Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    May 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default feeling quite pleased with myself...

I had an enquiry from a parent 2 weeks ago. Another child minder had passed my number on with the caution that the mum had made appointments with 3 other childminders and not turned up.
    I got a call the same night asking if she could come round at 8.30am the next day, she turned up, LO was smiling and happy and she arranged a few trial mornings because of 'problems' with him settling previously.
    Apparently at his last childminders he had screamed the whole time and the CM had called mum at work to come take him home. I was a little worried but thought I'd give it a shot. First day came and as warned he screamed, for the first 30mins, until my OH walked in, turns out the lo prefers men to women!!!
    Anyway I agreed to give it another go, within 5 mins of mum leaving this time lo is smiling, giggling and splashing gloop all over the floor...looks like I've cracked this one quicker than I thought, he continued the rest of the day with a smile on his face, he even fell asleep cuddling into me.
    Mum has signed the contract for one full day a week, moving to 2 in a few months and any extra days as they come up, and is very pleased that he's settled so quickly!!!

July07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Yay

Well done...hope it continues to go well

Dec 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Well done you that sounds like its going to work out just fine!

How old is the LO?
    XX Jill XX

Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

HOw nice he has settled with you so quickly. Well done x

May 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

He was one last month but never really spent much, if any, time away from mum, dad and grandparents. He's coming back for a morning on Friday, just hope he continues being settled so we can try playgroup!!!

sep 08
    Post Thanks / Like

well done. I have taken on 10month old just one day a week. Today was her 2nd day/week, she was lovely, so smiley n happy.