Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Poor Mindee :(

Registered Childminder since
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Why would she do that? Let them believe as long as possible I say. Santa, Easter Bunny, Tooth fairy - such magical memories! I really hope nobody ruins it for my daughter before she figures it out for herself - I will not be happy if they do.

Apr 05
    Post Thanks / Like

My son is almost 9 and he still believes. We did have a wobble a couple of years ago when a friend told him, but I managed to bluff my way round it.

I cant imagine a mother telling her child, all the magic of xmas disappears for both the child and the parent when they stop believing

sep09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

When my ds was 5 ish he went to the park with a friend and an older boy told them there was no such thing as God.
    I was a little shocked when he told me til he said - ''its ok mummy I knew he was lying. He said theres no such thing as Father Christmas too!''

Non childminder member
    parent
    Post Thanks / Like

I was told by my brother at the age of 6(he showed me my presents in my mom's wardrobe!!). My son figured it out, but knows that if he doesn't carry on the charade, he will not get anything, so every year he helps make up the plate of biscuits and hot chocolate for father Christmas. My daughter thinks he's real, and I will let her for as long as she wants.

When she starts to ask the question, then I will tell her it's me 'cos Santa has to go to the younger children!!!

Nov 09
    Post Thanks / Like

I can still remember my brother telling me when i was about 8 and i was devastated! my son is 11 and last year he still believed and he kind of wants to still believe now....he has been told to keep his thoughts to himself if the little ones are around as my my partner and i would be so upset if his sister,who is 3 didn't have the magic of christmas that he has had for the the last 11 years!

Jul 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

That is so sad for your mindee

My DD age 8 believes, and she also writes to her tooth fairy, and has made her a christmas present. It is magical.

July 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Poor little mite!

When I was about 5 or 6 I stayed awake and peeped out of the covers and saw my nan (living with us at the time) with a santa hat on putting pressies in my room!

I started to ask questions and my parents told me that she was helping santa! I believed them and never questioned it until probably around 11/12.

Parents really should stop trying to make their children grow up too soon! They are only children once!

Hope he is okay hun x

Dec 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good ;-)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

That's really sad

My now 14 year old DD was 11 almost 12 - it was thanks to high school I think.
    About October/November time, she asked if the tooth fairy was real. I told her that everytime someone said the tooth fairy wasn't real another one died... she looked at me for about 2 minutes and said 'they're not real are they mum?' I said no love, sorry...
    within 3 more weeks she also discovered where babies really came from and about the big man himself

Talk about totally bursting her childhood bubble lol

As for my little man, currently 11, well, I think he's still hedging his bets on the grounds that if there's no santa, there's no presents lol. He's not actually asked, or mentioned anything, and I'm happy to keep the secret till he brings it up like DD, which I'm kinda expecting AFTER Christmas lol

Their dad however was 3 or 4 when he found out He showed an expensive prezzie to his dad and said 'look Dad, look what Santa brought me!' His reply was 'It wasn't ruddy Santa...it was me' He said his whole world crumbled that day. I cried when he told me

may 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

my daughter is 13yrs and I'm sure she knows but she dosent let on but then I say 'no father christmas , no presants' even though they get at stocking their main pressies go under the tree and they know they are from us,,
    my son is 11yrs and I dont think he has twigged yet but he is imature for his age ,
    I wouldnt tell either of them unless they asked me, now they are older I would probaby be honest with them about it all. but at 8yrs old when he still belives thats really mean to say he dosent exist, due you think its because she cant really afford christmas so shes trying to cut down on what he recives and by saying there is no santa then she wont have to provide a stocking

LOOPYLISA Guest

I still tell my dd (13) hes real

She believed up untill a late age, i say don't let them grow up too soon x

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I have three children age 8, 6 and 4 and they all firmly believe in Santa. One of my mindees who is 8 was having a few doubts as some of his class mates told him santa did not exist. His mum called me to one side at school last week and told me she didnt know what to say to him when ihe asked if Santa was real. I replied that it half the magic of christmas to say that he exists and explained how you can even track his movments on the internet christmas eve with Nordad.

She told me she was disgusted that as a childminder I would lie to a child!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and that my son was being asked to be picked on as he still believes at the age of 8. I am still shocked and tried to explain that it is not lying to say that santa exists BUT dont think I changed her mind. I love my children writing their lists, getting excited and even hearing the chatter over breakfast about how Santa gets into peoples homes without chimneys (we have a special key in our house). Its just really really sad that parents feel this way.

Helen

Post Thanks / Like

I thought I'd put my foot in it with 8yo mindee today.... group of them sat watching a bit of tv after school, and this particular little lad was saying 'I want that, I'm guna get that for christmas' etc etc for every single advert between programmes!

I said to him 'you're going to have to write father christmas a very long letter then!' and I was SO worried he was going to say FC doesn't exist in front of all the much younger mindees... but his response:

'I've already written to him silly!' Bless!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12