Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    June 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default emergency backup

My 11 year old son phoned me off his mobile he had hurt himself falling off his bike, my husband just walked in from work so I left mindee with him for 5 minutes because his mum was due any minute so I could attend to my son who was a mile down the road. Do I need to record that I have used my husband as emergency back up anywhere this is the first time I have left a mindee?
    Straws x

Oct 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Not sure on this one, but I would think yes it would be best to record it somewhere.
    I have in my policy that in the event of an emergency children will be left with a known responsible adult- my husband who is also an assistant. Parents are made aware of this and understand that it will only be for a short amount of time, in which I will either return or they will be contacted for collection.
    Cover yourself though, you never know!

Oct 05
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes I would record it as an incident and also make a note in the main diary.