Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Registered Childminder since
    July 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Aw that's lovely. I have 4 families at the moment. I am still working so I guess this could change but so far 1 bought a tube of chocolate buttons for my 2 kids (they are my biggest earner with 2 EY kids) but not even a xmas card for me and in comparison other that I only have 12 hours a week gave me £20 in my xmas card plus a selection box for my kids!!! 2 to go, but they are ad hoc, 1 I have had since I first registered and mindee always makes me a card so I am hoping to get another to add to my compliments book! and the other I really do not think they would get me anything as I barely have him really.

sept 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

I mind for seven families - some private and the others are Social Services placements. Yesterday was my last day of working until 3rd Jan and I have had one present.

Now this present is only a small gift - I'm thinking chocolates or shortbread - but it is from one of my social services families, who really have nothing, along with various other issues going on. The LO has only been with me since Sept, for 2 days a week. Every time I take LO home mum is so grateful. So yesterday when I dropped home she gave me the present for having a huge impact on her family, then when LO handed the calendar and tree decs she'd made for mum, mum cried and gave ma a big hug and kiss too.

Now that made me feel appreciated to say the least!

June 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JulieA View Post
    I mind for seven families - some private and the others are Social Services placements. Yesterday was my last day of working until 3rd Jan and I have had one present.

Now this present is only a small gift - I'm thinking chocolates or shortbread - but it is from one of my social services families, who really have nothing, along with various other issues going on. The LO has only been with me since Sept, for 2 days a week. Every time I take LO home mum is so grateful. So yesterday when I dropped home she gave me the present for having a huge impact on her family, then when LO handed the calendar and tree decs she'd made for mum, mum cried and gave ma a big hug and kiss too.

Now that made me feel appreciated to say the least!
    Awww that would mean more to me than any kind of present... How lovely x

Nov 07
    Post Thanks / Like

I am extremely lucky with the families I have. Cards and lovely pressies from them all. My favourite was a basket of home-made goodies and all the weighed out ingredients and instructions to make Christmas muffins and mulled wine! This family know that something like that would appeal to me and I think it is fab

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

i have a child from a family with lots of issues and i was so touched that mum wrote a card saying thank you for everything i had done and how much LO loved coming. this made me cry as mum has severe dyslexia and avoids writing ANYTHING, so i know how much i mean to them.

Aug 11
    Post Thanks / Like

I had my last mindee before Christmas today, he only started in November so he's only been here around 6 weeks and his Mum gave me a lovely card and a £15 TK Maxx voucher. I told her she shouldn't have but she told me that she really wanted to as LO had really settled here in such a short space of time, that made me feel really good

July 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by samb View Post
    Aw that's lovely. I have 4 families at the moment. I am still working so I guess this could change but so far 1 bought a tube of chocolate buttons for my 2 kids (they are my biggest earner with 2 EY kids) but not even a xmas card for me and in comparison other that I only have 12 hours a week gave me £20 in my xmas card plus a selection box for my kids!!! 2 to go, but they are ad hoc, 1 I have had since I first registered and mindee always makes me a card so I am hoping to get another to add to my compliments book! and the other I really do not think they would get me anything as I barely have him really.
    I didn't get a card from my longest standing mindee :-( Oh well. My mindee I have only had 8 times since sept gave me a bottle of wine and smellies and my kids some sweets too!

Post Thanks / Like

Aw you guys! Mum of my first mindee who initially had lots of problems with and I wanted to give notice to so many times but is now fab gave me money to take my three girls ice skating ! She had tried to get a voucher but couldnt get one without booking a time. Said my girls were lovely and so good to her little one.. I was thrilled as we normally take them ice skating at Christmas but havent this year as we couldn't afford it.. Lovely card too saying how happy lo is with us and how pleased they are she is so happy in our home! Makes me feel all squishy inside!!

Post Thanks / Like

I had a small pressie from one set of parents I have had for two years just for 2 nights a week after school. 1 bottle of wine from the 2 children I have full time. 1 child I have had for 3 years 2 of which was full time and now after school broke up today and not even a card. 1 child who I have only had 2 days sent a bottle of wine. I have two finishing tomorrow lets see what happens then xx

Aug 08
    Non childminder member
    Childminder!
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by loocyloo View Post
    also gave me a christmas card that said 'thank you for letting X become part of your family'. so sweet, i almost cried.
    How lovely! That really does go to show how valued you are.

I have had 3 gifts, and 2 lots of "happy Christmas" wished from my parents. One card had a very similar sentiment in it which was wonderful to read.

Apr 05
    Post Thanks / Like

I had a pressie under my tree since last week from a before school mindie. I received flowers and a big bar of chocolate, a lovely thank you card and a big hug from mum from an after schoolie that left me last week.

Today my EY LO turned up with a bag for me with 5 pressies in and a tube of sweets for my Ds along with a card for him with £10 inside. There was also a lovely message in the daily diary, which I will photocopy and pop in my folder

sept 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Parents

All but one set of parents have been lovely, the one not so thoughtful is denining anything different with her son - (struggles with every aspect of life!)i gave a big bags of wrapped presents to her last night and she text when she got home to say where are all her baby wipes he lo 2 1/2 cant get his nappy off quick enough after poop so used them to clean ourselves up Merry christmas one and all love Helly

nov97
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

i have a vw campervan and i know 4 sets of parents have brought me a pressie for the van because the kids have told me but i really love it when i get things that they have gone to a lot of trouble to get me and the kids love it i gave all my mindees pressies they were tshirts with a campervan on i know they will all come back in them in jan

apr 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    'good'
    Post Thanks / Like

After our party yesterday we (3 of us) were given a bottle of wine each from.............................................. .................................................. .................................................. ....12 sets of parents

That's our Christmas'-New Year and Birthday's sorted

Nov 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Well all the family got a pressie from one family ....always very generous....the other 3 .....nowt!! I do so much with the children and they all went away with lots of goodies to give to the parents plus a pressie for them....I never charge for all the lateness etc etc ...it just would be nice to have a card saying one word....thanks

Sept 09
    Post Thanks / Like

My parents have been very generous and I know that a couple of them have had things a bit tight financially this year.

I have had a £25 voucher and a box of chocs from F, a £20 voucher and my two teenage sons had vouchers too from O, a bottle of my favourite (and expensive) perfume from D, a box of chocs from E and a gift voucher from A from her mothers hair salon (she has been my hairdresser for years but I have been minding for her for six months) made out to the amount of "The works".

I have had lovely messages on the Christmas cards and one gran took the time to send me one thanking me. I does mean a lot to be appriciated for the work we do. My cm friend bends over backwards for the families she works with and I know they tell other people about how great she is but they never think to show her, or just tell her.
    Why hasn't Gary Barlow come to my rescue yet?

May 11
    Post Thanks / Like

I've been thoroughly spoilt! I got £30 in a card with a thanks for your support message from 1 parent, a scented candle and selection boxes for my kids from another, a box of chocs and card from 1 and the last turned up last night with a giant cupcake for us all and a bottle of wine, scarf and chocolate brownie for me but what meant most was the card that had a message saying thank you for accepting K into our family and how much she loves us all, brought a tear to my eye when I read it. It really is nice to be appreciated so much.

Fiona

Jul 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I have three families and didn't get a single thing. I wasn't expecting presents, especially as they have not been with me all that long, but I was a little disappointed that I didn't get a single card

June 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Yesterday parent asked me to work late one night as she had a funeral to go and DH wasnt going but doesnt finish work til late so I agreed. Anyway today I had a call from the hospital about an appointment. I called parent to double check the day the funeral was and yes you guess the same day. So I call the hospital and arrange my appointment for the following week as late as possible so parent does not have to leave work too much earlier.

I got a text from her saying that her mum was able to look after the kids for the day so I can have a PAID break!! Awwww

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12