display boards
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: display boards

Post Thanks / Like

I don't have any display boards in my house nor do I have certificates displayed.

Registered Childminder since
    Apr 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    Parent
    Post Thanks / Like

I thought it was a requirement to have your certificate on display and the Ofsted poster too?

may 11
    Post Thanks / Like

My kitchen walls are my notice board

onceinabluemoon Guest

Quote Originally Posted by nokidshere View Post
    I don't have any display boards in my house nor do I have certificates displayed.
    We are legally required to have our registration cert and the parent poster displayed when we are working hun

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by onceinabluemoon View Post
    We are legally required to have our registration cert and the parent poster displayed when we are working hun
    I have been a childminder for over 10 years. I have never displayed my certificate and it is never mentioned on my inspection report. The certificate is in a display book which is easily accessible should anyone want to see it.

When it has been mentioned at my inspection (although hasn't been for the past two inspections) I ask why do we need to and no-one can give me an answer. We do not have passing trade, the children don't need to see it, the parents get a copy in their welcome file and its no-one elses business. Ofsted cannot not show me any legal requirement for having it displayed, they simply refer me to their guidleines. And, when I emailed for clarification (after having this discussion previously on here) they simply said "its a legal requirement" but could not show me the law that apertains to it - which, to me, is not a good enough reason to do something. I also asked for a reason and they didn't reply to that part of my email. Thats because there is no good reason for us having to have it displayed!

I have no issue with rules and regulations as long as they have a purpose. I refuse to kowtow to Ofsted's silly nonsense without reason.

I am certainly not advocating that anyone else does what I do, simply explaining why I don't.

Sept 03
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I use a cork board for certificates which I hang on an over the door hook in the hall and take down when not working. I put photographs into "picture pockets" and also hang these on over door hooks, they have minding photos on the front and family photos on the back so I just turn them round when I'm not working.
    Artwork goes home or into LJ's as I don't have a playroom and don't want to spend my time off living in a nursery! I try to do lots of garden based artwork - painting stones as ladybirds or people, making raincatchers out of painted plastic bottles, hanging cd's from ribbons etc, I don't mind having this kind of thing in the garden and it looks nice and child friendly.

Sept 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Nokidshere how do you stand re the data protection payment of £40 that cannot be justified apart from admin purposes? They offer no form of protection. There is no reason for it.
    I am holding out on this one till I get an answer and so far no one is bothering. My do applauded me!
    'It's never too late to have a happy childhood' ( Tom Robinson)

Nov 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I use an A4 pocket display too. There is a hook in a hallway and one in the play room! It is on either one of these.....depending on how efficient I am feeling

July 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by loocyloo View Post
    i have all my parents posters/certificates etc in a plastic pocket picture wall hanging thing! that hangs on a hook in my porch opposite the front door. in theory i take it down, in practice i don't!

art work is blutacked to conservatory windows.

i do have some A4 display boards from PTS ( called target boards ) that i put some work or themed pictures in for the children.
    I think this looks lovely, very neat. Think I will be investing too lol!!
    Sam xxx

sep09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

My display board is a large canvas , so very light. My displays ( this is one of them , a work in progress for nchinese new year) They are taken down at the end of the childminding day so I can have my lounge back!! They are stacked in the downstairs loo overnight , which is only used for mindees so doubles up as a cupboard for things Ill need out again the next morning. I do make sure its all cleaned first!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

June 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    OUTSTANDING
    Post Thanks / Like

I bought one of these for my displays, it's quite big and not very expensive
    http://www.officefurnitureonline.co....iceboards.html

May 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

thank you
    Ive been worrying about how to display everything, certificates, menu, parent information and then I'm doing the ECAT and was advised to display info on song/story of the week and ideas on how to help children talk and communicate.
    With all that my entrance was starting to look like an office!!!
    I've just ordered the A4 display so it should keep it a liitle tidier!!! Hopefully the OH will stop moaning now!!!

Apr 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    Parent
    Post Thanks / Like

I have those dragons lol!

I'v ejust ordered one too lol we're all gonna have 'em

Jan 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nokidshere View Post
    ive just had my hall decorated and no way am i having work stuff on my new walls....

but.... i got a A4 size see through foulder and all ofsted and insurance stuff is in that , i asked parents to sign a letter in my visitors book saying that they know where the info is and agree to how its displayed..

after all i pick up and drop off most of my mindees so parents never come to the house much now anyway!!

kids displays are on the wall in play room but if i didnt have a play room i would not put it on my lounge walls ... might bluetac to the patio doors for the day and then send home...

after all this i did use to have work stuff everywhere!! but im going bk to a home from home setting and not a mini nursery... since EYFS most cm's have made a room in their home to be a nursery space with all their continual provisions and paperwork and displays but a lot of my friends dont have an extra room to do this ...

now my kids are older i am sick to the bk teeth of all this stuff and want to down size my provisions but hay where to start lol

Oct 11
    Post Thanks / Like

hi all, loving all the ideas and the pictures your all putting up, where can i find pictures to print off to decorate the area that all this will be for example the 'dragons' so i can stick them on the table etc?

sep09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

i like ******.co.uk for display pictures , ****** and activity village are good too x

Feb 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good Apr 15
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by loocyloo View Post
    i have all my parents posters/certificates etc in a plastic pocket picture wall hanging thing! that hangs on a hook in my porch opposite the front door. in theory i take it down, in practice i don't!

art work is blutacked to conservatory windows.

i do have some A4 display boards from PTS ( called target boards ) that i put some work or themed pictures in for the children.

oh I like this! I used to display on a cork board but this looks much neater

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12