Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Apr 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Ooow can you believe it?!?!

After finally getting another mindee (only have a 2 day a week before and after schoolie) and all set to start on monday.....my ds has come up in spots on his face tonight, looks like chicken pox

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh no! My friend had to cancel her first day with her first mindee but it didn't make a difference in the long run! At least you can give her a couple of days notice if you have to cancel. Hope your LO is okay.

Apr 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Maza View Post
    Oh no! My friend had to cancel her first day with her first mindee but it didn't make a difference in the long run! At least you can give her a couple of days notice if you have to cancel. Hope your LO is okay.
    Thank you.

Apr 09
    Post Thanks / Like

check with mum of new mindee and see if new mindee has had chicken pox. My daughter had it for the 2nd time and I emailed all parents. They all came in as planned - the ones who had had it already and the ones who hadn't had it yet in the hope they would get it. In 3 years my 2 girls have had chicken pox 3 times between them and i've not lost a days work - most parents are keen for their kids to get it.

if your little one does have it highly recommend a warm bath of oat milk and bicarb of soda ( soak porridge oats in a sock or muslin to get the milk out) the milk is soothing and bicard helps dry out the spots - very effective
    triangle sandwiches are better than square ones...

dec 03
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree they may still want to bring them
    H4H supporter 'per mare per terram'

Apr 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by uf353432 View Post
    check with mum of new mindee and see if new mindee has had chicken pox. My daughter had it for the 2nd time and I emailed all parents. They all came in as planned - the ones who had had it already and the ones who hadn't had it yet in the hope they would get it. In 3 years my 2 girls have had chicken pox 3 times between them and i've not lost a days work - most parents are keen for their kids to get it.

if your little one does have it highly recommend a warm bath of oat milk and bicarb of soda ( soak porridge oats in a sock or muslin to get the milk out) the milk is soothing and bicard helps dry out the spots - very effective
    Thanks for your advice.

I hadn't thought about mindee may have already had them! I have heard of people wanting their lo's to catch it so as to get it over with when they're younger, will see what the parents want to do.

Both my elder children have had it, the middle one twice!

Sept 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

I would not worry oo much, I can't wait for someone I know to get chicken pox I want my boys to get it before they go to school lol x

Oct 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Typical realy isnt it, we had lots planned in the run up too and over christmas, my husband then got swine flu and my daughter gor bronchitis so we were under lock and key in the house for 2 weeks and missed all the parties etc!!

Jul 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

as all above have said really. Let the parents know and let them decide wether they still want to send them or not. A lot of people I have talked to about this would rather their child gets it while they are younger