Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Registered Childminder since
    Jul 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sdean View Post
    I am struggling to attach my photos but I have a facebook page with some photos on.
    ttps://www.facebook.com/pages/Sarah-Dean-Childminding/129648067109473
    Love your playroom. I want one.

May 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sdean View Post
    I am struggling to attach my photos but I have a facebook page with some photos on.
    ttps://www.facebook.com/pages/Sarah-Dean-Childminding/129648067109473
    Your setting looks great Sarah
    Nothing succeeds like a toothless budgie

feb 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

this is out play room form one end!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Nov 10
    Post Thanks / Like

Luv luv luv your playroom fiona! do you mind me asking where you got ur mat?
    Holly xxx :)

feb 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

am loving all these playrooms, although i don't have one its giving me ideas that i could adapt and use, thank you for sharing everyone

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Loving the playrooms, i use our conservatory but definatly need to get more organised.

Apr10
    Post Thanks / Like

loving all these pictures.I'm currently furnishing a 12ft x 8ft shed in my garden to take the inside outside

These ideas are fab and I will come back and show you my end pictures soon I hope!

Jan 10
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chibault View Post
    Hi Rain or Shine,
    you're so lucky to have a play room, I'd soooo love to have one! My play room is basically every room in my house other than the bathroom.

This page should give you lots of inspiration for your playroom.
    http://pinterest.com/thelittlelist/learning-spaces/

Personally I have incorporated the Montessori method into my home and find it's much nicer to live with, as everything is neat and tidy and a pleasure to look at. I tried plastic boxes of toys and they drove me round the bend. Also it's cheaper to make the toys and you don't end up with piles of plastic toys everywhere.

My advice would be have areas, as it's easier for the children to select what they want to do next and where the toys are to be put away, so even if they're not put away exactly right, they're still in the right area. So I have areas and change the items once the children stop playing with them:

- a music area (tray on a shelf with a few musical instruments which are changed regularly).
    - a book nook/literacy area by the sofa (books, shapes to draw around, pencils, paper, sandpaper letters, a simple painted alphabet, phonics cards)
    - a nature area which covers botany and zoology (tray with different things from nature, such as feathers, conkers, sticks, leaves, pine cones and stones, plus magnifying glasses, plastic animals to match up with the flags of the world they come from, a leaf, tree and flower puzzle - this names all the parts of the flower, wooden puzzle matching baby animals to their parents)
    - practical life area (play post box, a set to learn to use tongs to pick up pom poms - made from egg box, mini tongs and a bowl on a tray, basket with pegs in - to peg around the edge, money box and change, two bowls and a spoon with cereal - to learn spooning, jugs and water - to learn pouring skills, threading buttons, nuts and bolts board, hammering).
    - sensorial area (generally montessori materials I have purchased or made, like sand paper cards, which kids match the grains of sandpaper to develop their sense of touch, colour matching games - made with laminated colour cards (made from paint charts) and a box of matching coloured items like buttons, toys, stones, spoons and coloured wooden blocks. Anything else which develops their senses, like tasting cups (to match flavours), sound pots (to match sounds) these are film canisters filled with things like rice or pasta, but superglued down! And a few russian dolls and a wooden sequence puzzle)
    - geography area (land and water forms made from sculpey - lake/island, strait/isthumus, peninsula/bay, home made globe painted so the water area is blue and smooth and land is rough and mustard colour, flags.
    - science area (mainly magnet play as other science things I tend to set up every so often)
    - art area and others such as dress up are in flux, as I am currently working on moving the remaining plastic items (such as toy shop/kitchen) out to the playhouse.

There are loads of websites and blogs out there on how to make your own educational equipment, so worth checking it out.

Good luck,
    Becky x
    Love all these ideas. Def going to incorporate more montessori when I start up fully again later in the yr!
    Last edited by clio0602; 18-06-2011 at 08:10 PM.

feb 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by holly...007 View Post
    Luv luv luv your playroom fiona! do you mind me asking where you got ur mat?
    hi ya, i got my rug from tts they had lots of different ones

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Playroom

Some great playrooms on here, good to get ideas! I've just finished painting the radiator guard! x
    Attached Images Attached Images

nov 02
    Post Thanks / Like

loving the radiator cover!!

Oct 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

That radiator cover is awesome, I love it!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cchildcare View Post
    Some great playrooms on here, good to get ideas! I've just finished painting the radiator guard! x
    Love the radiator guard and the butterfly's on the wall!!! Now I REALLY want a playroom

June 95
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

cchildcare WOW!! great radiator cover.

Nov 93
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Love that radiator cover, but I don't have a radiator in my playroom

Feb 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't have a playroom. I used to have one but it was upstairs and it just didn't work.
    I do use our smallest bedroom as toy storage though (and now there's a travel cot up in there, so the room is really rammed full!), plus my son's room is huge so we have lots of toys in there. And I have a big unit in my lounge full of toys. Apart from a small noticeboard in the hallway with my registration certificate and parent poster on, you wouldn't know I was a childminder. My son is only 2 so even if I wasn't minding we would have toys all over the place!
    I'd love a downstairs playroom- for starters it would save my lounge carpet from getting ruined! I'd be able to store all the toys in there which would free up the small bedroom for a second baby one day. And i'd be able to put up a nice big display board and hang lots of pictures all over the walls- I don't feel I can do this anywhere else because it needs to still be my home at the end of each day.

may10
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rain or Shine View Post
    Hey guys

I am opening this thread to hopefully give new and already well established childminders ideas on how to set out their playrooms and what to put in them.

I have been registered since Nov 2010 and its not gone brilliantly for me, had some awful bully children and then lost my baby. I am now looking at starting up again and feel my room looks very plain. When I became a childminder I quickly bought lots of plastic stuff just soI had toys and now as I go I want to buy more natural items for the children I finally find. I do have a sensory basket so i am trying lol.

I was wondering if some of you lovely people would put pictures of your playrooms in this thread and maybe one of your most enjoyed toys.

I would really appreciate the inspiration and I am sure many others will too xxxx

I have attached some pics of my playroom (child is dd) xxx
    Hi hun ive just redcorated my playroom tried to attach pics but for some reason it keeps failing. Ive got them on my facebook page (adeles childminding) if you wanna have a look on there feel free to leave a comment :-). all I need now are children to go in it as my only child is starting school in september :-(

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234