Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Registered Childminder since
    Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Parents!!!!!!!!!!

Can I ask you all a couple of questions please. I just want to see if I am doing the same as everyone else.

If you have a child take holidays how much do you charge eg 100%, 50%, Nil.
    Also
    If you have TTO contracts do you charge anything for the school hols?

I just think some parents want it all.

xxxx

Post Thanks / Like

I charge child/parent holidays and occasional days off in FULL

TTO contracts I charge a small retainer to keep their place over the holidays but if they take holiday during TT then they still pay full fees.

HTH's - someone trying to have their cake and eat it?

Miffy xx
    Keep smiling!

June 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Parent/child off for whatever reason ill, holiday random day off etc = Full Pay
    My time off for holiday, sickenss, MY childs sickness = No Pay

TTO = Full pay term time and Half pay Half term (I am avaiable to work school holidays, if I was unavailable then no charge)

I generally annualise my fees so I get the same each month (I calculate my 4 week unpaid holiday so I dont feel the pinch, also parents know exactly what to pay... sometimes there are deductions if I have time off

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I dont do TTO contracts as i dont have any parents who need this so im not sure what i would do. I would most probably not charge them anything in the holidays as this would suit my family arrangements, as i would love to have holidays free from childminding, however I know some people charge 50% for these holiday periods, however parents could still use their space during this time, and pay the difference up to full fee.

however in regards to mindee not attending my setting it is as simple as if it is their contracted day and they do not turn up for what ever the reason it is 100% fees for the day.

If i am unable to provide a service for any reason be it sickness or holidays it is 0% fee.

The only exception to this rule is bank holidays i am shut but the parent has to pay 100% fee for the day and over Christmas I am shut 21st until 2nd January every year and this too is at 100% full fees.

Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by miffy View Post
    I charge child/parent holidays and occasional days off in FULL

TTO contracts I charge a small retainer to keep their place over the holidays but if they take holiday during TT then they still pay full fees.

HTH's - someone trying to have their cake and eat it?

Miffy xx
    I have a new schoolie only been with me 6 weeks. I charge full fees for childs sickness but only 50% fees for childs holidays providing they give me 4wks notice. Mum advised me a couple of weeks ago that child wouldn't be attending during next months half term week as Dad has got the week off. 2 weeks ago I give her the invoice for February, I have put half term week down as 50% fees. Not only has she not paid the invoice yet, I chased her this morning as it needs to be paid today. She then tells me he isn't coming half term. I tell her yes I know, that's why I only charged you 50% for that week. I then ask her if she wants to change to a TTO contract which means she doesn't pay anything for school hols but the space will not be available for use during this time. She says is that definitely not available or it might be available if we need it. I tell her No, if you are not paying a retainer for the space then it won't be available. I think she was not happy that she has to pay 50% if her child isn't here!!!!!!!! I think she will find I am more than generous with my pricing policies. Think it might be a strained pick-up tonight

Some people just want it all

xxx

Sept 03
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

TTO contracts; I either charge 50% through the holidays (place available to use) or they pay a slightly higher rate in term time and nothing in the holidays (place not available) either way if they take time off in term time there is no reduction.

July07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Child holidays/days off/sickness..Full pay
    My holidays/days off/sickness...no pay

I have TTO parents who if school holidays pay for what they need. Im lucky enough to have a large amount of children so parents are always fighting over a school holiday place and its a first come first served basis.

Dec 03
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Child absent hols/sick; full fee
    My time off ; no fees

TTO i used to charge half price during the holidays to hold their place

but now i'm going to not charge as i would rather not have mindees in the hols as i look after my grandchildren

Some minders charge a slightly higher rate to cover not getting paid in the hols
    Angela x
    Owner of a static holiday caravan in Paignton

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

My holiday, time off = no fee

Child's holiday, time off = full fee

I don't have any TTO contracts at the moment, but when I did I didn't charge anything for holidays. To me, that's what TTO is...term time only, no care in the holidays. That's what parents are asking for, so that's what I'd do. It's almost like a parent saying they only want care on a Monday & Tuesday and you saying well, I'll charge half fee for the rest of the week. They don't want the days saving, so why should they pay for it?

But, if a parent said they wanted TTO and some days in the holidays, I tell them that's not TTO. I would then charge them my all year round fee. The days would be available for them in the hols and it would be up to them if they use them.

If a parent signs up for TTO and then wants the odd day in the hols, they can request them, but I also often have holiday only children, or do holiday cover for other minders, so there is no guarantee the spaces will be there.

Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

my hols - NIL though I charge for BH's
    parent hols - FULL FEE always
    i try to work purely t-time only and therefore don't charge for the school hols
    if you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got

Aug 11
    Post Thanks / Like

TTO I don't charge anything for school holidays but that's because I'm more than happy not to work them!

For child's sickness I charge full fee (was half but have changed it!) and for holidays I charge half for children's holidays provided there has been 4 weeks notice and no charge for my holidays.

sep2001
    Latest Inspection Grade
    CSSIW
    Non childminder member
    Childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

For parents asking for term time only they get charged a retainer during the school holidays. I work 48 weeks of the year and its the parents choice to send or not. If they take an holiday its full fee . If I take an holiday which is 99% of the time in the school holidays there is no charge

I know some do not charge school hols for term time contracts but I am available to work(usually am working) during the school holidays and very rarely get a request for school holidays only so no chance of filling the place.

For all year contracts we have holidays at 50% for them and 50% for me and we try and time it together - hard but we have tried in the past.

Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

I only charge Term Time for my TTO children, on the other hand I will have Holidays only child from September, so it works out well for me.

I charge parents full price for everything unless I'm sick or on holidays

APR 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi

I charge full fee for childs holidays/time off/illness and nothing when I am off.

Term time only - depends, I have only charged for the terms and some contracts I charged half fee throughout the time they did not want to use me.

Hope this makes sense xx

APR 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AliceK View Post
    I have a new schoolie only been with me 6 weeks. I charge full fees for childs sickness but only 50% fees for childs holidays providing they give me 4wks notice. Mum advised me a couple of weeks ago that child wouldn't be attending during next months half term week as Dad has got the week off. 2 weeks ago I give her the invoice for February, I have put half term week down as 50% fees. Not only has she not paid the invoice yet, I chased her this morning as it needs to be paid today. She then tells me he isn't coming half term. I tell her yes I know, that's why I only charged you 50% for that week. I then ask her if she wants to change to a TTO contract which means she doesn't pay anything for school hols but the space will not be available for use during this time. She says is that definitely not available or it might be available if we need it. I tell her No, if you are not paying a retainer for the space then it won't be available. I think she was not happy that she has to pay 50% if her child isn't here!!!!!!!! I think she will find I am more than generous with my pricing policies. Think it might be a strained pick-up tonight

Some people just want it all

xxx
    Make sure you stick to your guns! Cant believe how cheeky this parent is saying 'is that definitely not available?'

In the future (new contracts) would it be easier to say you charge them full for any time they take off?

Hope you work things out xx

Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by twinkletime View Post
    Make sure you stick to your guns! Cant believe how cheeky this parent is saying 'is that definitely not available?'

In the future (new contracts) would it be easier to say you charge them full for any time they take off?

Hope you work things out xx
    Do you know what. I have just re-done my TTO contracts to now say that any time taken off by child during the school terms is at full pay. School hols are no fee. This parent wants to have her cake and eat it I think. Maybe she should call around other childminders to see what they charge and then she will see she gets a good deal from me.

Thanks
    xxx

APR 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AliceK View Post
    Do you know what. I have just re-done my TTO contracts to now say that any time taken off by child during the school terms is at full pay. School hols are no fee. This parent wants to have her cake and eat it I think. Maybe she should call around other childminders to see what they charge and then she will see she gets a good deal from me.

Thanks
    xxx
    Good for you, definitely less hassle for you and like you said I don't think there are many childminders who don't charge for when a child is off, I would mention this to her if she says anything. xx

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

i charge for anytime the child is away/absent/ill, but don't charge if i am not available.

i do termtime only contracts, however, i charge a higher fee for this !
    ( normal hourly fee, say £4.00/hr X 39wks = £156 , then £2.00/hr ( half fees ) X 13 weeks = £26 = £182 / 39weeks = £4.666666 ... so i charge £4.60 a hour for termtime only !!! ) no one has ever made a fuss. then also, if occaisonal holiday care is required and i can provide it, i still charge the higher rate! but it is IF i can, not a given!

Apr 05
    Post Thanks / Like

I have had tto children in the past with ad hoc holiday care. I have only charged or the hours taken during the holidays,but then they are on my terms. I say what days I am not prepapred to do and they fitted in.

It worked for years for me, and I liked having less hassle in the holidays and able to spend time with DS

Oct 08
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by loocyloo View Post
    i charge for anytime the child is away/absent/ill, but don't charge if i am not available.

i do termtime only contracts, however, i charge a higher fee for this !
    ( normal hourly fee, say £4.00/hr X 39wks = £156 , then £2.00/hr ( half fees ) X 13 weeks = £26 = £182 / 39weeks = £4.666666 ... so i charge £4.60 a hour for termtime only !!! ) no one has ever made a fuss. then also, if occaisonal holiday care is required and i can provide it, i still charge the higher rate! but it is IF i can, not a given!
    I do exactly the same as Loocyloo. Extra days in the holidays (if I feel like working!) are offered on a first come, first served basis, and non-refundable payment on booking (as I have been messed about and let down on this before). I also only offer full days in the holidays, as it means we can go out for the day and not be worried about coming home for drop offs or pick ups.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast