Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Registered Childminder since
    Jul 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default How many mindee's do you all have ??

I am registered for 4 mindee's, 2 of which are in the Eyfs bracket and 2 that are 5-8, but i was just wondering how full you all are and if you have got a waiting list at all ??

I rang a few local childminders today asking if they have any parents asking for care and they are full to pass my number on but a few of them said work is very thin on the ground at the mo

I know it can take a while to get going and i have been doing some advertising around and about with nothing yet

Katie

Jan 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

hi, some of mine finished 22nd july as they were on the grant and one due to come bk in the sept 2011 term but ive only got x3 part time children atm and one leaves on 12th Aug.... need to advertise i think coz im skint now in sept im going to be well skint lol

Feb 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

I've got siblings who do 1 day a week, and another mindee who comes 3 days a week. I have a new mindee starting in September who will do 2 days a week- various hours. It leaves me with one space on a Tuesday and one space on a Wednesday. I don't work Fridays and don't do school aged children.

sept 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I have 6 part time mindees and 1 full time, all eyfs age range.
    2 school drop offs but it did take almost 2 years to build my business up and most of my business now comes from my own children's school and being at groups. My 2 are 8 now too which helps as not in my numbers so can do the extras for school runs.
    I'll lose 2 of those 6 at the end of August though and at the moment I'm not looking to replace them as some days with only 2 mindees are much needed!

June 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    OUTSTANDING
    Post Thanks / Like

I work with hubby as my assistant and we are registered for 7 children per day.
    Altogether throughout the week we have 14 children, 6 of which are in the EYFS I have before school, all day and after school children and the phone keeps on ringing, I have just taken a booking for January 2012

Jan 91
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    Nursery Nurse
    Post Thanks / Like

I have 2 two year olds and a four year old. All part time. The 4 year old starts full time school in September and is leaving me to join his older brother in the after school club. I'm hoping to fill his place as I don't think i can manage financially with just two. One does 4 days, the other 3. The latter may go up to 4 days in October though.

I do have a lady who wants the vacant place in September but is currently trying to find a job.

Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

I've got 11 children on my books which is lovely to be full (tiring though!) 9 of them are under 5's But looking forward a few years, assuming they all stay, I will have all of these children at school and hoping not to take on any more under fives (finances allowing) and no more EYFS!!!! . The thought of not working 9 - 3 and just doing full days in the school hols is very appealing to me at the moment. Time to get all those jobs done that I've been putting off for years and I'm sure there'll be a LOT more jobs by the time this all happens (if it ever happens) !

I wish you all the best in getting more children to mind - it can sometimes take a while to get set up with being as busy as you want/need to be

Apr 10
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I work alongside Claire (my better half) and we are both registered childminders.

Currently we have 15 mindees ranging from 22 months to 16 years, doing various hours, some full time and some part time. The 16 yo has Cerebral Palsy and we have 4 LO's with various SEN so it can be demanding at times. (Wouldn't change it though )

The most we have at any one time is 11, but it varies from some days having only 4 to having 11 on our busiest day.

We have a new 8 month old starting in October which Claire is so looking forward to

Oct 97
    Post Thanks / Like

Work is really quiet here, with some minders with no work at all, most if my friends have spaces, I have three single day tome places but have taken on extra after schoolies to boost income.

Nov 07
    Post Thanks / Like

I have had an easy year as I wanted the time to study so I either had 2 or 3 days each week where I didn't work between 9 and 3. I have my own ds who is 5 and I have taken on 3 more for September who I am hoping with some moving around I can fit into 4 days. I always like to keep one day for myself

Post Thanks / Like

I've got 12 children on the books atm - all part-time as I only work 3 days a week - and that's enough for me!

Miffy xx
    Keep smiling!

apr 08
    Post Thanks / Like

I have 4, (9, 6, 5, 4) all after schoolers even the 4yr old he goes to a Montessori Nursery.
    They plus my own 2 (almost 10 & 13) is all I want at the moment.
    Mandy
    Anyone got any Chocolate Buttons?

May 11
    Post Thanks / Like

I have 3 part timers atm aged 1, 7 and 10. I have 9 month old twins starting in September 2 mornings per week - I can't wait lol. Just starting out so hopefully I'll get a full timer soon x

June 95
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

10 on my books I work 5 days a week but wish I only worked 4.

May 11
    Post Thanks / Like

I have 6 which is 3 after schoolies mon to fri and 3 eyfs that are part time. Only started 3 weeks ago so I'm happy with that! X

Oct 03
    Post Thanks / Like

I have 8, all part time, I work four days, five in the EYFS

oct 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

I have five 2 year olds, one of which has cerebral palsy and one has SEN.

I find 2 year olds the best age, they are so funny and you can do good activities with them and the added bonus is that all mine still have an afternnon nap

Oct 05
    Post Thanks / Like

I have 8 mindees, 4 schoolies & 4 EYFS, also a 1yr & a 2yr old of my own!

Nov 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Just 1 at the moment - had 3 leavers at end of term and not replaced yet.

Giving myself a quiet summer for once - 2 days/wk with the 2yr old and occasional days with ex mindees 12 and 11 yr old siblings who just about grew up with my own children.

Then in Sept the 2yr old should be back for 3 days/wk with baby sister starting too. If new contracts get signed for them I will leave it at that
    Happy to be back with the Greenies

July 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I have 2 part time, 1 part time hols only and 1 ad hoc. I am registered for 3 children (2 under 5). Mine are made up of...
    Mon x1 full day
    Tues x1 full day and 1 part day
    Thurs x 1 part day

Hols child is Wed and Thurs full days and ad hoc is really just that although have her booked in for 12 sessions over 4 weeks of the summer hols.

Difficult to get work that fits with my dds school run

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast