who can top my funniest LO moment while being inspected.....
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    jumpinjen Guest

Mine patted the inspectors tummy and asked her why she was so fat - I nearly died of embarrassment, she just laughed and said she ate too much, then i explaiend to LO why that might upset some people and that it was rude! I still got good though!!

jen x

Registered Childminder since
    sept 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

On my last inspection the little bot I had was quite keen for Mrs O to leave as she was sat on the playroom sofa where he played cars, so was in his way. Everytime she adjusted herself he would dash off to get her shoes.

And also, not an Ofsted inspection but a local inspection as I look after social services children. The lady was chatting about a course I had recently been on and my mindee (aged 2) came over to me and said "Julie, can you shut me in the cupboard again, Please???" The inspector looked mortified until I explained that whilst the new flooring was being laid the under stairs cupboard had been emptied and so I put some blankets, cushions and lots of torches and flashing lights in there like a mini-sensory room, and that sometimes we had a snack or a story, and that this particular girl liked to sleep in there. I hasten to add that there is a handle on the inside of the door. The inspector was so impressed she sat in there with us! Shame it is full of all the usual gubbins now.

Jan 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

My inspection was during school holidays and my oldest son was a home and he has as aspergers his interest/ obsession is computers and he promptly told inspector that her laptop was old and out of date as It was running vista and windows 7 is what it should be working. He then proceeded to show her that she did not have much memory space left on her hard drive. This was after he told her that it was dangerous to balance a lap top on her lap she should use a table. And his final comment was her battery was running low so she should leave.

Oh and a few years before my development worker visited and we had flags of all the countries up on large window showing who was taking part in world cup. She asked my son where was the Jamaica flag as she was from Jamaica to which the reply " no flag they cannot play football they did not qualify silly"
    Last edited by Tazmin68; 06-05-2012 at 01:15 AM.
    Children are born with wings we help them to fly.

Nov 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tazmin68 View Post
    My inspection was during school holidays and my oldest son was a home and he has as aspergers his interest/ obsession is computers and he promptly told inspector that her laptop was old and out of date as It was running vista and windows 7 is what it should be working. He then proceeded to show her that she did not have much memory space left on her hard drive. This was after he told her that it was dangerous to balance a lap top on her lap she should use a table. And his final comment was her battery was running low so she should leave.

Oh and a few years before my development worker visited and we had flags of all the countries up on large window showing who was taking part in world cup. She asked my son where was the Jamaica flag as she was from Jamaica to which the reply " no flag they cannot play football they did not qualify silly"
    LOVE IT!!!

Feb 91
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

A lo was just about to settle herself for a nap in the quiet corner when MRS O arrived, boy did she need that nap…but of course she forgot about sleeping and just bounced around with joy at having someone new to play with until lunch time. Sleep caught up with her sitting at the table ......and there she was with her head in her plate
    I thought oh goodness Mrs O’s going to think I’ve deliberately deprived this child of her sleep and I’ll be had for neglect- yes I really thought that, my nerves were shot to pieces but she just smiled and said it was ages since she’d seen a child crash out like that
    keeping my head down

Jan 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

My first inspection I had my own ds (2) potty training. He was doing really well, until he was sat on the bench next to the ofsted inspector.... Only very just missed her foot!!!

xx

pre reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by OrlandoBelle View Post
    Not child related.... but on my pre-inspection my dog decided to chew at his own bum and preceded to scoot across the living room on it leaving a mark on my carpet. I was absolutely mortified! He's never done that before and has never done it since. It HAD to be when she was there didn't it? Luckily I don't think she noticed.
    Hilarious!!! Nearly choked on my tea reading this one. As a dog owner, it tickled me!!!!

Anna x

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123