can I still childmind after being diagnosed with COPD
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Post Thanks / Like

Default can I still childmind after being diagnosed with COPD

I'm a registered chidlminder and three weeks ago I was diagnosed with COPD, "Cronic obstructive pulmonary disease". I now use a Bipaps breathing machine, with air only, over night for 6 hours, I do not require anything during the day at all.

What I would like to know is, am I still able to childmind legally, if anyone on this forum can give any advice it would be appreciated.

Apr 09
    Post Thanks / Like

why wouldn't you?

is there anything about your condition that puts any child at risk of harm? if not then I cannot see how it would prevent you minding. I mean childminders are all about equality - and that extends to adults as well
    triangle sandwiches are better than square ones...

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

As with any big changes to you or your house or your provision - you need to contact Ofsted and inform them of your change of circumstances.

They might refer you to their medical people for a check and they may need to speak to your doctor.

You must report to Ofsted within 14 days as required by the Eyfs.

Take care of yourself xx