poppy artwork
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: poppy artwork

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    728
    Registered Childminder since
    Oct 10
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default poppy artwork

    We have made the loveliest poppy potato prints today. I cut a potato in half, made it shaped as the paper poppies you wear (as in cut a little "waist" to make two petals sort of). These were dipped in red paint and printed.

    Then cut a small potato for a middle circle, dipped in black and printed in the middle. They came out so nice! Even the youngest children made lovely black and red printed pictures - and when I told parents they were actually poppies they saw it too.

    Also, tomorrow we will make scones with poppy seeds.

    xx

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    By the sea
    Posts
    8,937
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    That sounds lovely & I might pinch the idea for tomorrow.

    The only problem is I don't think I've got any potatoes in, though I have got some sponges I could try it with

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    La La Land
    Posts
    194
    Registered Childminder since
    July 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    This sounds great - i am going to do this on Friday too!

    I am looking for some nice printable poppies to paint too - anyone have any they can share please? I have seen ones with lots of poppies, but I want a picture of just a big poppy flower!
    “Children are like wet cement. Whatever falls on them makes an impression.”

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    In a house
    Posts
    2,921
    Registered Childminder since
    July07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Sounds good

    I did some sponge painting today. Cut a sponge into a poppy shape and then stuck a black circle in the middle of each.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    In my own little world
    Posts
    1,022
    Registered Childminder since
    apr 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    'good'
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Those idea's are lovely,

    We had paper plates with a splodge of red paint in the middle and let the child spread the paint around with their hands, they made lots of lovely patterns, swirls and finger prints. Then they scattered lots of little black dots in the middle (hole punch black card) and shook some clear glitter over the top of it all.

    When they were dry I drew a poppy shape around the plate with a marker pen and the children that were able cut the shape out, for the babies I cut the shape.

    They look lovely

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    608
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    the children centre i go to had red leaves and black centres cut out of card for them to stick on green card, looks lovely, mine loved it their very oen poppy field

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    31,017
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pandypops View Post
    This sounds great - i am going to do this on Friday too!

    I am looking for some nice printable poppies to paint too - anyone have any they can share please? I have seen ones with lots of poppies, but I want a picture of just a big poppy flower!
    There's one here

    http://www.bigactivities.com/colorin...pies/index.php

    and I used these (mindees finger painted them and then we added glitter)

    https://www.kinderplans.com/userfiles/largepoppy.pdf

    Miffy xx
    Keep smiling!

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    31,017
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by keeks View Post
    We have made the loveliest poppy potato prints today. I cut a potato in half, made it shaped as the paper poppies you wear (as in cut a little "waist" to make two petals sort of). These were dipped in red paint and printed.

    Then cut a small potato for a middle circle, dipped in black and printed in the middle. They came out so nice! Even the youngest children made lovely black and red printed pictures - and when I told parents they were actually poppies they saw it too.

    Also, tomorrow we will make scones with poppy seeds.

    xx
    I love that idea - thank you

    Miffy xx
    Keep smiling!

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    728
    Registered Childminder since
    Oct 10
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    This picture doesn't show how lovely they actually look for some reason, but you get the idea anyway.

    xx
    Attached Images Attached Images

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    in the meadow dreaming of Edward ...
    Posts
    5,012
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    aw lovely x

    we made some poppy wreaths today, cut the centre out of a paper plate, printed some poppy templates off and coloured them in, cut them out and glued them round the edge of the plate slightly overlapping, they look really georgeous xxx
    Love Mrs Edward Cullen x

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    In a house
    Posts
    2,921
    Registered Childminder since
    July07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by keeks View Post
    This picture doesn't show how lovely they actually look for some reason, but you get the idea anyway.

    xx
    They are very similar to the ones we made
    But I used a black circle of tissue paper as I had ran out of black paint

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    La La Land
    Posts
    194
    Registered Childminder since
    July 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by miffy View Post
    There's one here

    http://www.bigactivities.com/colorin...pies/index.php

    and I used these (mindees finger painted them and then we added glitter)

    https://www.kinderplans.com/userfiles/largepoppy.pdf

    Miffy xx
    PERFECT! Thanks Miffy
    “Children are like wet cement. Whatever falls on them makes an impression.”

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Quick Links and Advertisements

Important Information Links
Some Useful Quick Links
Advertisements

 

You can also find us on:
poppy artwork poppy artwork poppy artwork

We use cookies to make this site as useful as possible. They are small text files placed in your browser to track usage of our site but they don’t tell us who you are.
By continuing to use this site you are consenting to cookies being placed on your computer. Find out more here: Cookies in Use

Childminding Help and the Childminding Forum are part of Childcare.co.uk