Sickness policy wording help
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    May 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Question Sickness policy wording help

Hi everyone, just need your opinions on this please..... I am currently re-doing my sickness policy ready for the germy season lol and I want to add into my sickness and diarrhoea part about "loose" nappies!!!

How many "loose" nappies would you think is acceptable for one child to do in one day???? before sending home????/

I am determined this year to be stricter with this as I am fed up of me and my family being poorly because parents think it is acceptable to send their ill children to me!!!!

Thank you xxx
    Is it Friday yet?

Sept 03
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I think it would depend on the child. My own two ate loads of fruit & veg so all their nappies were "loose" and when I used nurseries / childminders they used to tell me this when I picked them up, but this was normal for them. If they were poorly though then there was a definite difference in their nappies, but I think it would be different for each child.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't think I would like to try and put a number on it, especially in a policy.

Perhaps it might be better to reword your policy to make it crystal clear that you will send home any child you think is unwell.

Miffy xx
    Keep smiling!

sep09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree , its impossible to put a number on.
    Just one very bad nappy is enough for it to be obvious some children are very unwell - for others this may be relatively 'normal'.
    I prefer to leave it so that I can use my experience and professional judgement to decide when to send a child home rather than tying myself into a policy.

dec 08
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi, as previous people have said I don't think you can put a number on it but there is a difference between loose nappys when there teething to completely liquid nappies.
    What I do as well as the policy which I don't think half the parents read anyway, I go through sickness and Ill children with parents when they first visit, I do make sure they know from the start that I don't look after sick kids and I know it can be difficult when you need to be in work and there Ill etc, I have to say you need to be firm on this otherwise people take advantage, I have refused children before now when they've arrived with high temps 39+ and clearly unwell, and you have mum saying oh they were fine when we left home, yea I don't think so, take the poor lo home, I just don't get some parents.

May 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks everyone I have made it at clear as day that I do not accept poorly children on my policy and yes I agree we do get to know what sort of poo's the children do x
    Is it Friday yet?