Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Registered Childminder since
    Nov 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NicoleW View Post
    Thank you for the advice.

I think I was just looking at something to vent my frustration out on after how she treated me. Oh well, live and learn and move on and all that.
    She really did treat you very shabbily though I understand why you feel angry. But sadly, even though we;d all like to get her back for you, there's not really anything to be done other than to fill her spot with the cutest kid ever which I have my fingers crossed you will. x

Ex CM
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Non childminder member
    01/01/09
    Post Thanks / Like

There is an unregistered carer at our school, but I've known her for years and she does not charge to look after the children, just gets the parents to provide food.
    She is in her 50s and just likes to look after them. She never has more than two under 5's at a time.
    I used to get really annoyed about it, but now I ask her as a favour to collect MY own two DDs from the school gate (50yds) from car park, when all my mindees are fast asleep.

Also, I get to keep tabs on who she is looking after
    Need a laugh? Visit my website: www.unclegargy.deviantART.com

June86
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I thought that parents couldn't claim tax credits unless they used a registered childminder.

May 03
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I worked for over a year as an unregistered minder. There, I've said it.

Depends on the circumstances really.

I worked as a secretary for some top firms for 15 years and then had baby no. 1 (he's now 19 at the weekend and going off to university next week).

No 2 came along and I was doing cleaning/ironing jobs.

No 3 came along and while first two were at nursery/school I decided to take her along to my cleaning job.

Mum had a nanny who was leaving and asked if I was interested in the job as she knew me etc.

Did this for over a year looking after her twins (in my home) and then realised I would be a good childminder! and decided to register.

Pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

There is a couple across the road to me who are unregistered childminders. I only know this as a lot of the people from work use them.

They charge £90 a week for care. I've been trying to decide if I should report it, but if I did, everyone would know it was me

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12