Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Mar 10
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Replace it, or not?

What would you do?
    Yesterday I left my own child's rabbit-comforter on a train by accident. He never had a dummy but loves this rabbit and takes it everywhere. He is 2yrs 4mths, so should I take this opportunity to give his comforter up or order a new one because he does get so much comfort from it?

Nov 90
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I would give it a few days and see how he gets on before deciding

Cx

July 08
    Post Thanks / Like

how about getting him a cuddly rabbit in the same colour instead - so he can get comfort from a toy rather than from a comforter iykwim.
    I had a cuddly cat right up until I was about 15 (the same one I had when I was 4ish)
    Blessed Be!

oct 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

firstly i would ring the train company and see if it has been found, if so they will post it to you.

you could buy a new one but he prob wont take to it as it wont 'smell' the same lol

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by christine e View Post
    I would give it a few days and see how he gets on before deciding

Cx
    I'd do this too and also ring the train company as it might have been handed in or found by the cleaners.

Miffy xx
    Keep smiling!

sept 09
    Post Thanks / Like

I still have mine and I'm 34 lol can't sleep without it!
    Find him a new one else I will

Post Thanks / Like

I would buy him a new one. If the train company find the original then at least you've got a spare one just in case it gets lost again.

oct 07
    Post Thanks / Like

If the original one isnt found i would def get a new one.

my boys (and me!) all have a blanket and teddy and have had since tiny babies.

i cannot for the life of me see whats wrong with a child having a special comforter that makes them feel happy and secure.

dec 03
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

My son ( now pictured as the blonde in my profile picture ) dropped his comforter off a peir when he was 4 , it was a barbar the elephant , he was devastated ! So his dad jumped off , swam out and got it , much to the amusement of a passing ferry .
    He still has this barbar today guarding his room whilst he's serving , I see nothing wrong with comforters , so I'd replace it if he willl accept it that is
    H4H supporter 'per mare per terram'

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

He might cope without it for now but he might ask for it if he is ill or spends a night away from you! I would be prepared and buy a new one if the train company don't have it.

May 11
    Post Thanks / Like

I would replace it! My 10 yr old still sleeps with his!

apr 08
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes Id replace,
    My eldest (13) has a cuddly cow who sleeps on his bed.
    My 10 yr old still has a muslin and a small toy Racoon that goes everywhere with him
    Mandy
    Anyone got any Chocolate Buttons?

nov 02
    Post Thanks / Like

sorry but i'd have to disagree with everyone here, i wouldnt replace it and mainly for the reasons that everyone states, none of my own children ever had a comforter like this -except for a dummy which is very easily replaced and taken away when the time is right, i also dont encourage my little ones i care for to have a particular toy and wouldnt take one on an outing if they brought one incase of lose. just my opinion

Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

I am not sure on this one

All my dc's have had comforters or dummies when they were little and I kind of think there is nothing wrong with them having a comforter so I think replace it

....... but I also think that a child is better off in the long run not having to rely on a toy or dummy to feel secure so would encourage a child to give them up as soon as possible.

With a child age 2 + 4 months I think I would be sending the rabbit to live with Father Christmas in a few weeks any way but I would rather prepare them for this.

Sorry I have not been much help...... I dont know what I would do

Post Thanks / Like

my daughters both still have their cuddle teddies, now aged 16 and 12. At times of stress and strife they still come out for a cuddle. Aged 6 one had to undergo serious surgery and the hospital used her ted to explain the surgery and prepare her for what to expect with tubes, lines, drains when she woke up afterwards, Somehow it got lost and thrown away with the theatre sheets, the anaesthetist was so cross she personally went to search the laundry for it - luckily it turned up and lived to undergo several more procedures, jabs, etc - poor thing

Pipsqueak Guest

Youngest and eldest sons do not have a comforter or special toys however middle son does. Its his cot blanket from when he was teeny. My fault entirely - he just to get quite porly as a teeny and I tucked him up on the sofa with it one day with me stroking his head and the blanket has stuck.

he is now 11 and it goes EVERywhere with him. It is now in tatters - absolute rags, and I have offered to sew it into a cushion or something to try to preserve it a bit better as it will not survive many more washes. I even found him about 1 yr ago an identical cot blanket that he thanked me for and hung on the end of his bed.

this blanky is his 'safe' world, comfort if he is having a hard time, poorly, frightened, just wants a snuggly, hurting, upset/unsure etc..... who the heck am I to deny him.

I have a special ted who is 36 years old and he is my comfort in times of trouble.

get your young'un a new one but ring the trains too

sept 09
    Post Thanks / Like

My silky petticoat goes on holiday, hospital stays, bed, and the sofa in the evening.
    It's not on display it's discreet and I love it lol.

Ok so now you all know I'm a freak

apr 08
    Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=pinky33;1001740]My silky petticoat goes on holiday, hospital stays, bed, and the sofa in the evening.
    It's not on display it's discreet and I love it lol.

Ok so now you all know I'm a freak [/QUOTE]

I actually think you very brave telling everyone.
    Mandy
    Anyone got any Chocolate Buttons?