Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Giving notice

Registered Childminder since
    jun 10
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Giving notice

Hi, I wasn't too sure where to post this so hope it the right place.
    Anyway, my situation is this......

I've been minding 10yr old after school (2 nights a wk) for just over a yr. she was my second proper mindee. I'm currently full during the days that she attends and I'm finding it a struggle to get the three little ones (2,2 and 10 months) up from nap, ready, in car, out car, in car and home again in the cold and rain on these two days. I have afew other issues with after schooler but carried on as I only had my son (2) until recently.
    After much thought, I have decided to give her notice but I've never done it before and haven't got a clue what to write! Obviously I don't want to say I've had enough! Also, we never had a contract but I'm going to give her to the end of the month because I don't want to leave her in the lurch.
    Any advice will be gratefully accepted!!
    Last edited by sezzle; 02-01-2012 at 08:12 PM.

Pipsqueak Guest

Dear XXX

It is with much regret that i write you to inform you that due to a change in circumstances I am giving notice of termination of contract.

in accordance with our contract I hereby offer 4 weeks notice and the last day of minding will be xxxxxx.

I have enjoyed caring for XXX and would like to take this opportunity to wish you well for the future.

May 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default No Contract??

Hiya Sezzle,

Just wondering why you don't have a contract with her? As this would tell you how much notice to give.

Also, we never had a contract but I'm going to give her to the end of the month because I don't want to leave her in the lurch.
    I've also just given notice to an afterschool for 2 days a week, due to none/late-payments. NCMA legal advice line said I had to give the required notice as on my completed contract, but haven't heard from the parent since, so just hoping I don't have to go and pick him up this week or for the rest of the notice period!!

But not sure where you stand if you didn't complete any sort of contract when yours started?! Good luck and hope things get sorted for you

jun 10
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi, I don't have a contract as when she started I didn't have any and it's always been one of those "I must remember" things. Plus at the start the days/hrs were never the same each week. I was also told that as she is over 8 I don't HAVE to have a contact in place so never rushed to do one. I had mentioned to mum on more than one occasion that we need to get one sorted but she didn't seem that bothered, probably due to the fact that she wanted to swap and change the hrs! All my other children have contracts, I'm usually super efficient at paperwork!

Post Thanks / Like

I would be tempted to add a bit onto your notice letter to say you'd be happy to terminate the arrangement earlier than the end of the month if she finds a suitable alternative (unless you want to carry on for the rest of January)

Miffy xx
    Keep smiling!