Does anyone have a facebook page for their business?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    jumpinjen Guest

Default Does anyone have a facebook page for their business?

Hi,

I have just joined facebook, gone over to the dark side!

Do you advertise through facebook?

If so, how does it work? what do you put on there? I know facebook and childminding has been controversial in the past!

Thanks, Jen x

aly Guest

i have heres mine
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Little...g/245260320006

its a page rather than a profile and i have linked it to my profile, but its seperate which is good....

you're welcome to like the page

jumpinjen Guest

Not sure I can manage to find that function yet!! Will take a look thanks! is that separate to your main stuff so that someone could read your minding page but not see your private stuff that's going on?

Thanks, Jen x

Registered Childminder since
    Oct 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I have one as well.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Aardva...17650748265350

Again, a business page not a profile. I am the administrator of the page, through my facebook account, but all people can do is 'like' my page. To see my account, they would have to be accepted as my friend.

Once you have a page, you can then use facebook as that page, so I can like things as Aardvark Childcare, as well as me personally.

Quote Originally Posted by "jumpinjen
    you're welcome to like the page
    Done and done.

jumpinjen Guest

Thanks,

do you get enquiries through it? I am listed on some basic business link websites and get most of my enquiries through there but moving in Jan to a new area so looking towards advertising my vacancie there for next year!

Jen x

Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I have one - again mine is a page which people can "like" but it is separate to my own personal profile. There is an option right at the bottom on the screen on your profile which says "create a page".
    mine is
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Sarah-...29648067109473
    I use it to put pics of the activities we have done, art work etc and info re training I have attended as well as advertising vacancies when we have them x

jumpinjen Guest

That's what I was hoping to do, use it as a sort of 'living' newsletter with all the updates I save for them and pics of crafts and activities, new resources, reminders etc.

Thanks for sharing!

Jen x

Oct 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jumpinjen View Post
    Thanks,

do you get enquiries through it? I am listed on some basic business link websites and get most of my enquiries through there but moving in Jan to a new area so looking towards advertising my vacancie there for next year!

Jen x

Not yet, I was planning to use it more as a live newsletter/parents info thing, rather than advertising. Although it is linked to my webpage, so it should help a bit with SEO. I hope!

Oct 11
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a facebook page i think its a fab free advertising space

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I do too. Its a great way of keeping parents informed and I link my blog to it too

If you stick Lynda's Childminding Service into the search bar you'll find me

may 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sdean View Post
    I have one - again mine is a page which people can "like" but it is separate to my own personal profile. There is an option right at the bottom on the screen on your profile which says "create a page".
    mine is
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Sarah-...29648067109473
    I use it to put pics of the activities we have done, art work etc and info re training I have attended as well as advertising vacancies when we have them x
    may I ask where you got your 'giant bricks' from or who they are made by so I can google them please

Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mushpea View Post
    may I ask where you got your 'giant bricks' from or who they are made by so I can google them please
    I got them from Makro but Argos do them too not sure if they are exactly the same but they do have them x
    They are fab the children love them - they are great for indoor and outdoor use x

Oct 11.
    Latest Inspection Grade
    x Good x
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a page and a separate account, parents are added to my account and i update once a week with what we have been up to and any reminders. 2 of my mindees don't live with their dads so its nice that there is a link for the dads to see what they have been up to xx
    You can’t have everything. Where would you put it?