who can top my funniest LO moment while being inspected.....
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Registered Childminder since
    Oct 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good :-)
    Post Thanks / Like

Default who can top my funniest LO moment while being inspected.....

Picture this - Mrs O sat at the head of table while im preparing lunch for the children, they sat waiting nicely having a drink.

Little 3 yr old boy says to little 13 mnth old while sat in high chair

"hey S give me some skin" and puts his fist up towards her hand for her to bang hands.

i was speech less - and laughing at the smae time. Luckly i seen Mrs O smiling in corner of my eye. pah pah hahahah
    Weightloss -2lbs (14lb to go)

Feb 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    13/03/11
    Post Thanks / Like

Can't top it lol but my inspector asked my mindee his name and he replied with the biggest yawn of his life. To which my inspector relied am I boring you!!?!? And can't blame him lol

Oct 11.
    Latest Inspection Grade
    x Good x
    Post Thanks / Like

this was whilst working in a nursery we were inspected and we were having lunch, the ofsted lady stood next to a little girl and the little girl used the ofsed ladies skirt to wipe her nose. ha ha ha

dec 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

One of my mindees booted mrs o in the shin!
    PRINCESS DAISY FLOWER

Dec 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

We came in from the garden to get ready for lunch - stopping at the bathroom to wash our hands, as you do, and once the kids and i were all done the youngest child that day (27 months at the time) pointed at the inspector and, in no uncertain terms, told her "WASH YOUR HANDS LADY!!!" - the inspector was in hysterics but did as she was told and then said mindee passed her a paper towel from the dispenser i was so proud!!! xx

Dec 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

My two dd's as soon as Mrs O sat down went up to her and gave her a hug and one climbed on her knee. She loved it, but I felt like she must have thought it was planned but I have never seen them do that to a stranger before! I kept apologising to wish she just laughed and said it had been such a long time since she had had any cuddles.
    Paula

July 08
    Post Thanks / Like

my oh so lovely son said to the ofsted inspector - mum puts the cot in the cupboard, thats where the baby's sleep!!
    what he meant was the baby's sleep in the cot - and when its not in use i store it in the cupboard!!!! not sure if i protested too much at that one!
    Blessed Be!

Jun 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Grade 6
    Post Thanks / Like

My 3 yo mindee was looking through his portfolio with my officer, she asked him what his favourite thing to do with Alison is, his reply.....'go to the pub'!!

In my defence, it was a child friendly pub with a play area
    Ali xx

Nov 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Not child related.... but on my pre-inspection my dog decided to chew at his own bum and preceded to scoot across the living room on it leaving a mark on my carpet. I was absolutely mortified! He's never done that before and has never done it since. It HAD to be when she was there didn't it? Luckily I don't think she noticed.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

These are fab!!!

My son (almost 2yrs at the time) threw a football at Mrs O from point blank range and missed smacking her in the face by about a millimetre - and only thanks to the huge duck she had to do to avoid it!!!
    He was still learning that you need to let people know you want to play catch before you throw the ball!!!! I never thought for a second he would do it to a complete stranger.
    Thankfully my inspector thought it was hilarious - phew!
    Last edited by georgie456; 19-08-2011 at 09:06 AM. Reason: terrible spelling!!!
    Georgina x

Mar02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Mrs O was finishing off at the end of her 3 hours with some questions.

She asked me if I took any non-prescription medication or alcohol. I said no.

My lovely dd, then aged 3 said "Mummy you are lying, you do!"
    Luckily she'd got the measure of my daughter after being with her for 3 hours!!

Hoping she'll be at school next time!

Rachel x

BuggsieMoo Guest

Mine is not with ofsted but with my level 3 assessor. She was here the other week assessing me for one of my assignments and I had daughter aged 4, mindee aged 17 months and mindee aged 5. We were looking at our caterpillers and mindee aged 5 years said 'wow its got a really big nose', my daughter replied 'no it doesnt, it doesnt have a nose'. I therefore asked her 'if the caterpillar does not have a nose, how do you think he smells?' both mindee and my daughter wrinkled up their noses, stuck them next to the caterpillar and had a massive sniff and responded 'mmm yummy'. Both me and the inspector where in fits of laughter.
    Lisa x

Feb 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

My inspector had a wireless mouse for her laptop. My son walked up and stole it! He then ran it across the carpet making car noises, lol!

June 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    OUTSTANDING
    Post Thanks / Like

When I worked at nursery, the Ofsted lady came in whilst I was doing a craft activity, she asked one of the children their name and she replied with "I'm not telling you because I don't know you" We had been learning about stranger danger so some brownie points for us there

Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

At my last inspection i asked one of the girls if she was o.k..."No!" she replied "My knickers are stuck up my bum!!!

Aug 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

My DS was about 15 mths when I was inspected. He ended up sitting on my (very lovely) inspector's knee playing with her laptop.

Jan 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

for my pre-reg chat my calm balance daughter, 3, decided to really muck me about. i gave her paper and scissors next to O lady. Five mins later i realise she was running around the house with the scissors! little rotter, i nipped off caught her and hid them in a vase. dont think O noticed?????

Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

LOL! Can't top that one - got us all laughing here!!

My last inspection lo fell over and split his eyebrow open on the coffee table - got full points for my 1st Aid skills though

Jan 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mr man View Post
    Picture this - Mrs O sat at the head of table while im preparing lunch for the children, they sat waiting nicely having a drink.

Little 3 yr old boy says to little 13 mnth old while sat in high chair

"hey S give me some skin" and puts his fist up towards her hand for her to bang hands.

i was speech less - and laughing at the smae time. Luckly i seen Mrs O smiling in corner of my eye. pah pah hahahah
    Oh how funny.
    My funniest/ embarrassing moment was at an inspection (prior to Ofsted) when 2 people arrived to do my check. My Boxer dog took a liking to one of them and sat on her lap for most of the time she was here and my then 18mth old Mindee emptied her breifcase !!!!! I later found out that was her 1st inspection and she was being "observed" Poor woman, luckily all was good I passed and so did she and was my "inspector" for the next few years.

Oct 97
    Post Thanks / Like

During one of my inspections, 2 year old mindee took mummy and daddy figures in the dolls house, put them in the bed and made very realistic noises. I asked what they were doing to which she replied " mummy is cold and daddy is warming her up!". I nearly died, inspector nearly fell off her chair laughing.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast