What do they call you?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default What do they call you?

Hi,

Im just wondering what other minders have their minded children call them?

I personally prefer my full first name, rather than the shortened version that my friends call me. I also have a little boy who calls me "nanny" which I LOVE! (Specially because he cant pronounce it properly so it doesnt even sound like "nanny"!!). One of my mums the other day asked me if her LO can call me aunty...for some reason Im uncomfortable with that.

What does everyone else do?

Sx

Registered Childminder since
    July 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: What do they call you?

All my mindees call me Carol although one mindee calls me the best childminder in the world!!!

Bless him and that's after I make him eat his vegetables

He also does say we are part of his family which makes this job so special.

Carol xx

Dec 03
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

My mindees call me Angela sometimes the youger ones might call me Nanny as my grandchildren are here calling me Nanny they soon get to realise its Angela

Angela
    Angela x
    Owner of a static holiday caravan in Paignton

Jan 00
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

They call me Donna, one little girl calls me 'my Donna' which is quite sweet, another has started calling me 'Don Don' which i am trying to discourage.

Jan 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

1 Family years ago called me Auntie June (as they said I was like their family) and now its stuck .
    When I went to work in our village Nursery the Headmistress let me choose what I wanted the children to call me , I did not want to be "Miss" I think its nicer to be called by your name so that s what I decided on.
    Merry Christmas Everyone

Sept 06
    Post Thanks / Like

They all call me Holly except one family who call me auntie Holly because they don't want mother-in-law to know they have a childminder!!!

Apparantly she disapproves of mum working - she should be home looking after her own children ha ha!!

I am dreading meeting her in town one day when I have the children - what will I say????

Pipsqueak Guest

My mindee calls me "biccy", she can say Vicky (when she wants something lol).

My mum is up to stay at the moment and she calls her Nanny Sylvia - bless her and its pleased my mum no end. Especially when she said "can I share you with James (my son), I don't have a Nanny". Melts your heart.

My kids have always called my neighbour Nanna and the youngest mindee calls her that too.

Nov 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm generally called Tasha, but I've been called Mummy Tasha too...I tried to discourage it, but real Mummy was really pleased her LO loved coming so much, so it stuck!
    Tasha

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm usually called Pauline. One child's mum did encourage her to call me Auntie Pauline and that stuck, she's 22 now and still calls me that!!

I think it depends on the parents too, on what they want.

I've heard of a local minder who encourages the children to call her mummy, which I think is appaling. Sometimes they do forget which is fine, but you must always correct them, in my opinion.
    Pauline x

30 Oct
    Post Thanks / Like

Mine just call me Caroline. occasionally they've forgot and called me Mummy but I always say something when they do that.

I think the minder who encourages the children to call her Mummy must have a screw loose somewhere. That is really bad.

Aug 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I can't believe that Pauline, a minder encourages her mindees to call her mummy! I'd be fuming if my son called a childminder 'mummy' - apart from me! What a strange thing to do.

Post Thanks / Like

The one year old (whos mum wants her to call me aunty) usually says "mummy", but I certainly dont encourage it!!! I hate referring to myself in the third person, but with this LO I do so she gets used to me being S, not mummy!!
    How odd the the CM encourages the use of the word mummy. Do the parents know? Im suprised they send kids to her if they do - I wouldnt want my two going to her - I would feel she was trying to replace me!

Sx

Nov 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree & while I do have the above mentioned child that calls me Mummy Tasha...it is something I don't particularly like, but stood no chance when Mum encourages it!!! I suppose as long as she's happy, but as LO grows I will try & drop the Mummy bit! I think it's appalling that the childminder your way encourages it!

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

My lot have always called me Sarah and when they say mummy by mistake I make a funny comment, so they know I'm not cross but they got it wrong.

Nov 200
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

All my mindees call me cheryl although they have called me mummy by mistake from time to time , i just usually say cheryl sraightaway after they have said it but dont make a big deal of it.

They all call my parents nanna and grandad this is because first names didnt seem very respectful and mr / mrs ...... was a mouthful, all the parents are happy with this and parents are made aware of this from the start x

Cheryl x

Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

mine call me Sue and although I hate been called Sue, when it's the kids I dont mind so much xxx
    Love Mrs Edward Cullen x

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by carolinel View Post
    I think the minder who encourages the children to call her Mummy must have a screw loose somewhere. That is really bad.
    Yes and it might explain why I've had calls from two of her mindee's parents looking for alternative care and another minder has had a call from another one!!!

Sadly I can't take them on
    Pauline x

Jan 84
    Post Thanks / Like

Most of mine call me Marg, but over the years I have been called Nana Marg 1. One other family called me Nana Marg 2 because they already had Nana Marg 1, I have also been called Mummy but I try and make a joke of it to try and discourage them gently. As long as no-one is upset by the things the little ones call us then I think it nice sometimes with the little mix ups in names they use.
    Teacake2

Apr 01
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

They usually call me by my first name but the other day a mindee said "goodbye", then paused... I was waiting for the usual "poohead" or similar showing off insult, but instead he came up with "goodbye gorgeous". !!

Sept 00
    Post Thanks / Like

i like that one susi513, my nephew went through a lovely phase of calling everyone poohead which made everyone else laugh and i just told him i thought he was very rude funnily enough he doesn't do it when i'm around.

i always correct the children when they say mummy but in a nice way, even if we're in town and someone says something like give it to mummy, but poor things as mandy is so much like mummy i think they get quite confused to start with also my husband is david so one of them called him daddy for a while. which luckily her dad din't object to.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast