Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Registered Childminder since
    Jan 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: What do they call you?

All my mindees call me Lisa (or Esa - the very young ones) - but I do have one little boy who calls me 'LADY'! I keep referring myself as Lisa to him, but he just shouts 'lady' when he wants me! Bit embarressing at toddler group when he shouts at the top of his voice!
    Lisa x

Sept 07
    Post Thanks / Like

Talking Re: What do they call you?

I used to look after a 1-year old boy full time 8am-7pm. He couldn't say Jana, and sometimes got confused and called me 'mummy'.And then he started to call me 'yummy' -as in Jana (pronounced as Yana) and mummy! That was so sweet!

Dec '06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    V Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Most of mine call be "Ona" as they cant say Fiona and the baby its " no mummy" as she cant say anything but mummy and she knows its not right.

The kids do get muddled up from time to time especially when they here my own 2 kids call me mummy and they then do it too but we just have a laugh about it.

July 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

How confusing is it for our own children when mindees call us by our name

My 2 year old has just started calling me Carol.

Carol xx

Aug 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

That might be just a phase.

My mum says that when I was two I absolutely insisted on calling my mum and dad by their first names and Benjamin's been through that phase too! I thought it was very funny but Darren hated it! Ha ha!

Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Amy sometimes copies of the mindees and calls me Susan.... she knows its mummy cause she laughs at me when she does it and I say its mummy to you .....LOL
    Love Mrs Edward Cullen x

Sept 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

The little girl I'm minding calls me by my first name. When my partner's in the house she calls him 'The Daddy'. That makes me smile, especially when she asks, "where's The Daddy gone?". I've even begun calling him The Daddy too!

Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I've only had two mindees the 4 year called me by my name and the younger one has just started to call me wezze and will correct himself if he says mummy now. He is just coming up to two and he has been with me a year now. He use to call me mummy but then my 3 year old is with us most of the time. I found it really hard to make sure i said my name a lot so he understood. My son did use to tell him of going ' NO its not mummy its louise'

April06
    Post Thanks / Like

my mindee's call me by my first name, and my youngest granddaughter tries it on as well, I say to her no, its nanny to you, the mindee's have called me mummy and then laugh as they are old enough to realise, we just laugh it off, they some times copy the grandchildren and call me nanny as well, I dont mind that as they havent got any grandparents near by, and mum likes it when they do call me nanny, as long as they are not rude I dont mind what they call me, except for mum or mummy as they have only one of those, I certainly wouldnt encourage a minded child to call me mummy,
    Mandy

Post Thanks / Like

I think it depends on the age of the child. When they are just learning to talk and starting with mummy I don't think its a problem - I do not keep stopping them as its how they get attention and do not want to discourage speech. If they can't say thier own name I don't put pressure on them learning my name!

I tell thier parents they may call me mum initially because a) they can say it and b) to them I am a 'mummy' figure but not thier mum. Its a name not a substitue. They are in a home environment and often hear my children call me mum. As thier speech develops the children switch to my name. How quick depends on the child. My full time girl will be 2 in January has only recently started talking - using mum over the last few weeks. I will now start encouraging her to say my name.

If they come to me old enough to talk they use my name immediatly.

Just my view!!

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I was looking after a little boy in the 1990's around the time of the TV show 'Dinosaurs' and his Dad taught him to call me "Not d' momma"

(Baby Dinosaurs catch phrase for those who didn't see it)
    Pauline x

sept 94
    Post Thanks / Like

one of my families has been with me ten years and they call me aunty cathy,
    so the younger ones just follow and call me aunty but as they get older we change it to cathy
    there parents are quite happy with that but as you say would not like to be call mum
    if they do i just say its cathy/aunty cathy but don't make a big thing out of it

cathy

Feb 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good Apr 15
    Post Thanks / Like

I've always been Emma!! The younger one have called me mummy but as of their age you just correct them, I would never get them to call me mummy thats wrong!

Both of my 2 (5 and 3) went through a stage of calling me Emma as the mindies would.

I visited a childminder friend in Corby and her minidies called her Auntie L but it just sounded weird to me when she said pass it to Auntie L.. BUt then I've not grown up calling no family friends Auntie or Uncle, were as hubby has and thought I was strange thinking my friend was weird!! lol

Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pauline View Post
    I was looking after a little boy in the 1990's around the time of the TV show 'Dinosaurs' and his Dad taught him to call me "Not d' momma"

(Baby Dinosaurs catch phrase for those who didn't see it)

you are not d' momma but d' queen Pauline
    Love Mrs Edward Cullen x

Dec 200
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

The kids call me Lana (na-na) occasionally they say mummy but they are quite good at correcting themselves when they do it becasue I always make sure they know I am not their mummy. I would be mortified if a minded child started calling me mummy all the time - id be heartbroken if isabelle ever called anyone else that

xx

Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

its not often any of them call me mum but they usually know and say oops i mean sue.... LOL

I hate been called sue but dont seem to mind the chikdren calling me it xxx11111111111111
    Love Mrs Edward Cullen x

Post Thanks / Like

i've looked after my nephew from 6 months old to 3 yrs (he's leaving at the end of Feb his mum's on maternity leave for the whole year ohh ) he used to call me mummy which was sweet now he's calling me aunty gail
    the twin that i have after school calls me gail

jan 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

i look after my nephew alot as my sister cant cope very well and also my friends children when their granny/nanna cant do it and what bugs me is constantly explaining to ppl that im not mummy im aunty, or just a friend looking after the children for abit. guess im gonna have to get used to that for when i start minding huh, lol

leanne
    xx
    Don't let your halo slip and strangle you!!

Leanne
    xx

April 2
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Well i'm quite formal and liked to be called Miss Jeffery.......... lol only kidding !!!** They call me RAchel or rach . I also point out to other people that i'm not there mum if they call me that (the other people i mean)

Dec 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi,

Only J is old enough to talk but he calls me Debbie.

4 kids calling you Mummy is enough lol

Although I am always answering other peoples kids when they shout Mummy when we are out, think its an automatic reaction!

Love

Debbie

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12