Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Ramadan

Registered Childminder since
    Apr 10
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Ramadan

Ramadan 1st - 30th August

Just wondering if anyone is doing anything or is affected by Ramadan.

We have 1 LO who is a Muslim, however Muslim children are not required to fast until they reach the age of maturity (puberty).

We had a great chat with Mum last week and learnt that in many families, younger children enjoy participating and are encouraged to practice their fasting.
    It is common for a younger child to fast for part of a day, or for one day on the weekend. This way, they enjoy the "grown-up" feeling that they are participating in the special events of the family and community.

It is also common for children to participate in Ramadan in other ways, aside from the daily fast. They may collect coins or money to donate to the needy, help cook meals for breaking the day's fast, or read Qur'an with the family in the evening.

We will be doing lots of talking about things related to Ramadan and then on the 31st August will celebrate Eid with lots of traditional treats.

aug 01
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

hi my hubby and kids are muslim i am english. My children soemtimes fast at weekends but are not forced to i think this year it is a bit long and too warm to expect kids to fast as the first day of fasting they close rosa( stop eating) 2.58am and open rosa( start eating) 9.18pm thats a very long time to not eat, drink, take medication etc....

a good thing to make with kids is paranta you can get them from asda as they sell them in the freezer dept they are like a buttery chappetti that you dry fry the kids can dip in yoghurt.

Also try some sweets they are nice too...

i make pakoras which are easy to make but not for children really as it involves deep frying.....

you could get some ready made samosas..

also you can make eid cards we do it every year we also make eid stain glass windows, .. saying eid murbarak (happy eid) or a picture of the moon and star as on the flag.

also on eid if someone says eid murbarak to you you should reply heir murbarak.xxx children get eiddy which is money off aunts,uncles, parenst and any distance family that visit the home on eid day... also children get new clothes for eid rather than presents.

hope i havent bored you with this info ..lol anything else i canhelp you with let me know i am also on fb and most members on here are my friends they may be some pics from previous eids on my fb pics if you want to pinch some feel free i dont mind xx

Apr 10
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Thanks for the extra info and ideas If I get stuck I know who to contact

Post Thanks / Like

Apr 10
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Thanks Angel

some great sites more than enough to keep us busy,

Thanks again and have a great day

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dave View Post
    Thanks Angel

some great sites more than enough to keep us busy,

Thanks again and have a great day
    You have a great day also Dave, hope you have this lovely weather

Angel xx

Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

i'm going to do this the week I'm back from hols - lots of activities to keep them busy as I'll be jetlagged
    if you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you everyone for the info and some great ideas.

Miffy xx
    Keep smiling!