for lunch and tea every day and we spend around £40 a week on shopping in asda and oh goes to the wholesale market and spends about £100 per month/6weeks on food.

We have fresh fruit and veg with every meal and eat a home cooked meal every day except 1.

xxx

jan 89
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

Thar's a rude comment
    yes i would say very rude you didnt evan add lol at the end
    i no what you mean with teenagers where do they put it
    i spend around £90 -£120 a week unless of course its a party week then its more

Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by therealbear View Post
    U reckon ??
    wasn't the most polite hon
    if you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got

Jul 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

I live with my parents and brother (no children) so 4 adults. We soend £50 in tesco a week about £10 on fruit and veg from the market and about £3 on milk a week so say about £63 a week. We only feed a max of 2 mindees nd thats not every day so we tend to buy about £25 of food a month for the children.

If we are having cottage pie or bolognaise we tend to have some left over which is freezed for mindee.

jul 00
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

We are a very big houshold there's Me and DH our 7 kids and 3 mindees.
    We use a huge pack of loo roll a week and a ton of washing powder and fabric softener and 3 lots of "ladies things".I hate paying for things we cant eat ..
    We spend about £120 every sunday with asda and get it delivered free(if you use an asda store card you get free delivery over £100 ) then midweek we get another delivery for about £50 of more milk ,fruit and veg and yogurts as even with a massive fridge i cant fit a weeks worth in it.
    I buy mostly smart price and things that are on deals.Loads of fresh fruit and veg and make most of my meals from scratch.
    3 of our children take a packed lunch to school (wont pay nearly £40 a week for school meals)and DH takes packed lunch to work.We use about 5 boxes of cereal a week at least and i always make a cooked evening meal.
    So i feed 12 people on £170 a week thats about £2 a day each (and that includes all toiletries and cleaning products....

Jul 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile

I have found Aldi very useful for fruit and veg, saving us loads. I provide meals for all of my mindees and the cost of my Sainsbury's bill was silly so I switched and have never looked back.
    Things I can't get from Aldi, I online order from either Sainsbury's or Tesco and we have saved almost £15 per week by doing this.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123