Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Registered Childminder since
    dec 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default what SOME parents think of us cm's

Well i was at dh's work do last night. Some of his colleagues know im a cm but most assume im a SAHM as i have a 1 yr old and a 3yr old.

Sitting next two me were 3 women talking about their children and the cm's.
    They got on the subject of their cm's as one said she was gonna "drink herself into oblivion" as the kids are going for an xmas party at the cm's.

Her friend said "i thought they didnt go thursdays" the mum said they dont but the cm is having them for free so they could go to the party. Mum then laughed and said what a mug the cm was for having the kids without pay. The friend said, "give her a nice xmas bonus then" to which the mum replied "no fing way, its bad enough I pay her to sit round on her fat a*** all day!"

They all had a good old giggle at that. Then the 3rd lady piped up how she was suprised that she wasnt called out of work today as she had sent her 18month old to her cm's with bad v&d but "i dosed her up on calpol and told the cm that any d&v would be because she is teething" she went on to say she didnt see the problem as the cm's kids are all teenagers any way".

Dh had his hand on my leg to stop me from swinging at them from across the table. further on in the night when one found out I was a cm she asked me how much I changed as she was looking for a new cm, I took great pleasure in telling her that there was absolutely no way she could afford me!
    PRINCESS DAISY FLOWER

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

How on earth did you manage to keep quiet?

Hugs xx

dec 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

with great difficulty Sarah, I think if it had been any other social situation I wouldn't have. But I knew once I started I wouldnt be able to stop one kept on referring to her cm as "the help" or the "babysitter"
    PRINCESS DAISY FLOWER

Feb 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh my goodness, well done for keeping quiet! I wouldn't have been able to control myself!

July 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

My goodness you must have amazing self control!!!

Nov 93
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

You are one very brave and restrained lady, if it had been me or hubby at that table there would have been headlines in the papers this morning

Apr 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

What charming ladies

feb 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

well done yo not su re I could have been so restrained

Mar 01
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I hope Santa puts coal in their stockings!

Pipsqueak Guest

Once I had bitten of hubbies (restraining) hand I would have ripped them all a new one...ignorant witches

Ex CM
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Non childminder member
    01/01/09
    Post Thanks / Like

Hope they all feel ashamed
    Need a laugh? Visit my website: www.unclegargy.deviantART.com

June 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PRINCESSDAISYFLOWER View Post
    Well i was at dh's work do last night. Some of his colleagues know im a cm but most assume im a SAHM as i have a 1 yr old and a 3yr old.

Sitting next two me were 3 women talking about their children and the cm's.
    They got on the subject of their cm's as one said she was gonna "drink herself into oblivion" as the kids are going for an xmas party at the cm's.

Her friend said "i thought they didnt go thursdays" the mum said they dont but the cm is having them for free so they could go to the party. Mum then laughed and said what a mug the cm was for having the kids without pay. The friend said, "give her a nice xmas bonus then" to which the mum replied "no fing way, its bad enough I pay her to sit round on her fat a*** all day!"

They all had a good old giggle at that. Then the 3rd lady piped up how she was suprised that she wasnt called out of work today as she had sent her 18month old to her cm's with bad v&d but "i dosed her up on calpol and told the cm that any d&v would be because she is teething" she went on to say she didnt see the problem as the cm's kids are all teenagers any way".

Dh had his hand on my leg to stop me from swinging at them from across the table. further on in the night when one found out I was a cm she asked me how much I changed as she was looking for a new cm, I took great pleasure in telling her that there was absolutely no way she could afford me!
    OMG how you stayed quiet I will never know. I am not one to sit and listen to BS like that. I would have had to said something along the lines of

"Well the next time DH has d&v I will make him to go work and see you personally and ensure he spreads his glorious infection with you, it's ok your an adult so it wont matter... And as for you (the moo who had free childcare) I think you should be damn grateful your childminder has the heart to get off her fat a*** for the day to throw a party for your child, and what a shame you do not value the person who looks after you child while you come to work and ***** and snipe about her. But hey being a childminder myself I must say it is good to know that we get paid to sit on our a*** all day "

Aug 08
    Non childminder member
    Childminder!
    Post Thanks / Like

Goodness, that's shocking! I'm not sure I would have been able to hold my tongue! Thank goodness most parents have a lot more respect for their childcare's than that bunch!

Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

I hope they both get D & V all over Christmas

Sept 00
    Post Thanks / Like

Well done for staying quiet.

There are a few women from the slimming world face book page, that I have added as personal friends, one of them was ranting with her friend about how her friend had no money, and my "friend " said well it's because you pay your childminder too much to do nothing. I wasn't quiet and certainly didn't leave her not knowing what I thought about what she'd said. Then she tried to justify her comment by saying I was obviously different to her friends childminder and not money orientated. I let her know how hard we work out of hours how badly we get paid in hours and how much we actually earn and would she work for that.
    She didn't reply to me in fact. Tink she may have deleted me

Oct 97
    Post Thanks / Like

Would so love the childminders in question to identify themselves from this post and tackle these two delightful ladies about what they said! Thank goodness there are more greatful parents out there who think the world of their childminders.

July07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Horrible people

I wouldnt have been so restrained and probably would have said my peice and then got up and sat somewhere else Hopefully hubbie would have backed me up and followed

This is the attitude that makes me feel inferior to others when at toddler groups etc. People thinking Im a babysitter or a skivvy. And as for sitting on our asses, there is somedays (like yesterday) when I only managed to have a 15min sit down in 10hrs

Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

OMG horrible women! what an attitude

I think I might have 'slipped' whilst carrying a large glass of red and spilt it all right over her head or her new party dress
    if you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

i wouldn't have been able to keep quiet at all ! well done OP !!!!

although DH would have been dragging me off to a distant corner before i could speak!

Sept 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default really some people have no shame!

Even with the season of good will upon us there are still people who are utterly ungrateful!

Well done for staying quiet I think you deserve an extra present from Santa!

What I say is " what goes around comes around". So I believe the forces of nature will deal her a terrible blow say like the worst case of D & V for Christmas! Cosmic ordering isn't it!

Merry Xmas every one

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast