Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Double Pram

Registered Childminder since
    Aug 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Double Pram

Hi Guys
    I have read many threads about double pram just need your advice - I have a small 2.5 yr old and 1.5 yr old starting with me in 4 weeks, had a look at the baby jogger double city mini in a shop the other day really like the look and feel of the pram and that it is easy to fold, felt light to push any advice guys before I go and purchase it as I am new to childminding.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I looked at that one a while ago when I was wanting a double. It did look good and was small and easy to fold but some of the reviews said it was a bit unstable and tipped if both children were lying down or there were bags on the back.

I ended up with the Mothercare Urban Detour - so far so good

Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

I have had an icandy pear, expensive and not the best to push,

out n about nipper, loved it but side by side and I couldn't get in to soft play (I had to buy an ABC triple which also goes to a side by side double so sold my beloved nipper)

Jane power twin, it hurt my wrist's to push,

and I now have a phil and teds which I said I would never buy because I didnt like the look of them, but it really is the best buggy for me as a child minder.

I dont know about the one you have seen but try lots out in the shops before you decide

Post Thanks / Like

I have had many doubles including the jane powertwin which I hated and now I have the baby jogger but I have the Elite twin and love it !!! its not unstable.

Dec 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I liked the jane powertwin until they got bigger and the baby needed to lie flat at the back but the older one had no leg room at the front.

I now have a bebecar duo tandem and its fab, both seats lie flat and can face you, its a tank though but perfect for sleeping little ones.

I've kept my Phil & Teds for when it snows as well :-)
    Paula

sept 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

can not beat out & about nipper
    CWR

Dec 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a nipper 360 which I love, the downside is even when folded it is quite big.

I had heard a rumour on here that the baby jogger city mini will fit in a zafra boot with all of the seats up. Anybody know if it's true? (Sorry to hijack!)

I'm thinking of changing my nipper for the baby jogger, so I'll be watching with interest.

Aug 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MaffAnna View Post
    I have a nipper 360 which I love, the downside is even when folded it is quite big.

I had heard a rumour on here that the baby jogger city mini will fit in a zafra boot with all of the seats up. Anybody know if it's true? (Sorry to hijack!)

I'm thinking of changing my nipper for the baby jogger, so I'll be watching with interest.
    HI thanks guys for all you advice
    Going to buy the baby jogger city mini as it ticks all of the boxes for me, bothe seats can lie flat for the younger ones and I like the idea that the hood can also be used when sunny so no need for a umbrella, feels very sturdy also I like that it has two wheels at the front and easy to manovere I have a zafira so MaffAnna will let you know if the rumour is true that it can fit in the zafira when seats are up.

Dec 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Fatima, that would be great.
    Nowhere here stocks them, so I'd have to order from the net. Not going to do that until I know for sure!

onceinabluemoon Guest

the BJCM is quite wide so check it fits through your front door before you buy it.

aug 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MaffAnna View Post

hi yes it will but you have to take the wheels off
    tryed one larst week in my car

Aug 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Loz74 View Post
    hi yes it will but you have to take the wheels off
    tryed one larst week in my car
    Thanks great to know it goes in the car - i'm lucky I have french doors which leads straight from the living room into the hall should the little ones be asleep also handy that I live in a bungalow.