Don't you just hate it when...
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Aug 10
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Don't you just hate it when...

...parents moan at you about how much their bill is - like how dare you invoice them for the service you have provided!!

I wonder if they tut when their hairdresser says "that'll be £x please" ?!

Apr 09
    Post Thanks / Like

smile sweetly and say - and i'm worth every penny! and mean it.
    triangle sandwiches are better than square ones...

Post Thanks / Like

Crazy isn't it? they moan about the cost of paying someone for taking good care of what should be the most precious thing they have, but think nothing of spending xyz getting hair/nails/spray tan done for a night out

Post Thanks / Like

You do wonder sometimes whether some parents realise that they have to pay us.

I have had one mother call me from her work telling me that my bill was ridiculous and she wasn't going to pay it, so I checked it again, and I had undercharged her (maths not being my strong suit!) After much wailing and gnashing of teeth, she eventually paid me.

I do get the impression from some parents that my bill comes after nights out and dog grooming in their personal budgets!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Narnia34 View Post
    You do wonder sometimes whether some parents realise that they have to pay us.

I have had one mother call me from her work telling me that my bill was ridiculous and she wasn't going to pay it, so I checked it again, and I had undercharged her (maths not being my strong suit!) After much wailing and gnashing of teeth, she eventually paid me.

I do get the impression from some parents that my bill comes after nights out and dog grooming in their personal budgets!

Have to agree we don't seem to be high on the list of priorities when it comes to paying I am sure some parents think we just do this job for "pocket money", not because WE actually have bills to pay and food to buy (for their little darlings) too!!!

time_4_change Guest

I have got all this to come ... still waiting for the phone calls. it is the part of cm i am not looking forward too.

I have a 15month old and changed my hours at my current job so our son could be at home with us BUT if i did send my son to a childminder then the bill would have been top of list, this is because he is precious and because i would want good care for him! some people have their priorites all mixed up don't they! i also hate how people presume it is pocket money. My grandad asked me why i was going into babysitting and not a 'proper' job (good job it was my grandad that said this, i can let it go over my head and forgive him) but saddly this is how alot of ppl think

x

Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

makes me angry when they say i wont be able to pay you till next week/monday etc and then find out inadvertantly they have been out at the weekend drinking/shopping etc and spent a fortune, i charge late fees £5 for every day they are late paying so it costs them more in the long run to pay me late, at the end of the day I have said before now if your boss said to you oh we cant pay you till next week we know it should be today but thats ok isnt it ??? they wouldnt be happy as they have bills etc to pay... well so do I xxx
    Love Mrs Edward Cullen x