Learning journey/obs/EYFS for 4yo at school?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Mar 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Learning journey/obs/EYFS for 4yo at school?

Hi,

I have a new 4 year old coming after school 2 days a week from October. I know that for the purpose of numbers she will be classed as over 5 as she is attending 10 sessions a week but my certificate says something about being in the EYFS age group until 31st Aug after their 5th b'day. So does this mean that Ofsted would expect me to do the same for her in terms of EYFS as I would do for the little ones who are with me all day until she finished reception class next year? If so seems a bit over the top!?!?

Thanks in advance, just getting myself a bit confused!!

oct 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Once they are in in full time school then I do not do a learning journal for them.
    They get a exercise book with photos of them showing things we have done or places we have gone to and that is it.

July07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a little boy on a weds only from 8-8.30am..chaos getting ready for school etc.
    And 3.15-6pm so I wont be doing a lot with him, just a small amount of paperwork once a month maybe.
    Weds is my busiest day and I have 2x8yr olds, a 7yr old, a 6yr old, a 4yr old, a 2.5yr old and am taking on a 10m old soon so finding time to do anything with him will be a task in itself.

Becky x

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

It is important to remember that children are still in Eyfs until they go into Year 1.

However you can only do a LJ that covers the time they are with you - so if you only see them for an hour there's little you can write.

Also you are not responsible for the early learning goals - school does those.

You must do something with the child - and the something must be recorded. But if that's resting and relaxing and reading books and playing in the garden and watching some TV and using the computer and joining in with crafts then that's what you record.

Hth